“Best coconut shrimp!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Five is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,011 restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Perrin Avenue
Lemoore, California
“Best coconut shrimp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a wonderful meal with friends at Five. Service was great! I asked for a coke and was told they only had Pepsi but when the sever saw me wrinkle my nose (yes, I,m a coke snob) she whipped out a can of diet coke from the back and served it to me in a glass of ice. Nice save! The coconut shrimp is to die for. Great wine list. Everyone was very happy with their meals, and of coarse we each tried a bite of everything on the table. I had the rigatoni al pollo and it reminded me of my favorite Santa Barbara Italian restaraunt! Desert was creme brûlée. Great place to take friend out to dinner. Walked over to the Sequoia Brewing Co next door for after dinner drinks which was fun and relaxing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Clovis, California
“#1 In Fresno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Five is our favorite place to eat, hands down! My wife and i go there every chance we get, and try new things on the menu every time. We have yet to have anything that is not amazing! I travel for work and end up eating at a lot of nice restaurants all over the world, Five has the best filet i've ever had. I've been to over $100 a plate steak houses that don't hold a candle to Five! If you are in Fresno or even near by, go to Five, you won't regret it!

Mitch

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, just overpriced with poor service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have enjoyed the food on every visit, with our last visit impressing us the most. The Rib-eye with blue cheese was possibly the best steak I've had in Fresno. Her lobster ravioli was exceptional as well. However, you pay more for what you get. I have no problem paying good money for good food, but the restaurant needs to know that good money pays for much more for good food. Mainly service. Every visit we've received the worst service imaginable. We only see the servers once every 20 minutes, tops. After our food is received, no one comes to make sure that everything is correct and we are happy. After dinner was over it took thirty minutes ( not exaggerating) to get a dessert. Also, an 18 dollar corkage that would already be overpriced becomes way overpriced when you have servers that don't open wine properly or refill your glass for you. I have no problem paying 100+ dollars for a meal for two, but a $100 meal shouldn't have service that poor. I'm sure we'll dine there again, but if the service is half as bad as its been, then we'll never return.

Visited February 2013
Fresno, California
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a very good meal here. It may not be the most authentic Italian food around, but it was well done and nicely served. I read several reviews mentioning the prices, but when was the last time you only paid $4-5 for a side salad? Everything we had was well-prepared and served. We had the calamari fritti, lamb chops, fruti di mari, and salmon salad and we all had leftovers.
We will go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“singles bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

a singles bar for the older crowd. masquerades as an Italian place but the food is bland and overpriced. Don't bother unless you're looking for a cougar.

Visited February 2013