“A Must Taste in Fullerton!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 315 restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: Italian
Whittier, California
“A Must Taste in Fullerton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We heard rave reviews. So we decided to try it ourselves. AWESOME ITALIAN FOOD!
The atmosphere was comfortable. The food amazing. The decor very italian. The service - we felt like royalty! Our cups never were 1/2 full. Refills were constant. The food was filling and tastey. Plenty of parking behind the establishment. We went on a Friday night right at opening. We were also the last to leave. No one rushed us to leave. We had an awesome experience!

A must taste in Fullerton!

• Visited November 2010

90% Recommend
Orange County, CA
“Spoil Yourself and the One You Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Wonderful, rich tomato sauces. Good wine list. Fun, festive decor, yet intimate. Service is terrific too. Never so much as an empty water glass. Dining here once a week is all I ask (as far as dining goes, that is.)

• Visited May 2011
Southern California
“Ambiance OK, food not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I want to like Roman Cucina because I like Italian food and wish there was better Italian in Southern California. I'm not sure how you can get Italian so wrong, but Roman Cucina has disappointed me on two visits.

On my first visit, the restaurant seemed promising. It's stylish and cozy. But, I noticed the servers didn't seem very experienced. I ordered an Italian wedding soup that didn't taste as good as anything out of a Progresso Soup can. My pasta was equally uninspired. They had just opened for business, so I decided to give them a second try about a year later.

This time I took friends. It started poorly when our waiter wobbled and spilled much of our drinks before putting them on the bare table. And the food had not improved. A couple of the dishes were actually greasy.

The location in downtown Fullerton is nice. There are many options within walking distance for cocktails before and entertainment after dinner. But for dinner, I much prefer Mulberry Street. It's more authentic, more professional and has cloth on the table.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Walnut, California
“Ambiance and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Went here for a birthday dinner. Had an excellent server named Shawn who was very attentive. The food was delicious. I had Pasta Rosa without meat. I didn't need to season with any extra salt/pepper or cheese. Everyone at the table ordered something different and loved their food. The place itself is very cool. Chandeliers, lights strung across the ceiling and a romanctic atmosphere all make it a terrific experience. I would definitely recommend this place.

Fullerton, CA
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

This place has been doing a fund-raiser for our church pre-school, so we've been there twice in two weeks. This time I had the shrimp in lemon cream sauce, and now I have a new favorite--the blending of flavors was marvelous, and I all but licked the plate! The service is attentive, and the salad and warm bread are a nice complement to the main dishes. They only take reservations for larger groups, so plan on going early. I've really been enjoying the atmosphere and would highly recommend it.