“Over promised under delivered” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove to your Saves list
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12021 Harbor Blvd., Garden Grove, CA 92840 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Anaheim - Garden Grove)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Garden Grove
Garden Grove
“Over promised under delivered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel property looks nice on the outside and the lobby was inviting. I dropped my wife off at the entrance and she checked us in while I looked for parking. The parking at this property was awful they apparently share the lot with an adjacent hotel and I had to park all the way at the other end of the lot and then hoof it back to the hotel.

When we made out reservation we asked the agent if the beds were pillow top mattresses and we were assured that they were high quality pillow top beds. The beds are awful and I've slept on better at a much cheaper property. I called down to the front desk and spoke with Gary who assured me he would leave a note with the general manager to address my concerns about the quality of beds and the miscommunication of the reservation staff. We were never contacted, in fact the first contact I have received about our stay was an email from Wyndham asking for a review.

I would not recommend this property to anyone, yes they have a high class name but the rooms just don't live up to it and the customer service follow up is non existent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Garden Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The rooms were wonderful. The overall accommodations were great. The parking area is a bit crowded and too few. But it is conveniently located and the staff, more than makes up for any of these short comings. I would certainly recommend this place and I would come back again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this review, 2 days ago
It's such a pleasure to have been able to share this visit with you and to hear that the efforts of our team made it such a memorable one. It would be a pleasure to host you again the next time you're headed our way, and we encourage you to reach out to the team if there's anything we can do to make your return travels even more comfortable. Many thanks for your visit and this thoughtful feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First off I have to say the staffs there were super friendly and helpful! The moment I walked in, I was greeted by the supervisor. I was pretty bummed out considering that my whole trip was ruined the moment I landed. But with that being said, she recommended a few things I should do while I'm here to make the best of it.

After I checked in, I walked around to get familiar with the area. Valet guys are outside and present if u can't find parking or just want parking upfront. They had a bar for your drinking needs, fitness room, meeting room, pool with a jacuzzi next to it(next to the pool was a smoking area),a little cafe, laundry room, It was nice overall!restroom were cleaned and fully stocked with paper towels, toilet paper etc..

Entering the elevator, I noticed a menu for the cafe on the side ( which was pretty helpful so u can get an idea of prices and what they serve) well maintained elevator with no smelly odor. Everything was functional and smooth. No music in elevator though :(( .

After entering my room, the first thing that usually hits me is odor! It was perfect n on point. I asked for a non smoking room and that's what I got. My last hotel I asked for non smoking and as soon as I walked in, the scent came flying in my noise yuck. Anyways, going forward . Bathroom was cleaned and had the following things, 3 bath towels, 1 floor towel, 3 hand towels, blow dryer , one of those micro mirrors to see your pores/blackheads/pimples, bath bar soap, body lotion, hair shampoo/conditioning, groom kit, and something to protect your hair from getting wet ( I think, forgive my memory isn't all that great lol). Needless to say, everything u needed was in there with an exception of toothbrush, floss, toothpaste ( that is something I don't think any hotels offer but just putting it out there so u would bring your own). Walking out of the restroom u see a full Sz giant mirror door, inside it was a iron, ironing board, extra comforters I think. Turning to the right, my king Sz mattress , tv, coach, table n chair, trash, mini fridge, water bottle (for sale) , a few lamps and you'll also notice the moment u walk in the sensor lights activates to turn them on. Free wifi throughout the building I felt cozy and had everything I neededRoom rating 8/10.

The day before my check out time, I went downstairs to use the computer to find a place to eat. I'm the type who's indecisive when it comes to eating so I was on it for awhile. Lauren( front desk assistant ) walked on by and assisted me with what was around here. Places that she loves to go eat at and whatnot but it was tough because most of those places closed at 10pm and it was already 9:30pm. While helping me, she did not once forget what her main priorities were. The customers/ phone lines. As I'm still searching, I see her taking care of the newly check in's/check out people along with answering phone calls and assisting them. I was "wow'd " and impress with how well she handled everything!! If she doesn't have an answer for u, she will find a way. Great personality, positive attitude, attractive and passionate about her job with nothing but good vibes!. A woman like that is very hard to find nowadays. I'm glad I met her because she made my stay comfortable and welcomed. And not just with her, the other staffs too! ( just don't remember their names haha). Make sure u guys thank her and recognize her for her hard work she puts in!!

Hotel experience overall 9.5/10 ( didn't like how there was no microwave but I heard u could rent one) .

Stayed July 2014
Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this review, 4 days ago
It's such a pleasure to have welcomed you to our site, and we appreciate your thoughtfulness in lending us this feedback, Danny. We strive to create a relaxing experience, marked with unrivaled hospitality, and we're thrilled to have accomplished this for you so successfully. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to Lauren and the rest of the team, and we hope to share many more memories with you in your travels ahead. Please be sure to reach out to the team if there's anything we can do to make those more enjoyable!
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

With all the parking blocked off and empty that is reserved for $13.00 minimum you would think this hotel could provide a little more than the four parking spaces reserved for the handicapped.
they also tell you that they have free self parking, but charge you under other services that you have no option to decline at $16.00 per day per room.
This gets a little expensive when you book four rooms and only drive one vehicle.
on the plus side the rooms are clean, nice and roomy.

Room Tip: part of the additional charge, which does not make it free.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Many thanks for being our guest and for your time in lending us this feedback, Ed. We strive to present our guests with a comfortable visit, including cost-efficient and accessible parking. Should you experience any difficulties in attaining a preferred space, we encourage you to reach out to our team for further assistance--they'd be more than happy to assist. As for our modest hospitality fee, we do hope that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities it affords our guest, and we look forward to the prospect of welcoming you back and to showcasing even more of our evolving offerings.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I like to stay at different hotels when I travel and this is one I will be coming too in august. I have previously stayed here and must say the property is very nice. Rooms were great although could've been a little bigger for the size of our group. the hotel itself is just a nice site, the pool is clean and a good place to unwind. Conveniently located by target and a few places to eat. However, the things I don't like....a $150 security deposit being placed on my card while I'm there. I understand things happen and some guest are careless but $150? I won't break anything, our room is just for sleep lol. Not thrilled about that. Nor am I thrilled about a resort fee. But hey I'll take a $14 nightly fee over $150 of my money being tied up. The only other downside was the staff. It really is hit or miss, but that can be said anywhere. The majority of staff was good but there were a good amount that were rude. Again, this could happen anywhere and who knows maybe they were just having a bad day. Overall this property has way more pros than cons and I do look forward to my stay the first week of august. It may not be across the street from disneyland but if you want good value I recommend it. That is if you don't mind the security deposit. I'll be re-reviewing after my trip and keep you posted. Meanwhile, I give this 3.5- 4 stArs Thank you

• Stayed May 2014
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to our property, and we look forward to creating a return experience to rival your first. We apologize for those service inconsistencies of the past, and we can assure you our more customary and unrivaled hospitality when we see you in a couple weeks. Please be sure to reach out to our team directly with any thoughts, concerns, or with anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable; it would be a pleasure to assist in any way that we can. Safe travels, and we'll see you soon!

Been to Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove? Share your experiences!