“Nice hotel close to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center

You added The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 South Raymond Ave., Fullerton, CA 92831 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Fullerton)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off with breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Fullerton
San Francisco
“Nice hotel close to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel isn't across the street from Disneyland, but it's about a 15 minute drive away, so it's still reasonably close. It was quite large with a central courtyard, and the rooms were spacious and well kept. The surrounding area didn't seem to have a whole lot, but it's also close to the highway so easily accessible.

My favorite part was the buffet breakfast. Usually, when I think of a buffet breakfast, there is a lot of food so the quality isn't all that great. However, at this hotel, there weren't as many choices, but I thought that all of the things that they served were actually pretty darn good. I actually kind of wanted to go back just to eat the food there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
mundelein
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This rating is more of a reflection of the IHG brand rather than this individual hotel, however i did experience an unpleasant stay at the Crowne Plaza Fullerton. I was traveling for business and since I am a Priority Club member I chose the Crowne Plaza in Fullerton for my stay.

It was approximately 3:00AM and the fire alarm began to sound. After a couple of minutes and the alarm still going, i decided to evacuate my room. I proceeded to exit the building and after about 15 minutes we were advised of it being a false alarm and could return to our rooms. At this point i am pretty much awake but do my best to fall back asleep. I couldnt have been asleep for more than 30 minutes and what do you know the fire alarm begins to go back off! I complained the next morning to an employee on duty and they were very appologetic but were unwilling to compensate me in any way for all of the inconveniences and poor sleep.

I decided i would address the issue with corporate after my trip and figured surely they would provide some sort of customer support to their loyal Priority Club members. I wrote an email explaining the situation and never received even a reply. I then proceeded to send 2 follow emails both of which i have yet to receive any sort of response or acknowledgment of the situation. I have got to say this has got to be one of the worst experiences i have EVER had with customer service. To be completely ignored which i find to be blatantly disrespectful and is why i decided to write this review and make my experience public. I will certainly be exploring other options for my future business endeavors.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear ryan c,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My husbands friends were all looking for a hotel room in Anaheim since we were attending the Marine Corps Ball at Disneyland and they all split up and chose several different hotels. We stayed at this hotel rather than paying $50 more for a hotel 3 miles away. I gotta say when I pulled up I was not expecting it to look so sad looking but when we git inside and saw our room we were very impressed. It did in fact look like the website. We got a King non smoking room with breakfast included. The room was so clean and smelled great. The sheets were perfectly white and the bathroom was impressive too. Attention to detail definitely came to mind. We even ordered room service, the food... oh my goodness.. was better than most restaurants. We ordered a bottle of wine and it came with a beautiful set out flowers. I was so happy with everything and so was my husband. I would have stayed the night again just out of pure comfort but we have to return to reality. The only down fall I saw while I was there was the restaurant down stairs called RED. My husnand and I saw a married couple walk in with two children ages 1 and 3. They askes for a high chair and the lady said they didnt have any. I felt so bad for them they didnt enjoy their meals because they kept having to sit the children in the extra large adult seats. So if you have kids and are eating breakfast at the hotel be prepared. All in all the hotel itself.. 2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel was good value for the money. The beds were awesome. Rooms were a good size and were clean with all the necessary amenities. Property area seemed a bit unkept, but it was the week-end. Just a note to Disneyland travellers....the shuttle goes to the park at 9:00AM and comes back at 10:00PM. The drive to the park is about 20 minutes and parking is $15 per day. The drive can be a bit confusing after dark.

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the freeway towards the middle or courtyard area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cplaxfr, Manager at The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Altagold,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Fullerton, we appreciate your feedback and will work harder to improve the public areas more frequently. We hope you will think of us the next time you stay in Fullerton.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I got married in Fullerton and had a block of rooms reserved at the Crowne Plaza Fullerton for our wedding guests, as well as the bridal party. The sales manager Silvia was very easy to work with and extremely accommodating. The hotel is very nice, clean, and well-appointed with a beautiful courtyard that features a gazebo and pool/hot tub. There's also a bar/grill that we kept open late for a post-wedding place to gather. We hosted a Sunday brunch in one of the hotel's ballrooms -- a really nicely set-up buffet with breakfast, juice, coffee, etc. The staff of the hotel was very helpful and friendly, and they even arranged a free shuttle to and from our wedding venue. The only drawback of this place is that it's right beside the freeway, so there's quite a bit of noise when you're outside. But inside it's quiet and lovely. A great place to stay if you find yourself in Fullerton.

Room Tip: Request a room in facing away from the freeway for less noise and a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amy R,

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and your wedding party. We are thrilled to hear that our staff was helpful to you before and during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you and your husband all the best!

Timisoara, Timis, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just checked in tonight and i was Amazed by their services. There was this guy, Adam Agualar i think that helped us from the start. He helped with our luggage, then we talked and joked and felt awesome while we checked in, then he helped us with information about internet, where to eat cheap and good in the morning, he arranged our shuttle for the airport...he personally came with us to our room and helped us to get there faster. I mean, he is awesome, like an angel to us. Sometimes a single person can totally make your day, and he did ours!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosiwtha M,

We are so happy to hear that our staff member Adam was such a help to you during your stay. It is one of our greatest joys as customer service professionals to know we have exceeded our guest's expectations.

Bloomington, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed one night for an event being held in the ballroom. Check in time was 3 pm; the room was not ready at 3 pm. They sent us to a "Guest Lobby" with a TV to wait. They had coffee, and water but only 3 cups. There was no sugar or no creamer and no attendant. When the room was finally ready, the first thing I notice, upon walking in, was the awful chemical odor from the cleaning solutions used to clean the room. It was reminiscent of the $29.99 rooms on the truck routes in the remote areas of the country. I coughed when I entered the room and the whole night. The bathtub had mold in the corners, and the tile on the floor under the sink was white, but where you walked was black. The carpet had gum in it. The pool plaster or paint was flacking off and the spa water was cloudy. Just didn’t look healthy. The Internet was expensive, and by the way, I do not believe in paying a fee to access. I did not need to spend a lot of time; just check in, so instead of having dinner at the hotel, I went to the Denny's on Harbor and they had free Internet.
The event was nice, but there was no water on the tables. There were two cash bars, and if you wanted water, you had to buy a bottle. This is unacceptable when people are drinking liquor. Water needs to be readily available and free! Since I had to walk all the way back to my room to get water, I just made the drinks there and bypassed buying drinks. Had they had water, I would have purchased my drinks from the bar. You have lost any of my future business along with the two sales, time 3 people, and just because of trivial charges for services. In talking with others in the party, I discovered they thought and did pretty much the same thing. There were no free breakfasts, and for the cost of the room, that should have been included. I received better services and better room rates at the Holiday Inn Express. You get a free happy hour and a free buffet breakfast, which was actually better than the one at the Crowne Plaza. To summarize; it is two star hotel with a 4 star price.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cplaxfr, Manager at The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear IJustLovie2travel,
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not fully fit your needs. We will be reviewing your input at our next staff meeting in order to better improve our services to our guests. If you are traveling to the Fullerton area again we would love another chance to show you how dedicated we are to servicing our guests. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the manager on duty so that we may personally handle your next visit.

Crowne Plaza Fullerton

Been to The Hotel Fullerton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!