“Best hotel I have stayed in the Central Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save Money
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Best hotel I have stayed in the Central Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a couple nights on a business trip and was impressed. Spacious suites with many of the amenities needed. Nice staff and facility. Two potential drawbacks are: 1) there is no restaurant on site, and; 2) the suites are basically one big room so if you are a family looking for two separate rooms, you would be disappointed. As a single business traveler with a car, these were not issues.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Manzanitabay,

I noticed you were a top Trip advisor contributor and I am so very happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We are honored to be recognized by you as the best hotel you have stayed at in the Central Valley. Thank you so much for your review and I appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers. I hope to meet you on your next visit to Fresno.

Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
West Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Bed was super comfy, and pillows were great quality. Has a microwave/mini frig and with easy and quick access to dining and Riverpark mall.

The comp breakfast was basic and fine if you're into that.

I stayed on 3rd floor and internet was fine, would cut out occasionally..so I'd probably stay on 1st or 2nd floor for better internet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this Spring Hill Suites - Marriott for the past 18 months. The staff is always helpful, extremely friendly, and very professional. I have seen a number of changes that quests have requested which have been satisfied in this short period of time, including an upgraded workout center, must faster wireless internet, and a healthy/improved breakfast. If you are in the Fresno area, be sure to stay at the SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad that you have enjoyed your past 18 months here and truly appreciate your kind words.

Jennifer
Mariposa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is one of those properties that is pretty good, but not quite good enough to be remarkably great. With some attention to detail, a little more investment in bedding and some careful attention, it could be a very good hotel. That said, at the price (via discount bidding website), it was good enough.

The hotel appears to be relatively new, in good repair and well appointed. The rooms and lobby are efficiently laid out and totally adequate for a quick business overnight. There is a minimal gym and small pool and the free-breakfast was typical of this grade of facility. Check-in was fast and friendly, and there was free wifi throughout the building.

The room was clean, and well appointed, with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the lounge-area of the room. The nightstand had an old-style iPod dock-equipped clock radio, and there were reading lights on both sides. The furniture was comfortable, though there was a very gross stain was on the desk chair padding. Occasional noise filtered in from both the hallway, and via the plumbing, and the ventilation/heating/cooling system was the typical noisy window box, but I did sleep well without interruption once i was out.

Negatives on the property included a carpet freshener smell in the hallways that reminded me of wet dogs & warm beer (or dogs covered in beer), but thankfully the smell was not detectable in the room. With me, it's all about the bed and a big disappointment was the minimal, skimpy coverings, and the stiff lumpy pillows. I ended up digging a spare blanked out of the closet just to feel like I had something covering me.The bed was so-so; made of some sort of firm foam (but not memory foam).

Lessons learned: Access to the property is not intuitive at all; it would be a good idea to consult a close-up map before you drive around unnecessarily (like I did - twice). First lesson: You cannot get onto the property from E. Herndon Ave. Additionally, though the address is on N. Fresno Street, you actually have to turn on to a street called East Warner Avenue to get to the very round-about driveway entrance. There is a sign tucked into some bushes, but it's not lit, so you're not likely to spot it at night.

Check was a bit of a challenge too, as I couldn't to find the entrance to the building - It's tucked back on the east side of the building - with no parking in front other than a yellow zone. Note also that there are no walkways on the north side if you park and walk around.

Room Tip: East and West facing rooms. No remarkable view. Plenty of disability-equipped rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sparks, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Where to start? Thread bare sheets. Thin comforter/blanket. Bed is no longer the Marriott standard luxury type bed. Instead it is really firm. I barely slept a wink. We used to frequently stay at this property, but it has changed, for the worse. The complimentary breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay at any other hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Sailindayz,

I read your most recent review and apologize that you did not enjoy your most recent stay. Sounds like you have previously liked the property and hope you will contact me to further discuss the issues you had with your room. All of our mattresses are the Marriott standard we provide in all of our rooms that you have previously enjoyed, so I do apologize if the linen and bedding was not up to your expectations. We consistently are checking the condition and replacing the linen in our rooms and if we provided you sheets of low quality I sincerely apologize. We are always looking to improve and want to be noticed for the changes we have made for the better, like our upgraded exercise room and new breakfast, we surely do not want you to avoid the property but welcome you back.

Safe travels,
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business earlier this week. Great staff who really went out of their way to be helpful. I met someone (who I believe was the manager) of the hotel ! She was super friendly nice and helpful. Everyone at the front desk smiled and seemed genuinely happy to be working there and to assist you where they can!

The rooms are nice (based on their price) clean and very spacious. The breakfast is pretty good.... considering that it is included in your price, not 5 star, but not bad either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Melissa,
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our hotel and staff. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon!!!

Jennifer Mooradian
Assistant General Manager
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

All though the over all appearance of the hotel is nice, it was not my favorite place that we have stayed at. We stayed the first weekend in October, it was 95 degrees outside and the pool was freezing! The kids could not even stand it, it was so cold, needless to say we ended up not staying at the pool. Not sure why the pool would not be heated to a normal temp.
My biggest complaint is the air conditioning unit was so loud that every time it went on it woke us up all night. We had 2 beds in the room, they were double beds, not a lot of room for 2 people.
I will say the staff were all very pleasant, and they do have the standard free breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay in the winter so you don't have to use air conditioning.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Paul M.,
Sorry to hear we are not your favorite place in Fresno because I want this hotel to be your first choice when you come to town. Unfortunately our pool is not heated but we do have a spa out by the pool to keep you warm and relaxed. The temperatures get high in Fresno over the summer, so the pool is typically quite a nice temperature to swim in, but as we go into fall I understand that might be a little cold. I apprecite your feedback and will discuss the posibility of heating the pool in the fall months and see what we can do. I hope you will reconsider giving us another chance when you return to Fresno.

Amy

Been to SpringHill Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!