“A Flavorless Adventure in Fresno” 1 of 5 stars

559-243-7099
Improve this listing
Ranked #364 of 1,016 Restaurants in Fresno
Fresno, CA
“A Flavorless Adventure in Fresno”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

If you're looking for a great Laotian restaurant in Fresno, a place full of flavor, atmosphere, and friendly/helpful service this is NOT the place you want to visit! Basically if this sign comes into view RUN, don't walk, and find yourself a nice "roach coach". Upon entering the establishment I noticed that it was a generally clean environment, but there were no customers. Just some of the employees' children running around and playing in the abandoned seats where customers should have been. I was actually "greeted" by who I assumed was a customer sloppily eating away at her table who looked up from her food long enough to swallow and tell me to grab a seat anywhere before returning to her feedbag. This should have been a sign to me, but since I was famished I decided to give it a shot.

I ordered from what seemed like an exciting line up of Thai and Laotian food and picked the deep fried quail with garlic served with a spicy lemon sauce. To their merit the food came quickly.. so quickly in fact that they left the flavor in the kitchen. Not to mention that it came without the garlic, lemon, or spices. It was served with a little salt and a side of what seemed like a grocery store pack of sweet and sour sauce. Basically, bland as dirt and definitely NOT what I ordered. When I told the waitress that it wasn't as described in the menu, she told me, "That's what it is" and walked off. Then I noticed that my $6 meal wasn't accompany by a side dish so I had to pay $2 for a small scoop of rice.

The funny thing is that I also ordered a Dr. Pepper and THAT for some reason took forever to reach my table. My theory is that it was held up by the same force that was holding the flavor from my quail hostage in the kitchen. And btw, this vending machine item cost me $1.50.

Other items of note, the bathroom was crowded and small and the toilet wasn't working. The workers in general didn't pay attention to me and were basically not very friendly.

Going back to my seat, I decided to finish my food since I was starving, but when I went to pay I found out that there was a minimum credit card limit which was not displayed anywhere. Instead of letting me go since I was a few cents short of the limit I was forced to purchase another bland item from their flavorless menu just so I can pay and leave as quickly as I could. Unfortunately, I didn't calculate that it would take them 30 minutes to prepare my uncooked salad. So I was stuck in this strange flavorless nursery with kids flying in and out view while I waited patiently to just get the heck out of there.

All-in-all, this is a horrible restaurant that I will never visit or recommend. I would rather have spend my evening eating the heat-lamped burgers at my local McDonald's. At least I would have had SOME flavor, better service, and it could have saved me $10 and the salad now sitting in my trash.

Do Not Go Here!!! Stay Away!!! Save your money and your taste buds!!!