“Freezing cold room, dingy decor, loud truck traffic.” 2 of 5 stars

Grand Inn
1000 S. Euclid st., Fullerton, CA 92832   |
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Fullerton
New York, NY
“Freezing cold room, dingy decor, loud truck traffic.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel for a cheap stay at Disneyland. As long as a room is clean, the bed is comfy, there's decent free WiFi, and the shower is hot we're usually content. The man who checked us in gave us the impression we were interrupting a lousy day and he wanted to get back to sulking.

We got up to our room (#201), which smelled rather unpleasant and was very cold, I'd estimate below 60 fahrenheit. We opened the window to let some warm, less smelly air in. We went to the front desk and explained that we needed heat, and the clerk said that he'd turn on the heat from the central system. We left for Disneyland and returned around 10:30pm to a room that was colder than we left it. (Outdoor temperature was in the low 40s.) We returned to the front desk and asked again for heat. This time it actually came on, and I'd say we reached around 63 degrees peak. Our noses were still very cold though.

By the time dawn broke, the room was an icebox again, below 60. Called the front desk to request heat again about an hour ago, I'm still freezing as I type. (For reference, in winter my own home is frequently around 65 degrees, so I don't need a super warm room to be comfortable.)

Why did I wake at dawn, you ask? Probably a combination of the large tractor trailers roaring past this location at high speed, and the fact that the window shades do not cover the window completely, so early morning light falls directly on the faces of the people in bed. Oh, and also because I was very cold. The shade also shows about 30 cigarette burn holes where light leaks through. It's quite sad.

The decor might best be described as dingy. Carpets are very stained, the bathroom is pretty depressing, and basically you get the feeling that even when brand new, this place was very ugly. As I delicately unwrapped my tiny bar of soap to wash my hands, the soap crumbled into four tiny shards, almost unusable.

The free WiFi, I must admit, works well here. I am using it right now.

The bed was reasonably comfortable, so that checked out. Shower is yet to come, but I feel it's too late for even the greatest shower ever to persuade me ever to stay here again. I'd gladly spent an extra $20 for something better, and I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of options.

If you choose to stay here, I recommend a sleep mask, earplugs, a ski mask to prevent frostbite while asleep, and some warm Arctic-style pajamas. Maybe an electric blanket.

Room Tip: Room 201 was our bad luck charm.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Great experience. Front desk is very nice and helpful. Room is clean. Good location, very close to Disneyland. I had a great time there. Everybody is so nice there. Wonderful experience guaranteed.I would recommend that to anybody.

• Stayed December 2012
Exeter, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The price was right....$100 - 2 nights. Should have known that you get what you pay for. The room was clean, but the repair work that had been done was really shoddy. The sink had cuts in it and needed to be replaced. The room did have fairly new carpet. No screen on the first floor window and the window opened about 4" before the lock engaged. The towels were very old and barely dried. The water was hot. The walls were really thin. We could actually hear entire conversations being held above us and in the hallway. There was a gap in the door - you could actually see light from the hallway. Had to leave a $5. cash deposit for the room key and remote control...this was a first.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I recently stayed here for a family Disneyland trip. This place is small, but pretty nice. The staff there was also very kind. We didn't know the area so well,so the lady there went out of her way to help us out with directions, suggestions etc. Me and my kids had a great time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The room is clean and quiet.so close disneyland,We are happy on this trip.
super recommand.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

No heat or A/C, or alarm clocks. Cigarette smoke all the time from the monthly renters. Cigarette burns in comforters and nightstands. Road noise all night long. They rent rooms by the hour so that will tell you what kind of place this is. No breakfast or heated pool as advertised. There is no value and this place should come down. The Not So Grand Inn.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Orange County CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have stayed at the Grand Inn numerous times. The staff is very friendly and they made my stay comfortable. Conveniently located, so close we could see the FIREWORKS from Disneyland. (My kids loved watching fireworks from their window every night!!) This place is a steal compared to other Inns in the area. Take my word; I would DEFINETLY stay there again. I highly recommend the Grand Inn.
Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Grand Inn? Share your experiences!