“This hotel needs to be cleaned up” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center

You added Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 West Houston Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Fullerton
SANTA CRUZ
“This hotel needs to be cleaned up”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My co-worker's first room smelled funny when he walked in. He asked me to come in and take a look - there was a 3" (at least) dead cockroach on the floor below the window. We moved from the 2nd fl to the 5th floor and didn't see anymore cockroaches.
The breakfast sould include yogurt or fruit. White bread only for toast - really? How about some wholewheat or english muffins.
The hallways & elevator floors are old carpeting and the woodwork is worn out looking. The gate that requires a room card to open downstairs doesn't work - you just push it open.
One of my hand towels had 3 large holes in it, perhaps it was a rag that got mistaken in the laundry room?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about the cockroach in your room. Our pest control company is Isotech which have been featured on the Verminator reality show.

They must've ran out of Wheat bread. We currently don't provide English muffins and yogurt due to their increased cost. The fruit must've ran out as well because we usually provide that as well. Pictures of our current breakfast can be found on our main website.

Hand towels should not have holes in them, and we can always get them replaced! Whichever housekeeper put those in should be reprimanded!

I'll try and find your reservation information to make sure issues that you experienced aren't repeated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Howard Johnson hotel in Fullerton for 15 days, from 26 October to 10 November because I was visiting Disneyland for a 14 days vacation.

I found this hotel ok in general. My room was in the tower on Fifth floor Room 565 and it was reasonably clean with a comfortable King bed. The bathroom was very clean with clean towels and there is hot water when I took my shower. The house keeping lady asked me if I wanted my sheets and pillow cases changed each time when they come to service my room.

The air condition can keep the room very cool but it does make quite a loud noise at night. The tv is old and therefore of very poor quality to watch.

Wifi from my room is very good and it's free or included.

Breakfast was the same everyday, but it was free or included and a very convenient way to get a meal in the morning. I will say that the breakfast is ok. I normally take some potatoes and sausages, plus pancakes and orange juice.

The free shuttle bus to Disneyland is the reason why I chose to stay in this hotel. It is a very convenient way of getting to Disneyland in the morning or evening for a few hours. I can go at 8am and come back at 11.15am in the morning and again go at 5pm and come back at 9.15pm at night, giving myself a good rest in the afternoon.

I have found my stay at this hotel satisfactory and I've stayed for more than 2 weeks.

Carina from Perth, Australia.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review!
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its location and the easy access to parks. We had a great stay and very happy with the services we received. The registration was super fast and a special thanks goes to Sean at the Front Office who is very friendly and always greeted us with a hearty smile and went out of his way to make us feel at home. Must say we were pleasantly surprised as we didn’t expect this service. Our stay was indeed worth for the price we paid and the rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast came free but it was bad and needs improvement ASAP. However we will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to all our family and friends.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I'll be forwarding your review to the employee.

Our breakfast pictures can be found on our main website that includes eggs, sausages, fruit, and toast in a buffet style.
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the transition of our move. For the price we paid, since this wasn't a vacation but a temporary accommodation, we were satisfied. Our requests for extra towels and coffee were brought promptly. The staff were always friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review! I hope your move was a smooth one.
Antioch, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice hotel with heated pool. Nice cleaning staff my room was spotless with fresh towels daily. Hot breakfast was good .I was sick during my trip so I only are breakfast on my last day. Beds were comfy cause I slept like a baby. Thanks Howard Johnson for a nice stay :-) !!!

• Stayed October 2012
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Video Review Response posted on our main website under the reviews section.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!