The Hyatt Regency Orange County delivers exactly what it promises...3.5 - 4 star service at reasonable prices. Located about a mile from Disneyland/California Adventure, we chose the Hyatt because they offered a family suite, which was ideal for our housing needs.
We upgraded to the VIP Family Suite which was on sale. The room was huge, over 700 square feet, offering one room with a bunk bed, full bath and flat screen television for the little ones. Our room featured a very comfortable king bed, full bath and large flat screen. While the sitting area featured a large sofa, work desk, refrigerator, microwave and another flat screen television. Since the Hyatt is nearing the end of a extensive renovation program, the room was in great shape. Room noise levels were acceptable, although at times you could hear people in adjoining rooms and door slams. The decor tended toward the bland, and I found the quality of some of the furnishings a bit on the cheap side.
Both bathrooms were good sized and clean...but nothing spectacular. Again, the decor was basic and bland, just what you would expect from a 3.5 star property. Housekeeping did a nice job during our five night stay, and addressed an issue with our in room refrigerator immediately.
The lobby area was impressive, featuring a high atrium with palm trees. The hotel bar and restaurant both sit inside the atrium, offering a great place to people watch while you enjoy your food and beverages. A gift shop and Starbucks are also located within the atrium. Again, the renovations give the Hyatt a sparkling, clean appearance. The exterior landscaping was classy and gave the hotel a very California feel.
The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub for the North tower...other guests remarked that the South Tower pool and fitness center were also very nice. Parking was $15 dollars a day self service, access in and out was very simple. Internet access was provided...at a fee, of course.
The surrounding area offered a choice of dining options, ranging from fast food like Jack in the Box, to high end steak houses like Ruth's Chris and Mortons. A Target store is across the street. The Block at Orange (shopping/entertainment) and the Big "A" Angels stadium are both less that four miles away.
The front desk check in was very efficient and friendly...as were the staff we encountered. Finally, the free, that's right free, shuttle to Disneyland ran on schedule and was never overly crowded during our usage.
The Hyatt Orange County is the perfect hotel for families looking to visit the Mouse, or attend a Los Angeles Angels ballgame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to hotels near Disneyland, Hyatt Regency Orange County is the ultimate destination for your getaway or vacation. Located just 1.4 miles from the Disneyland® Resort, our luxury hotel near Anaheim has shuttle service available to and from the parks, and is in close proximity to Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, world-famous beaches and many other Orange County attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel Garden Grove
- Hyatt Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Garden Grove, CA