“Over Promised and Under Delivered :(” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Seattle, Washington
“Over Promised and Under Delivered :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Its unfortunate that a hotel liked by so many have became poor at customer service, even with their top tiered, Platinum members. I prefer the top floor, bed type almost matters least.

I called the hotel about 4 hours before checking in at 8:00 PM one night in February. I was told that there's a room for me, on the top floor, with two beds. I was by myself on business and didn't mind the bed type but it is crucial to be on the top floor.

I was happy at first after the woman over the phone assured me there's a room for me.

Too good to be true.

Once showed up at the hotel, another women at front desk (possible the same one answered the phone) told me it wasn't possible. The room either wasn't assigned to me or was unavailable to begin with.

So why would someone at front desk make such a promise?

I am sitting here in my room on lovely 5th floor (instead of 7th), hearing running and footsteps above me is just "great!"

Thank you, you individually owned hotel, but carries the Sheraton name. You have managed to screwed an unsuspecting top-tiered, Platinum member again!

Room Tip: Their entire top floor is the "Club Floor." Expect to pay more. Even Starwood Platinum me...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
We appreciate the opportunity to improve. We'll conduct some further training with our team, as no complimentary upgrades are to be confirmed in advance. Per Starwood requirements we are never to confirm before check-in time. 95% of the time we are able to accommodate all of our Platinum guests with complimentary upgrades, however we can only confirm in advance those that pay a small fee in advance. All the guidelines can be found on the Starwood SPG website.
The Sheraton team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I reserved this room when visiting Disneyland. Nice, clean, comfortable room and hotel at a decent price for the area.

The shuttle was a bonus. Check in/out went smoothly. Paid parking was easy. Target was across the street, making it easy to pick up a few items for Disneyland. There were other nearby (walking distance) restuarants nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to many returns.
Best wishes,
The team at Garden Grove
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while visiting the Disneyland. The hotel is very clean and well managed. They offer you a shuttle service to DL, 3$/day. During the first day, the shuttle was 30 mins late and when I complained to the front desk after I returned from the park, they apologized for the inconvenience, refunded the shuttle fee and gave me access to the club lounge. I was very pleased with the service and customer relation. Will stay again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We send our thanks for taking the time to recommend us here. We are grateful to be in such a great location close to restaurants and shopping, while being only a short shuttle ride to the parks.
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

First time staying here I used my Starwood points and had a wonderful time. Celebrated my daughters 16th bday at Disneyland on New Years Eve. Of course it's hectic and always expect snags of some sort, but the check in was great, parking not a problem at all. The staff was some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in my travels. The shuttle fee for Disneyland was waived for all 4 of us for 3 days that's a 36.00 savings, I didn't have to ask it was just offered to me(refreshing). Nightly parking fee was 12.00 a night which is not out of line for California standards(I've paid more at other hotels) Rooms were great with very comfy bedding and beds. Very clean and the bathroom was pretty spacious, ordered room service food was delicious & still hot. Thank you to the staff again for delivering a dessert for my daughters bday to our room she was thrilled!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone top notch staff, great room and shuttle to Disneyland...our stay was pretty much perfect! Oh yes and they serve Starbucks coffee in the downstairs bar...

Stayed January 2014
We appreciate the high praise and will certainly recognize the team here. Our customer service scores have improved significantly this past year and we look to build on that in the coming year.
Very best regards,
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

GM Chris and his exception team of employees like Martha, Dennisse, and Sally just to name several are so committed to customer service.
The property is newer and well maintained.
The health club is nice.
The outside pool and spa are maintained at great temperatures.
There is a regular shuttle to Disneyland.
One suggestion is to drive 8 minutes to downtown ORANGE and see a quaint downtown with loads of antique stores, nice shopping, even an authentic Soda Shop.

If you stay at this Sheraton I think you'll be very pleased with accommodation.
It's a tad less money than hotels touch Disney or across the street.
The property has good dining on site. You can also walk next door to Cocos, Joes or Outback.
And there's even a Target across the street.
So you have wonderful options.

Again, you'll find the staff extremely nurturing. Any family would have a nice experience.
And if you're in LA and just want an escape I think you'd enjoy it too.
We went to Newport Beach. Took 20 minutes. So a nicely situated property!

Enjoy!
Mark

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall if you want quiet. Lots of families at this hotel with louder...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We're very pleased to receive such excellent comments about the hotel here, but mostly about the staff. We'll be sure to congratulate the team and look forward to more return trips!
The team at Garden Grove
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I booked this hotel as this is very close to Disneyland. Hotel is very decent, clean and has all the amenities. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Hotel offers frequent shuttle service to Disneyland at a nominal charge that makes it very convenient. Location of this hotel makes is a good choice overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We do enjoy our location, close enough to the parks, and convenient walking distance to dining and shopping.
Magna, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here while attending Disneyland. Nice, somewhat older hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Located on Harbor Blvd. about 1.5 miles from Disneyland (also on Harbor Blvd.), their shuttles were very convenient and the drivers were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the recommendation!
The Garden Grove team

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!