“Best Sheraton in the Anaheim area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Toronto
“Best Sheraton in the Anaheim area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

As a Non-Californian who travels to Anaheim once a month to use my Disneyland Annual Passport, I've had the opportunity to stay at each of the area starwood hotels.

Without question, this hotel is the best in the area.

The hotel is clean and modern, and (key for me) has working climate control in each room. The other two sheratons are older - one much older - and some rooms will have you sweating your way through the night otherwise.

The staff here are beyond wonderful. They recognize me by sight now for our monthly visit, and they have always done all they can to ensure we have a great stay. I'm SPG Platinum, and am used to exemplary treatment at the hotels I stay at, but the feel here is much more personalized, without a doubt.

Parking is strange here. The lot isn't setup very well for self-parking. When the hotel is busy, they offer a free valet however, removing the usual $12 parking fee that the other area sheratons have as well.

The hotel is less than a 5 minute drive from Disneyland. Since I have an annual pass (and parking is free), I don't use the shuttle, as the drive to the Toy Story parking lot is short, walk is usually no more than two minutes to the shuttle, and the disney lot shuttles come literally every minute or so, meaning it's a fifteen minute trip in total to get into the park via this method, which probably closely matches using the (pay) shuttle, with the added benefit of getting out far more quickly (again, since the disney shuttles are constant). I'd recommend this to anyone staying in the area.

The only issues I've had are niggly ones - our welcome amenity frequently does not arrive. I would not normally even mention this as NO other starwood hotel in the area even attempts to provide an amenity, however they usually leave a personalized note in the room telling you to expect it, so when it doesn't arrive, it's notable.

It's also a category 2 hotel, so it costs a third of the other sheratons down the road in points to stay.

Additionally, the elevators have, on more than one occasion, refused to allow a room card access to the club floor (even when I was staying on that floor), necessitating a trip back to the front desk to be told to use the other one.

These are very minor issues in an otherwise excellent hotel. I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear "Best Sheraton in the Anaheim area",

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. Yes, we are the newest Sheraton in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area & have a beautiful property !!! The Hotel is very modern & does have very cold A/C Units.

So happy to hear that you are an SPG Platinum Member & get such great recognition every time you stay with us. It's definitely one of the best Loyalty Programs in the industry, hands down. I am sorry to hear that you have not experienced our Shuttle to the Park. It is very convenient, clean & always runs on time.

Thank you for the tip regarding the Elevator. This is the 1st I've heard of this & will definitely have my Chief Engineer look into this ASAP...

Thanks again for your patronage & we look forwad to seeing you again soon !!!

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our family stayed over a busy holiday weekend, and had a great time. The room was nice and big with a large window to bring in plenty of light. The breakfast we got was good, although it was hard finding seating because of the holiday weekend.

It is very close to "The Mouse" and restaurants within walking distance.

My kids spent several hours in the pool and hot tub, although since there were a lot of people visiting I think the hot tub or pool chlorine was off because my daughters hair was a little on the green side when they were done. I think it was the hot tub since there was a lot of foam in it (never seen a hot tub like that before).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear "Nice place, good location",

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay over the Holiday Weekend. Very busy one for us, I do apologize for you not getting seating during Breakfast. Unfortunately the Club Lounge does fill up quite quickly during Sold Out Weekends....especially Holidays, so sorry.

Yes !!!!! We are very close to Disneyland & many of our Guests find the surrounding area quite appealing, great Dining options (in addition to our own Rest. & Target across the street)....makes your Vacation to Disney a breeze :)

Thank you for the tip regarding the Hot Tub & level of Chlorine, I will speak with my Chief Engineer ASAP.

We look forward to having you back once again soon.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Newer Sheraton hotel, room was very nice, better than expected. Great value and close to Disneyland.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear "Great value, better than expected",

Thank you for your kind words about our new Hotel !!!!!! Yes, only 4 years old this Summer & the Hotel looks very fresh, modern & clean. I will definitley share your comments with my entire Team & we look forward to having you back sometime soon.

