“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I moved my daughter in her dorm and i wanted a place to stay close by so i could be there for her the next day, she ended up staying with me because her roomate had not moved in yet so we had a great stay the bed was super comfortable we ordered room service and it was from the fit menu it was delicious and the staff was super friendly will be planning on visiting my baby girl often so i will definitly stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Marriott was pretty good however Ha' Penny Pub employee's where rude to my child and myself. Our hockey team was staying over labor day weekend and on the first morning at the breakfeast two other kids joined us at our table and the one next to it. Our server told the children they where not allowed to sit at that table as it was not to be used and the child should go back to his seat. Then she changed the bill from 7.xx to 10.x for my sons breakfast buffet after already giving me the bill for 7xx and she was kind of cranky. That night after returning from a hockey game we where told we could not sit at the middle table as it was reserved and the next table we tried to sit was reservered too.... at this point I said this was BS I would no longer be eating at the Ha' Penny Pub. You have lost my business forever and we went to McCormick & Schmick's to have a nice steak and seafood dinner. I would have preferred to stay in the pub with the rest of the team and have a cheaper dinner with more beer but the customer service and attitude in the pub was horrible.
I should mention a gentlemen with a mustache that was working Sunday afternoon found a way to server us nachos at the pool even though it was not on the menu and that was a pleasant surprise. However do not go to the Pub as the entire staff minus Mr Mustache need to understand customers are paying the bill and not to be rude!
I gave the hotel average an rating as the pub experience would cause me to never stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not go to the pub.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
laxfl, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear jschuepb,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. I appreciate the feedback as this is a valuable tool that myself and the team use to help discover our service failures and operational challenges and fix them so they don’t recur.
I am glad that Tany was able to wow you over at the pool with his famous nachos. He is the “Mr. Mustache” you referred to and truly exemplifies Marriott’s spirit to serve.
I have shared your breakfast and evening experience with the restaurant and lounge team and I am personally working with them to bring their service levels up to standards.
Please accept my sincere apology and thank you for staying with us.

Brian Murphy
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is located 10 minutes from Disneyland and at half the price of the Anaheim hotels. It is also located near the Nixon Museum. The front desk staff were among the nicest people I met during my vacation thru California. Any question was answered and always to my satisfaction. The room is both clean and nicely furnished. The hotel is located next to the Cal State campus, so their is a large variety of restaurants and stores if you need anything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hotel was just okay, it's right next door to Cal State Fullerton, which is super convenient if you need to go there. Furnishings are starting to look like they could use a refresh in the room. Room service was EXCELLENT though. Vending machine on 3rd floor not working and when I went to the hotel store to get a bottle of water and told them it was broken I had to pay the store price which was more than the vending machine price (kind of lame).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
laxfl, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear valued guest,
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Fullerton Marriott. I will share your room service praises with the team as they really do go the extra mile assuring all of our guests are well taken care of. My apologies for the vending machine problem. This is a great learning moment for the front desk team as they should have just matched the vending machine price for you. Please accept my sincere apologies for this mis-step. Also, we are coming up on a refresh of our rooms and in the interim we are conducting intense professional deep cleans of our rooms.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Brian Murphy
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Outstanding hotel within walking distance of Cal State Fullerton. Easy access from 57 Freeway. Nice concierge lounge, nicely appointed fitness center. Good places to eat within walking distance. Easy drive to Angels Stadium. We will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at most of the hotels in this area for work and this is my second favorite. Rooms were clean, service was good, but nothing was very impressive. For the price, there are other hotels in the area that go the extra mile. I do however use this hotel when booking rooms for my company employees. I like that the brand is well known and my employees are comfortable and know what to expect.

• Stayed November 2011
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Spent one night on business at this hotel.

Very easy to access hotel; right at the entrance/exit ramp of CA-57. Parking at the hotel is free; parking lot and a parking garage available for parking.

Room was comfortable and good sized. King sized bed, flat screen TV, work desk and comfortable desk chair. Bathroom contained toilet and shower while sink with good-sized counter was outside. Bed was comfortable and made for a good night's sleep. Though close to the highway, it was very quiet and did not hear any road noise in the room. Everything was is good working order and room was clean.

For food, the hotel has a very large restaurant in the lobby; room service is also available. Across the street there were a few options to eat at that would not require one to get back in the car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!