“Reall a nice place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
SF, CA
“Reall a nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

I stayed here for two nights for a friend's wedding and was really quite surprised at how nice the place was. Now this is no Four Seasons but I had a standard room for less than $120/night and it really was nicely appointed. The room was completely updated and the bed and bedding were excellent quality. I ordered room service and the prices were reasonable. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed May 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, TX and Southern Cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

Absolutely amazing...staff is accomodating and the manager is great! Great for business travellers especially. This is my most favorite hotel...and I've been to alot of really nice hotels. More of a quaint unexpected treat!

• Liked — What's not too like...rooms, staff, service...all amazing! Oh and the views of Cal State and the Pomona Mtn.
  • Disliked — The walls are little too thin...you can sometimes here your LOUD(only) neighbors
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

We visited the Fullerton Marriott as part of a group attending a local soccer tournament.

First impression: Very good location, right off the 57 freeway at Nutwood. There is construction going on, so getting into the lot was a little tricky, but there was ample parking in the lot/parking garage.

Checkin went well. There were a couple people in line ahead of us, and we waited only about 5 minutes. We were given our room, a map, and we were on our way. We got to our room and someones stuff was still in there. They obviously had not checked out. We went back downstairs and told them. They were surprised, of course, to find out that that room was still occupied. They didnt have any other rooms available with 2 beds. Would we take a 1 bed room? I said I would rather not, because I didnt think my teenager would want to sleep in the bed with me. So they offered a free roll away, which wasnt really acceptable either, but if thats all they had, then ok. She then offered to give us free dinner and free breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Ok, we'll take it.

New room was fine. It was on the 5th floor and had a nice view of the entry area of the hotel/the freeway/ and faraway city. The room was decorated nicely, with dark woods and a pretty bed. They had a nice down style comforter & lots of pillows. There was a nice desk, with its own lamp. A chair & ottoman, and the unit with the tv & drawers. The bathroom was a typical hotel bathroom. Tub/toilet/sink all in one room.

We did not use the pool, but there was a nice large area, with plenty of chairs. The pool looked nice.

We did eat at the restaurant for our free dinner & breakfast. They had a pasta buffet (probably for all the soccer teams staying there). It was fine. Nothing special. A few different pastas, a salad, some bread. Breakfast they had a typical breakfast, eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, bagels. It was nice.

The hotel was well taken care of, and clean, and every person that worked there, that we dealt with was very professional and helpful. I'd stay there again if we were in the area. It's only about 10 min from Disneyland, so probably a good choice for someone visiting Disney but wanting to be away from the chaos.

• Liked — Location was ideal & Room was clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — NO complaints
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2006

On a family trip to Disneyland I was able to Priceline the Marriott, Fullerton.
+++ Conveinient hotel near many freeways.
+++ Free Parking
+++ Beautiful Decor
+++ Most comfy plush beds and bedding ever. My husband and I had the best sleep ever...it was like you were home.
+++ Friendly and informative staff.
++ Not as close to Disneyland than preferred but still an excellent stay for the value. (About 7 miles from the mouse. Front desk has preprinted maps available to the park, dining and banks)

• Stayed December 2005
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2005

Had a one-night business trip stay in mid December 2005. The hotel is just off the freeway and has free parking.

Had a nice room that was recently renovated. Everything was redone with the exception of the shower/tub. My room faced away from the freeway and was very quiet. My only complaint was the stale smoke odor from previous occupants. It was noticeable but tolerable.

The buffet breakfast was good and is typical of what I have encountered at other full service Marriotts. Lots of business travelers during my stay. Seemed like an upscale crowd.

They have a good sized outdoor swimming pool and a jacuzzi. I usually stay in the Anaheim area but will consider this location for future stays. The key is to try to dodge the peak commute times (which can be a challenge).

One of my better business trip stays all year. Give this one a try.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

My sister and I stayed at this Marriot during the last weekend in October 2005. It was accessible to the freeway. The room amentities were above average, with updated, modern decor and confortable beds. Service was good, even granting a late check out on our last day.

There are two restaurants across the street, one Indian and one sports bar. We ate at the Indian restaurant, Taal, and had an excellent meal and service.

The Brea Mall is just a few miles away via the freeway. This hotel was an excellent choice for our stay and recommend it to anyone who will be visiting the Fullerton campus or area.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

Really good deal at this hotel for the room price. Clean,newer furniture and comfortable bed. Although it was supposed to be non-smoking I could start smelling the smoke an hour or so after I got to the room and ran the air.

Resturant was ok- a little slow on a slow night.

Parking is good and you can drive to a good mall in a few minutes that has some resturants (Cheesecake Factory, etc)

I would say a good value for the price and a very low key hotel.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!