“A Good place to base your Disney trip from” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 West Houston Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Fullerton
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Good place to base your Disney trip from”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Howard Johnson facility is located just a few miles from the Disneyland park and offers a complimentary shuttle service. The drop-off location for the shuttle is on the east side of the park, which makes it a convenient place--much easier than parking yourself, and you save the parking fee. The hotel itself was not special, but the rooms were clean and well-maintained. The complimentary breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold items. The exercise room was acceptable. We never could find the ice machine, and I think there may not be one. Finally, the place must have gotten statues on sale. There are dozens of them all around the property. If you are a Doctor Who fan, you will find them rather amusing ("Don't blink!"), but otherwise you might think they're a little creepy. If I have another "just Disney" trip, and am trying to keep to a budget, this is a good place to base your trip on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Video Review Response posted on our main website under the "REVIEWS" section in the upper-right.

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pasadena, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was really put off by the reviews but because of the prices choose to stay anyway. My family and I stayed here for the 3 days for our trip to Disneyland and were pleasantly surprised! The hotel was very clean and very nice looking and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel offered a free shuttle to Disneyland and it was fast and punctual. The pool was open until 10pm and it was very clean. Breakfast was buffet style and free. The only down side was breakfast however. It was the same thing every morning (eggs, sausage, rice, pancakes, watermelon, potatoes, coffee and orange juice) and the potatoes were never fully cooked. But, it was free and filled my family up before we went to Disneyland and saved me a bunch of money so I'm not complaining. Plus the hotel was conviently close to resturants and shopping. Overall, my family and I had a great time and will be choosing this hotel again if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the tower.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hollister
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I found this hotel for a last minute trip on Bookit.com. I wanted to take my Italian cousins for a quick trip to Disneyland. Where do I start, first of all the rate was great, $69.00 per night on a package which included a Hot breakfast and free parking, shuttle to park. The hotel is located next to what I think is a strip bar, the sign outside said "Hot chicks and cold beer". My husband actually saw a hooker looking for tricks the second night we were there and he went to get gas in the car, nice. The rooms are very old and tired looking and really need a remodel. While the bed was comfortable, the linens were old, dingy and our bedspread had a stain on it. There was a small coffee maker in room but only one bag of coffee, not the two that hotels normally offer, one caffeinated and the other non-caffeinated. The shuttle to the park does not run all of the time so when we got there at 3pm, the shuttle was not going and therefore paid for a taxi to park, $15.00. Because we had not taken the hotel shuttle to park, we called at 1030pm to get directions on where to meet the shuttle. We were given very confusing directions and therefore were not in the correct area and ended up paying for another taxi ride back. Upon return I asked for a refund for the taxi ride back, I never got it and the front desk clerk Sean, (I think that was his name, who was very very nice) promised to have the manager address my issue, well the manager never called me,even when I inquired about it the next day, wonderful customer service indeed. Also the shuttles are old, and have seen better days and really do not run on time. The breakfast, ah, the breakfast. The hotel lists a nice hot breakfast, that could not have been further from the truth. The breakfast was horrible, pancakes were smaller than the palm of my hand, cold and rubbery. Sausage was cold no bacon offered. Coffee was watered down and no real creamer,just powder. This hotel seems to really cater to Asian travelers because there were Asian items on menu that turned my stomach in the early morning. I did not eat anything. I spoke to other guests and they had the same issue. Hotel is further away than the impression their web site says. All in all, I got exactly what I paid for a cheap, old hotel. Lesson learned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Anywhere,USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here for three nights during our visit to Disneyland. The hotel was perfect for what we needed and my children had a great time in the pool. Breakfast was fine, but it was the same everyday. Eggs,toast,rice,potatoes,pancakes and fruit. My only suggestion would be get rid of the huge lob of community butter and jelly ( it is gross and cant be up to health code) and change the menu up every day or have more prepackaged items. My other suggestion is they need to FIX THE BROKEN SIDE DOOR. It is a safety concern to say the least. All in all I would absolutely recommend this hotel for a visit to the area. Well priced, shuttle to Disney, and free breakfast made it well worth another stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Video Review Response posted on our main website under the "Reviews" section.
winterwonderland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

While attending a conference in Fullerton, I stayed 2 nights at the Howard Johnson Inn on 5/22/12 and 5/23/12. The price was right, the room was comfortable, and staff were friendly. I did experience some difficulty in finding my room but the issue was resolved once I obtained assistance from staff.

Room Tip: In the evening, parking is limited so keep that in mind.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thanks for the review! I've posted a video response in the "Reviews" section on our main website. Just Google, "Howard Johnson Hotel and Conference Center" and it's the top result.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Overall very pleased with the stay. They were doing a lot of landscape cleanup while we were there trying to make the hotel look nicer. The rooms were clean and we got a great value from Travelocity's Top Secret Hotel. Breakfast was fine and hot; had eggs, potatos, pancakes, juice, coffee, etc. The loud nightclub that was mentioned was closed down, so I'm not sure if the earlier reviews are correct. Also I would get a room facing the pool as you can definitely hear the freeway on the other side.

Room Tip: Face the pool if staying in the older section to avoid freeway noise
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Tracelocity's "Top Secret Hotels" for a very good price. I felt like I was getting a great deal before I went, but I don't know if I would ever pay more after being there. The lobby is really nice with old fancy antique looking furniture that is really classy. The rooms are also nice even if they have older tvs. However nice rooms and lobby's don't make everything in a hotel, experiences do and our experience was interesting to say the least. When we got to the hotel it was pretty late at night and I noticed an attached bar that was quite busy. Many of the patrons to this bar we're members of some sort of biker group or gang and were all over the hotel hallways and lobby. Not the friendliest environment if you have small kids, luckily we didn't. The bar was BLARING music and was right next to the lobby so the entire lobby just shakes from the bass. After checking in and getting our room we took the elevator up and tried to open the door to our room. The key worked but there were people in what was supposed to be our room. Highly awkward to walk in on people who were doing lord knows what in their room. After going back to the front desk to see what happened we were told "oh I gave you the wrong key." how does that even happen??? It seemed like a very odd excuse. They luckily gave us a second room that wasn't occupied. When getting into the elevator again we saw a "couple" we're a guy was escorting his "date" back out to her car. She acted like she knew that hotel a little too well, and I'll leave it at that. Very interesting evening to say the least. Oh yeah there was a clump of hair on one of our pillows, and possible blood on one of the chairs. .

• Stayed May 2012
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
I posted a video review response on our main website blog.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!