“Pleasant, relaxing, and lovely view” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Summit House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 320 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State College
Amarillo, Texas
“Pleasant, relaxing, and lovely view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went here with family for a child-free evening of elegant dining. We can not say enough about the quality of the bar, the quality and presentation of the meal, and the atmosphere.
Though it is pricey, the experience and food are worth it. Great place for special occasions; there was a wedding reception in a neighboring hall, but the noise didn't disturb our room or experience. The only thing somewhat detracting from our full enjoyment: the waiter. While efficient, careful, and attentive, he didn't seem as knowledgeable of the drink selections as one would expect and minimized a dietary concern we asked about. Cavalier attitude.
In all, the atmosphere and quality of the food makes this a memorable establishment.

• Visited November 2012

“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a gift certificate for this place, so Wifey and I had celebrated an anniversary dinner here. The view, amazing. The setting, amazing. The service, amazing. And the prime rib I ordered, AMAZING! Bone and everything. I can't remember what my wife had ordered exactly, but I do know she was full and happy also. They knew it was our anniversary and had brought out pieces of cake with a candle to celebrate. The service was over the top and never had to ask for a refill of water or coffee. Very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu, source of ingredients and main dishes as well as how it is prepared. I love a steak with fresh ground horseradish as opposed to that creamed horseradish. Large portion meals that let me take home the leftovers to relish in later that evening.

• Visited June 2012
Rowland hts
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Attended a wedding. It was very festive and the service was great.It is aquit place when you want it to be. Romantic setting and elegant.

San Diego
“Grandmother's 90th Birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My grandmother's 90th birthday celebration was held at the Summit House Restaurant this October. The restaurant was very accommodating for this special occasion. We had a group of around 18 people and actually had a hard time finding a restaurant that would set us in a decent spot of the restaurant. Most restaurants wanted to place us in an ugly banquet room but not the Summit house. We were seated in the main dining room where there was a beautiful view and a beautiful fireplace. There was a pianist playing soothing music and the lighting was just right. The restaurant is on a hill and the restaurant has a huge window in the dining room for their guests to look out and appreciate the view. The manager was very kind as he took our reservation and made sure to wish my grandmother a happy birthday which made her feel very special. The waiters and waitresses did a phenomenal job. They all made sure we were taken care of. The food me and my husband ordered was just a little above average. We have had better food at other restaurants. All of our family members thought the food they ordered was just phenomenal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fullerton, CA
“Wonderful View, Exceptional Service, Cozy Atmosphere and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really don't get to the Summit House as often as I should! The first time I was there was for a Corporate Christmas Party in one of the private rooms and was so impressed by the food and ambiance. I came back just to meet friends in the bar, a cozy little room with a piano player and the most delightful roast beef sliders, now that's a happy hour snack. The food in the main dining room is excellent, my friend had a salmon in puff pastry and I the prime rib. Exceptional.
For some reason I forget that citadel of fine dining atop the hill at Bastanchury and State College and end up settling for some mediocre, raucous selection in downtown. Prime rib Wednesday is $24.95 and you won't pay less for this quality in DTF!

• Visited April 2012