“Not up to Hyatt Regency's standards” 2 of 5 stars

Disneyland Package
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sandia Park
“Not up to Hyatt Regency's standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

I took my two teenage sons to Disneyland and stayed at the Hyatt Regency as we got a great rate on Priceline. The building is impressive, clean and neat and the registration staff was proficient. Since we got in from LAX in the early afternoon, we decided to wait to go to Disneyland and go to the pool and relax. I was shocked that there was no staff to be found anywhere near the pool, no poolside food or drink service. I called to the front desk to be told that I could order food from the restaurant and I would have to go get it. It seemed there was a general lack of staff throughout the hotel, with the exception of the restaurant.

Most Hyatt Regency hotels have excellent service and will go out of their way to assist their customers. This hotel's staff is not customer service oriented; in fact, they were rather dismissive. That being said, I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

Really enjoyed our stay here. We were there for the Yankees games against the Angels. It was not too handy for Angels stadium but good for disney. We got a taxi to the stadium and walked back. It is about a fifty minute brisk walk. There is plenty of parking at the stadium though and the traffic seemed to clear quickly.

We were upgraded to a suite for the price of a standard king. We booked through the hyatt website so we paid the normal rate. The suite was nice, had a large living and dining area and floor to ceiling windows which overlooked the atrium. The bed was really comfortable and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was tiny.

All of the staff were really nice and helpful. We had a buffet breakfast both days in the California Grill I think it was about $15 each for breakfast but there was a good choice and good quality. Filled up on the good stuff there as there only seems to be junk food available at disney. The onsite starbucks was handy too. There is a dennys just up the street if you do not want to pay the hotel prices.

The disney shuttle was good but very busy on a morning. They seemed to be running more frequently than every 30 minutes on a morning. It is only about a 20 minute walk to disney but the shuttle was a godsend after a day walking about disney and standing in queues.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

After many bad hotel experiances in Anaheim...I finally found a great place to stay. Other than the 12.00$ per day parking which was a bit excessive.I love'd it. The staff was great, the rooms were great and the beds were So comfortable. I had to write down the type of bed. I will be buying one this month. I loved that they had a starbucks on site. The shuttle to Disneyland is free, and it is on a nice bus not the trolley system used in the other hotels. The pool was nice and my kids had a blast. Room service was a little pricey, but I ordered kids meals for 5.00$ and they were huge. I love this place.....I can't wait until next year. I will stay here over and over again.

Sterling, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

We spent four nights at this hotel during the extremely busy weekend of the July 17th Disneyland 50th anniversary. I agree with most of the recent posts. We stayed four nights in the newly-renovated South Tower in a room with two double beds. It faced the South Tower's pool and spa. We did not face the Anaheim/Disneyland side so could not see the fireworks at night. The self-parking is $12, but we were only charged for two nights of parking. I found the front desk service, cleanliness, rooms, pool and location to be top notch and 4* quality. My friend tried the fitness center and said it was very good. We all used the pool and spa area and were impressed with it. At $45 (Priceline) + $12 parking I thought it was a steal for a room that went for over $149/night during the weekend part of our stay.

The downsides? The shuttle is not the quickest. It has some stops. It only runs every 30 minutes. It is definitely more than a mile to Disneyland's entrance, so you wouldn't want to walk. We drove and paid for parking on two of our Disneyland days. I would guess it is around three miles. We did not try the restaurants in the atrium, but they were expensive. The business center was also very expensive, around $.50-60/minute of internet usage.

Still, I would recommend this hotel and would love to win it again at $45 in this zone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

Had a great stay at this hotel. I received a great rate of $70/per night through Hotwire. When I checked-in, I was given a room in the south tower without having to ask for it. The south tower rooms are the newly upgraded rooms. The beds in the south tower are great and I was able to get a great night of sleep after a long day at the Disneyland park. The hotel offers a free shuttle service and it is shared only with the Crowne Plaza hotel. It is not the Anaheim Resort Transport system used by many other hotels. It utilizes an actual charter bus and worked out great.

This was a great hotel and would highly recommend it even at the rack room rate. It is an outstanding deal with the rate from Hotwire.

scottsdale, arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

I read some of the poor reviews of this hotel and wonder how that was possible! Our two day stay was fabulous! We did Disney for 2 days and have young kids (6 mo and 2 yrs) so leary about taking the trip to begin with. The Hyatt made it so easy! The kids room--with bunk beds was great b/c the 2 year old took easy naps while we relaxed in another room. The shuttle back and forth was super convenient as was the Starbucks in the lobby! The only disappointment was the Pizza Hut on premises doesn't open for lunch and there aren't a lot of alternatives within walking distance. The staff was great, room was very clean and quiet. We could even see the fireworks at Disneyland from our room---center stage! We loved it. I highly recommend this hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We choose the location to be near disneyland. It was a few minutes away. We checked in on a Wednesday night around 1130p. There was no wait, the staff was friendly. We did self park, it was a short walk to the lobby. Our room was in the south tower. The bed was comfy and bathroom was clean. We had a tv and a good size closet, love seat and desk in the room. It was a great, easy stay.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!