“Good price for New Year's Eve” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 South Raymond Ave., Fullerton, CA 92831 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Fullerton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Fullerton
Sherman Oaks, Ca
“Good price for New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is about 4 miles from Disneyland, but they have intermittent shuttle service to and from Disneyland. Or you can take a short cab ride. We just wanted to stay in the area on New Year's Eve after a day of Disneyland. Nice updated rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, internet connection was pretty slow. Our heater didn't work in our room. I realized that it didn't work at a pretty late hour, I called down to the desk, and within 2 minutes maintenance was knocking on my door. They had it working within 5 minutes. They also told us if there were any more problems, they could give us a portable heater for the night & repair ours the next morning. It wasn't necessary, but it was reassuring.
We had the breakfast buffet the first day, but couldn't seem to drag the kids out of bed early enough to go any other day during our stay. The breakfast buffet was pretty decent.
This hotel seems like it is near nothing, but actually if you go a mile in either direction you can find pretty much everything you need.
We arrived during an extremely busy time, there were weddings going on, several tour groups were there, and tempers were hot. The staff seemed to maintian their cool, and eventually people were satisfied. The shuttle bus was a pleasant bonus, since it is offered at no charge. The cleaning staff were very helpful while we stayed there.

The only negative thing I have to say is-my sister forgot to empty one drawer when we checked out. When I called, I was transferred to lost & found. I left my number & never heard back. I waited 4 hours before I called back. I spoke to someone at the front desk, explained that I already called, and I received no response. They took my info, and it has been another 4 hours with no response. Not exactly a great way to end my stay. Would I stay again? Probably not after this response.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel isn't across the street from Disneyland, but it's about a 15 minute drive away, so it's still reasonably close. It was quite large with a central courtyard, and the rooms were spacious and well kept. The surrounding area didn't seem to have a whole lot, but it's also close to the highway so easily accessible.

My favorite part was the buffet breakfast. Usually, when I think of a buffet breakfast, there is a lot of food so the quality isn't all that great. However, at this hotel, there weren't as many choices, but I thought that all of the things that they served were actually pretty darn good. I actually kind of wanted to go back just to eat the food there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mundelein
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This rating is more of a reflection of the IHG brand rather than this individual hotel, however i did experience an unpleasant stay at the Crowne Plaza Fullerton. I was traveling for business and since I am a Priority Club member I chose the Crowne Plaza in Fullerton for my stay.

It was approximately 3:00AM and the fire alarm began to sound. After a couple of minutes and the alarm still going, i decided to evacuate my room. I proceeded to exit the building and after about 15 minutes we were advised of it being a false alarm and could return to our rooms. At this point i am pretty much awake but do my best to fall back asleep. I couldnt have been asleep for more than 30 minutes and what do you know the fire alarm begins to go back off! I complained the next morning to an employee on duty and they were very appologetic but were unwilling to compensate me in any way for all of the inconveniences and poor sleep.

I decided i would address the issue with corporate after my trip and figured surely they would provide some sort of customer support to their loyal Priority Club members. I wrote an email explaining the situation and never received even a reply. I then proceeded to send 2 follow emails both of which i have yet to receive any sort of response or acknowledgment of the situation. I have got to say this has got to be one of the worst experiences i have EVER had with customer service. To be completely ignored which i find to be blatantly disrespectful and is why i decided to write this review and make my experience public. I will certainly be exploring other options for my future business endeavors.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear ryan c,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My husbands friends were all looking for a hotel room in Anaheim since we were attending the Marine Corps Ball at Disneyland and they all split up and chose several different hotels. We stayed at this hotel rather than paying $50 more for a hotel 3 miles away. I gotta say when I pulled up I was not expecting it to look so sad looking but when we git inside and saw our room we were very impressed. It did in fact look like the website. We got a King non smoking room with breakfast included. The room was so clean and smelled great. The sheets were perfectly white and the bathroom was impressive too. Attention to detail definitely came to mind. We even ordered room service, the food... oh my goodness.. was better than most restaurants. We ordered a bottle of wine and it came with a beautiful set out flowers. I was so happy with everything and so was my husband. I would have stayed the night again just out of pure comfort but we have to return to reality. The only down fall I saw while I was there was the restaurant down stairs called RED. My husnand and I saw a married couple walk in with two children ages 1 and 3. They askes for a high chair and the lady said they didnt have any. I felt so bad for them they didnt enjoy their meals because they kept having to sit the children in the extra large adult seats. So if you have kids and are eating breakfast at the hotel be prepared. All in all the hotel itself.. 2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel was good value for the money. The beds were awesome. Rooms were a good size and were clean with all the necessary amenities. Property area seemed a bit unkept, but it was the week-end. Just a note to Disneyland travellers....the shuttle goes to the park at 9:00AM and comes back at 10:00PM. The drive to the park is about 20 minutes and parking is $15 per day. The drive can be a bit confusing after dark.

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the freeway towards the middle or courtyard area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cplaxfr, Manager at The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Altagold,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Fullerton, we appreciate your feedback and will work harder to improve the public areas more frequently. We hope you will think of us the next time you stay in Fullerton.

Management
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I got married in Fullerton and had a block of rooms reserved at the Crowne Plaza Fullerton for our wedding guests, as well as the bridal party. The sales manager Silvia was very easy to work with and extremely accommodating. The hotel is very nice, clean, and well-appointed with a beautiful courtyard that features a gazebo and pool/hot tub. There's also a bar/grill that we kept open late for a post-wedding place to gather. We hosted a Sunday brunch in one of the hotel's ballrooms -- a really nicely set-up buffet with breakfast, juice, coffee, etc. The staff of the hotel was very helpful and friendly, and they even arranged a free shuttle to and from our wedding venue. The only drawback of this place is that it's right beside the freeway, so there's quite a bit of noise when you're outside. But inside it's quiet and lovely. A great place to stay if you find yourself in Fullerton.

Room Tip: Request a room in facing away from the freeway for less noise and a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amy R,

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and your wedding party. We are thrilled to hear that our staff was helpful to you before and during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you and your husband all the best!

Management

Been to The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!