Murray, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great quiet rooms, large bath, club lounge is totally worth the extra $. Can't figure out why others feel this place isn't perfect, except maybe for the parking free ($12), but all the other hotels nearby charge the same or more anyhow, so what's the big deal. Plus, people are always complaining about it being too far from the park and yet they have a car and complain about the parking fee. so take the car for hell's sake and skip the shuttle.

The beds there are my favorite. At some hotels (foam mattress's like at the Marriott's and the Hilton Garden Inn with their adjustable mattress thingies) for some reason cause me to sweat like a pig in those things. But for me the beds at the Sheraton Garden Grove are just the right amount of comfort, without going overboard with a too heavy comforter.

Tip for the day. Park out back by the pool and use your key to enter there. You're as close as you can get to the elevators without going around through the lobby.

Only complaint from me was that the printer in the lounge never seemed to be stocked with paper, so oh heaven forbid I had to use the free computers in the lobby. And my other complaint (which goes for ALL hotels) is would someone please set the room alarms to off for new check-ins?

PS. I take offense to Sakar 12 referring to me as a lonely business traveler just because I like the place.

Room Tip: You can't lose. Even the rooms facing Harbour Blvd are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Great as ever",

Your Feedback is outstanding !!!!!!! I look forward to sharing it all with my Team & definitely hope you will be back soon.

Yes, the Club Lounge is a great daily value when vacationing or on Business & our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is one of the best in the Industry.....if not the BEST !!!!!! Great tip about Parking out by the Pool & using the side Entrance, very convenient for getting to the Elevator & your room.

My apologies for the Printer being out of Paper in the Club Lounge. This is something that our Club Lounge Attendant monitors daily & apparently had some heavy usage during your stay.

Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you soon !!

Fresno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had reservation for this facility but did not stay when we found out that their pet policy is not so friendly. The nonrefundable cleaning fee is $150!!!!! Yes, $150 when the room rate is only $135 so if you are traveling with a pet, just be forewarned.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear "BEWARE PET POLICY",

Please accept my sincere apologies about the experience you had regarding our Pet Deposit
Fee. Unfortunately this is our standard as we are in a Resort area & tend to have Travelers with Pets quite often during their extended vacations. This Fee is utilized to deep clean the carpets & Bedding after departure to ensure the room is clean/clear of Pet Allergens for the next Guest.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I travel all over the country and stay in many hotels and few stand out in my mind like this one. I can ALWAYS count on a good stay here. The staff is very friendly, courteous, and attentive to my needs which makes my stay always a pleasure. In fact it's the only place I will stay in Orange County. The rooms are clean, spacious, and if you are on the concierge floor, there is a great breakfast as well. It's close to Orange County Airport, Angels Stadium, and if you are traveling, close to Disneyland, California Adventure. Just a quick shuttle bus ride down the street. If you want a great hotel at a great location, for a great price, with outstanding customer service.....THIS IS FOR YOU!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear "You've Done It Again!",

Thank you very much for your patronage, loyalty & great comments on the Hotel & my Team. I will definitely share your comments with them & look forward to having you back again the next time you are in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

my girlfriend and I arrived here on business on a Wednesday night, tired and wanting nothing but to enjoy a good night of sleep. check in was fast, no lines. Rocio and Julio were very professional. We parked and got to our room and found no surprises with cleanliness. We watched a movie, went to bed and woke up the next morning to have a great breakfast in the restaurant. it was a bit busy but the servers did their best to make sure our food came out warm and fresh. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, although next time I go I will be taking advantage of their disneyland connections (ie discounted tickets, shuttles, etc)

I commend Rick Ross, GM, on a job well done running this property

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear "one of the finest hotels in Orange County",

I am very pleased that You & your girlfriend enjoy your stay so much that you felt compelled to write about it, that truly means a lot to me & my Team. Rocio & Julio are 2 of the best Employees we have & they will be extremely happy to hear your comments.

I'm happy to hear that your Breakfast experience was pleasant as well, I will also share your comments with my F & B Team.

Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rick B. Ross

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!