The rate and proximity to Disney, plus the shuttle service, made this an okay stay. However several things made this well below other Sheratons I've stayed at.
1. The valet station was *always* unmanned. I would have to wait 5-15 minutes for someone to assist me, after going to the front desk to ask for help. Even when I had a crying baby in my arms, the front desk person had to go behind the doors 3 times to ask the valet person to hurry up and help me.
2. I chose the "going green" option at checkin. At every other Sheraton I've stayed at, this option means the sheets and towels are not changed. At this Sheraton, it means NO room service at all. So we had trash cans overflowing, no making the bed, no vacuuming the floor, etc. I'm not sure how not having someone at least make our bed contributes to "going green." The front desk did not explain this. I was also not given a choice re: points vs. $5 off coupon.
3. We ordered an on demand movie and about 10 minutes into it, it was super pixellated. So, we called the front desk and they said they would send engineering. Engineering came promptly but looked at our TV and said the issue was the TV was old and not set up for the HD movies. He offered for us to switch rooms. Since it was already 8 pm, and I had children, I declined. He said we should try to keep watching if we wanted as the pixellation would vary and may get better. He said the hotel would not charge for the movie. We watched the rest of the movie and just ignored the pixellation and finished around 9:30 and went to sleep. One hour later, the front desk called (at 10:40 pm) to tell me that we would not be charged for the movie per the engineer's instructions. Are you kidding me? You woke me and my children up to tell me this? Where is your common sense?
4. Although Starbucks coffee served in the lobby lounge, make the effort to walk to a real Starbucks. The latte drinks I ordered (two times before giving up) were very bitter and not properly made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step outside and enjoy the nearby attractions. The Sheraton Garden Grove is only 1.5 miles away from the laughs and screams at Disneyland, and the variety of shops at Downtown Disney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and BookIt.com so you can book your Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel Orange County, CA