“Great Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Great Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

First let me say we loved staying at Sheraton. We are annual Disney pass holders and frequent the area at least twenty times per year. We are normally Marriott die hards and Platinum members. We have not been happy with Marriott lately and decided to expand our vacation stay. We decided to roll the dice and go with the Sheraton Garden Grove. We are so very happy we chose this great hotel to stay. The check in was quick and easy and all of the front desk employees were very nice and professional. We arrived at 2:30 and are rom was ready. The room was very nice with two queen beds a nice armoire. The bathroom was very nice and had all the extras to make your stay nice. There were a few problems along the way, however the staff went out of there way to correct the problems. The hot tub had a super high chlorine level and there were no towels at the tub. We informed the front desk and within five minutes there were plenty of towels. The chlorine level however made it unsafe to use for my family. We were so tired from twelve hours of Disney and we were excited to find a hotel that had the pool and hot tub available 24/7. The other problem was are card reader on are door would not work the first night. The front desk employees did the best they could, they even came upstairs to get us into the room. Overall this is a great place to stay and for my family this is a good value even with parking fee of $12. Great employees, great hotel, very comfortable beds. We will stay here again. Thank you very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear "Great Family Vacation",

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us, I will definitley share them with my Team Members. My apologies about the Chlorine levels, I will speak to my Chief Engineer ASAP regarding this area of concern.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, this is definitely one of the best amenities the Hotel has to offer. Be careful that you don't demagnetize your room key by placing your Cell Phone to close to the face of it, this does happen quite frequently unfortunately.

All is all, sounds like your Trip was a huge success & we look forward to having you back soon.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My friend and I only stayed one night (out of two), but I look forward to returning. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, allowing us early check-in and fulfilling room type request. Shuttle was quick, convenient and cheap ($3 RT). Plenty of parking, great room rate, Target across the street, close to Disney but not in the middle of chaos. Wish they offered parking discount for Annual Passholders as they are a "Good Neighbor" property, but that's more of a suggestion than a negative. Thanks again Sheraton Garden Grove!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear "Great place!",

Thank you for your kind words about my Staff & the amenities you enjoyed during your stay.

As Annual Passholders, I know we will see you again soon !!!!!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at this Sheraton from June 17-20th. The service at the front desk was friendly and efficient, however better value and amenities along with equally good accommodations are easily available elsewhere in the area. The rooms are good sized and very comfortable. Huge bathroom! No closet or hanging space however, but instead a free standing wardrobe /amoire which limits you in closet space. Difficult when not traveling alone. This property is more”resorty” and appears that it caters to business travelers more than families visiting Disney. There are extra charges for everything which are common at most other establishments in the area (despite what the management says) such as in room fridge and wifi. Items such as fridge and/or microwave are essential when traveling with young children and cost the company next to nothing to provide, yet they really stick you for the daily cost. Free wifi is available if you want to use their services in the lobby, allbeit extremely slow, however it is $10/day for wifi service in your room. Really??? That is ridiculous. No breakfast is included with your stay here as in most family oriented establishments today, particularly in the Disney area. Breakfast is available however for preferred SWG members at the “Club” and also for a price in the lobby restaurant which was less than desirable. The Donut/Pastry shop down the street was great! We stayed here ONLY because it had been pre booked and pre paid with Disney tickets through an outside travel company, otherwise we would have left after the first night. As our stay continued for four nights we learned a few other things. Housekeeping is very busy and often forgets to restock your room with clean towels and glasses. We also found a dirty Q-tip on the floor underneath the desk when we arrived…..apparently too busy for thorough vacuuming too. The shuttle to Disney was outstanding and works very hard to be accommodating. The shuttle employees were always very prompt and courteous. This establishment does not cater to families whatsoever. . It would be a great value if booked through an online booking company for a reduced price, but definitely not worth paying their “market” price. We heard great reviews on the shuttle from other families in nearby properties where we will go next time. This visit was a huge disappointment and we will not be recommending it to others nor will we be returning when in the area again. Shame on you, Sheraton!

time.

Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just returned from a 3-night stay at the Sheraton Garden Grove. Rooms were large - I was there by myself, but it would have been fine with my family for a few nights. The entire hotel was clean and well maintained. Staff was very friendly. The fitness room was not large, but adequately equipped with free weights, mats, exercise balls, plus treadmills, stationary bikes and ellipticals. I could see the pool, and it seemed a bit small.

The downsides for me were that there was no fridge in the room, at least not for an extra charge. There were computers in the lobby, but they could be slow. Also, there were some noise issues in the room. When my neighbors showered it was very loud, and they showered very early in the morning before I had to be awake, but awake I was. I could also hear them talking in their room - muffled, but I could still hear it. Also, the view. All I could see was the hotel's air conditioning units, duct work, etc. I don't know how to get around that because it has to go somewhere, and I was out all day so it really didn't matter, but it was kind of dismal.

Location - depends on what you are looking for. I thought I would walk to the convention center, but it really was longer than I expected. It is out of the center of the Disney mayhem, however, so that's nice. There's a Target across the street, which is convenient, but does not add to the view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the courtyard, where all you will see is the hotel's air condi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear "Enjoyed my stay",

Thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Garden Grove. Yes, our Hotel is fresh, clean & only 4 years old this July. We are the newest Hotel in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area & pride ourselves on maintaining the product. Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance is one of our greatest selling points, I'm glad that you enjoyed your workout sessions.

My apologies for your room placement during your stay. The next time you stay with us, please ask for a Room facing Harbor & we will gladly accomodate your request.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

It was nice to have a great room, bed, and shower after a long day at the parks. The breakfast is good also. I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear "It was great",

Thank you for your feedback, I will definitely share your comments with my Team !!!

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family go to California at least four times a year or more. This time we stayed June 20-22. Location is good, close to Disneyland, all restaurants and shops, and Vietnamese town. Room and service are just alright. Disappointed because there were no safe, mini refrigerator, and no free Wi-Fi, in the room, but the good thing is four free computers for you to use in the lobby. Might not stay here again next time if no changes in the rooms.

Dear "Not so happy customer",

My apologies for not having a Safe in your Room, but we do have Safety Deposit Boxes at the Front Desk available 24 hours per day. We also have Mini Refrigerators that can be rented for $10 per day, so sorry this was not comunicated to you upon arrival. Wi Fi is not Free unfortuntately, we do charge & are commensurate with the Market.

We look forward to having you back again soon !!!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

It's a typical Sheraton, with a decent enough location to Disneyland. Pool is okay, lobby is fine, rooms fine, has a shuttle to Disneyland, for an extra fee. Location is right across from a mall, and has some good chain restaurants close by.

I'm jaded on Sheraton's and Marriot's, tired of paying ridiculous amounts for internet, breakfast, and parking. I'm changing to hotels that don't charge extra for things that cost them next to nothing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear "Typical Sheraton",

Thank you for your kind words about the Hotel, Staff, Location & things to do in the area.

My sincere apologies for the Parking Fee, Internet Fee & Breakfast costs. We are commensurate with the market in all 3 aspects, but do understand your concerns.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rick B. Ross

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!