“A favorite "retreat" for me” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
La Habra
“A favorite "retreat" for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay at this Marriott which is near my home when I'm "on retreat". (I'm a mother of four and sometimes need a break!) Sometimes my husband and I also stay here when we have a "date weekend" together. I have always been very happy with the staff, service, and rooms. My one complaint is that the upper windows tend to look out over the a/c units on the roof, but it is southern california and crowded, so that probably isn't really something they can fix. My rooms have always been very clean, the maids are accommodating and do a great job, and I always enjoy my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Rented 2 rooms with family in July 2012. Building a little dated but rooms / beds were very good. The property had an okay pool. The property is south east of Los Angeles so great to use as a base to access attractions in this area (Disney World, Manhattan Beach, Long Beach...). What I really liked is that it is a full Marriott property at discount hotel price (priced like 2 or 3 star property in the area but more it is a 4 star property)... So, good value...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked online and found a great deal on this hotel. We were given a corner room which was larger than the norm. Close to freeway so short drive to Disneyland, Knott's, etc. Great location if you are visiting someone at the college that is across the street. Had a housekeeping problem (no coffee for two days, no clean glasses) but contacted Front Desk and it was rectified. We had two beds but they were more full size than queen size. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable for a family of three.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and remember the two beds are more full size than queen size.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

When I checked in I was at the Elite Check in line and there were two people behind the front desk. One was helping someone to review a discrepancy on the bill and the other was giving directions. Then the people were gone. I was there alone and the attendants then were attending to phone calls. It took 15 minutes literally for me to check in. The room was clean and attended to daily. The food in the Concierge Lounge was average but the people attending the lounge were exceptional. The day I checked out the people behind the desk were very courteous. The only other problem I experienced there was the TV didn't work well

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Could not echo more from the last comment. I am writing this review from my room at Fullerton Marriott.

- Staffs do their jobs at minimum barebone, but no customer care. I was told that the lounge is closed during the weekend and no other remedies (breakfast voucher) will be provided. I called up from my room to see if I can have a bottle of water in lieu of what I should have grabbed from the lounge. I was told by frontdesk to come down and get one. Why didn't he just offer one when he told me about this situation at check in???
- Internet connection is extremely slow and will be up and down every minute. I am currently using the guest connection from CSU. What a shame to the hotel!
- A/C is so loud and has a wide swing of temperature.

This hotel experience will reflect my spend at any Marriott in the future. Good thing that this is only one night stay.. for this matter, I am going to run away from this property and will never come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
laxfl, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to voice your very relevant and sincere concerns.
I completely understand your heartfelt disappointment and as I mentioned in our e-mail exchange, I do wish that this was escalated to me immediately so I could have resolved this allowing you and your family to enjoy your stay with us. As a full service Marriott Hotel we are required to follow brand standards as this is the directive given to us by Marriott corporate and currently the brand standard is to offer complimentary continental breakfast during scheduled concierge lounge hours Monday thru Friday only. I do understand that there are hotels that violate this standard which causes inconsistencies in guest expectations. My apologies for the inconsistencies you have experienced.
Rest assured I have reviewed your comments with the entire team to assure that everyone completely understands our policies and how to go about making exceptions when they are warranted.

General Manger
Bridgewater, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

it was one of the most disappointing stays that I have had in a Marriott. Here are just a few of the items that were subpar:

- The air conditioning unit was extremely loud and either too hot or too cold - I ended up switching it off completely
- The wi-fi internet was extremely slow in the rooms - making work online almost impossible (it was better in the meeting room downstairs)
- I had to pay just at the kiosk just to have 6 pages printed
- The sauna did not have a water bucket, so i had to use a cup of water and get in and out of hte sauna to keep it going
- Finally, I think it states on my loyalty program profile that I prefer rooms far away from the elevator. I ended up in 323, literally across from the elevator. So the location could not be worse.

In the current state, I doubt whether I will use that property again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear gentle person,
I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. Our A/C units occasionally have programming issues requiring that the card inside be reset. This is one of the issues we have seen by going green as the A/C units were designed first and then adapted to be green. It only takes our engineering team a couple minutes to reset the card once notified of the problem.
Our internet has been experiencing several black spots that are ghosting in and out in several rooms creating some connectivity problems. We are working to resolve this issue and hope to have this fixed shortly.
Marriott reservations and rewards profile’s only allow guests to request a room near an elevator not away from an elevator. I wish you had mentioned this to the team after you arrived to your room as they are very good at responding to guest request in a timely and effective manner and should have been able to move you to another location.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced and thank you for letting me know about your stay.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I am a loyal customer of the Marriott, I often travel for business and pleasure and have been staying with your hotel for years.
My family and I were planning for a relaxing weekend at the Marriott. We made reservations in advance, planning for a weekend of fun and relaxation. Upon on arrival, we were denied our room for the weekend and learned that our reservation was given up. With no apologies, Due to the change in location, we were unable to attend several of events for which we planned our visit. This resulted in changes to our vacation agenda and compromising comfort.

Stay away from this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
laxfl, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Gentle Person,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
I appreciate your candor. I see that you never actually stayed at our property being turned away due to a reservation error. I understand how frustrating that could be and offer you my sincere apology for the inconvenience. I would respectfully ask the Trip Advisor users to look at the pages of positive reviews that have been given to our location.
Thank you again for providing us with your feedback, allowing us the opportunity to learn and grow as hospitality professionals and assure this hotel remains one of the best Marriott Hotels in the country.

Brian Murphy

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!