“Great location but customer service is awful!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center

You added Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 West Houston Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fullerton
“Great location but customer service is awful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel location and price was very good. The front desk staff is not the most helpful. I had several issues with my room keys. The staff did not seem to care about guests' complaints. I would not recommend this hotel based on the poor customer service!

• Stayed October 2012
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your review! I have posted a video response on our main website under the "Reviews" section.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Howard Johnson in Fullerton. I had read lots of reviews abt how great this hotel was, but I was very disappointed and I will never stay here again. Our first room had carpet stains something on the bottom of the curtains not sure if it was throw up or powder. The sheets had come off one side of thetown bed and there was a huge stain, kinda looked like blood. I have 3 little ones and I did not want them staying in these conditions . The next day I asked for a different room, the next one smelled like smoke and it was a non smoking room. He finally went a head and put us in the newer rooms, called the tower (this is the building they show in their pictures to advertise). This room was much better and cleaner and no smells. The next day leaving Disneyland we had waited about 45 min for the shuttle, finally I called to find out the shuttle had been in an accident and they wont be picking anyone up for abt another hour. Having 3 little ones tired, this was not going to work. They have 2 shuttles, they could have sent the other one to stay on schedule. Also they don't have a jacuzzi, and their free breakfast was not good! I was not happy with this hotel at all! I stayed here for the price, but never again will I do that again.

• Stayed October 2012
Sioux Falls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Reservation was last minute while driving from San Diego. Price was right. Staff was friendly and prompt. Hotel generally has no bar but a wedding was being held there and bar was opened for it so we were able to enjoy a glass of wine. Hotel needs major facelift. Room was clean. Breakfast was bad. Tasteless.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights .

The rooms were OK for the price, I guess but the resturant was really bad. It has no menu, only 4 or 5 choice which were either stirred fried chicken or beef for dinner.
Then all of a sudden, the resturant closed for business on the night our family came back late from Disneyland and we thought we could tolerate a meal at the place. Lucky it was opened up again the next morning for breakfast.

Talking about breakfast, not to mention it only had limited choices but there was no milk for the coffee . They let us use coffee creamer .

However, the staff there were friendly .

BTW, apart from the bad points, there are good points as well . I'd like to mention that staff at receptionist counter were nice and helpful and also the the hotel has 4 washing machines and dryers available which made life a bit easier

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CLIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We needed a place to stay near our daughter's place for a few days. This was the closest. The room itself needed upgrades: sheer curtain had a huge hole; bathroom faucet leaked, air condition/heat unit noisy; old tv. Housekeeping: needed better vaccuming...ran out of tissues, not enough towels

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Templeton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived with a large group for a trip to Knotts Berry Farm......courteous check in and our rooms were all as we had requested, including 2 handicap rooms.....which was great as 1/2 of the times we request these kinds of rooms, we don't get them....there were no refrigerators in the rooms, you could request one for an additional $10 though....fair enough I guess. No microwave either, but there was one available to use down by the front desk...This hotel was nothing fancy but comfortable and fairly clean...it served its purpose....pool area was awesome, nice cabana's to use for free.....nice gift shop that our group spent much time in:)....there was also a breakfast bar available that was "ok", nothing fancy, but good.....it does cost extra though....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel. I would not stay again. I was in town on business and the people who brought me to Fullerton recommended the place. I have been back to Fullerton since and stayed at other, much better properties, for about $10.00 more per night, which I feel was worth the additional expense. If you are on a tight budget and can’t afford other options, than I think this place will work – it is okay, but strange.

The room was clean, but bare and the furniture / finishes were very basic. Getting to the room from the front desk is a bit of a maze. I believe the hotel caters to tour groups from Asia, which I think accounts for some of the strangeness of the property (to an American). I found the hotel décor in the lobby to be over top and rather tacky when you compare it to the hotel rooms. I also felt the location of the hotel itself a bit of a challenge – it is tucked behind a small strip mall. The pool looked great! I did eat breakfast at the buffet. The food was fine but the seating was not comfortable.

Nothing bad transpired during my visit, I just felt out of place and I know there are other options that I find more comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!