“Cute and cozy hotel!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Cute and cozy hotel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business earlier this week. Great staff who really went out of their way to be helpful. I met someone (who I believe was the manager) of the hotel ! She was super friendly nice and helpful. Everyone at the front desk smiled and seemed genuinely happy to be working there and to assist you where they can!

The rooms are nice (based on their price) clean and very spacious. The breakfast is pretty good.... considering that it is included in your price, not 5 star, but not bad either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Melissa,
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our hotel and staff. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon!!!

Jennifer Mooradian
Assistant General Manager

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

All though the over all appearance of the hotel is nice, it was not my favorite place that we have stayed at. We stayed the first weekend in October, it was 95 degrees outside and the pool was freezing! The kids could not even stand it, it was so cold, needless to say we ended up not staying at the pool. Not sure why the pool would not be heated to a normal temp.
My biggest complaint is the air conditioning unit was so loud that every time it went on it woke us up all night. We had 2 beds in the room, they were double beds, not a lot of room for 2 people.
I will say the staff were all very pleasant, and they do have the standard free breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay in the winter so you don't have to use air conditioning.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Paul M.,
Sorry to hear we are not your favorite place in Fresno because I want this hotel to be your first choice when you come to town. Unfortunately our pool is not heated but we do have a spa out by the pool to keep you warm and relaxed. The temperatures get high in Fresno over the summer, so the pool is typically quite a nice temperature to swim in, but as we go into fall I understand that might be a little cold. I apprecite your feedback and will discuss the posibility of heating the pool in the fall months and see what we can do. I hope you will reconsider giving us another chance when you return to Fresno.

Amy
Highland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed a few times and the hotel is great. The rooms are wonders, clean and spacious. The free breakfast was good, they always have a great spread. The night staff is great. The only down fall of the hotel is, that they will not let you check in if you don't put a credit card down for incidentals. In our case the room is paid for by work and the hotel want us to put a cc down when we'll only be in the room for a few hours to sleep. And they said no "cc" for incidentals, no room. That's not good business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriot customer! However after our stay at this hotel, I won't just book because its Marriot anymore! The hotel front desk staff were terrible!!! We checked in on Thursday September 19, 2013 and the woman at the desk gave my sister, my father and myself all keys to the room, 5 minutes later my dad went down to get a new key because his wasn't working and she would not give him one because the reservation was not in his name. She saw him 5 minutes prior standing with me and saw me hand him his key to the room at the desk.....she called me in my room and said he was trying to get a key and I told her to give him a new key, he was heading to the pool, she said no she could not give him a key! I was literally on the phone with her from the room to the front desk and she said no!!! Okay whatever! Then later that evening we needed a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine, Robert was now at the front desk and we asked if we could take it to the room, open the bottles and bring it right back, he said no!!!! We would have to go get the wine, bring it down to open. Like I was going to steal his .99 corkscrew!!!! I was so mad!!! I don't like being treated like a thief!! My family will be returning to fresno oct 11-13 and I won't be staying at the Springhill! Besides this review I will be speaking to the general manager.
Besides the front desk issues we also had issues with using our key cards in the exit doors, the pool gates and our room. We were careful not to put the cards by our phones too! The last thing to mention is the room. The configuration is very strange! It's a long narrow room with maybe a foot and a half to walk. The living room and bathroom were just fine and had plenty of space. The hotel itself wasn't horrible, it was really the staff that ruined our stay. Had they just been pleasant to us and treated us like guests it would have been just fine. Oh and getting to the hotel is a pain in the butt! There is no turn from the main road into the hotel, make sure you map it out first before you travel so you can see the roads you need to travel on because there is only one way in/out. It took us two tries to make the right turn from the main road. It was very confusing.....although that's not the hotels fault at all I wanted to mention it.....

I hope the review helps!

• Stayed September 2013
Jennifer M, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Mtkeil,
I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you did not have a better stay with us. We do have a strict key control policy to ensure all of our guests are safe when they stay with us. I personally take responsibility for this because I have informed our staff that they cannot give a key to a room to anyone that is not the registered guest. So I am sorry for this inconvenience and understand that we could have been more lenient if we saw him with you when you checked in. I am also terribly sorry that anyone at this hotel made you feel like a thief. I do not believe that this was his intention, we were down to our last corkscrew and we were trying to keep it at the front desk for anyone that needed to use it. I definitely understand how frustrating that can be and I assure you that there are more corkscrews at the front desk now. In addition, I am also sorry that you had problems with your keys. They are very sensitive and my chief engineer is currently cleaning all of our locks, so thank you for letting me know.
I really appreciate you taking your time to write about your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me. I know you are coming back to the area and do not want to stay with us; however, if you change your mind, I would appreciate the chance to give you a better perception of us.
Jennifer Mooradian
Assistant General Manager
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I found the room to be large, clean, and quiet. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom large and clean. There was adequate parking in the lot outside. Breakfast was decent, though we had to fight a large group of high school students on the way to some event. The entrance to the hotel was difficult to find because it is not off of the main stretch, but has an entrance on another street, and then the hotel is set back past some vacant lots...so it looks like it is not the right entrance. If I had to stay in Fresno again, I would book this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here one night as we could not make our destination in time due to traffic. I booked through Expedia and it was around 10.30pm when we arrived, however they could not find my reservation via the confirmation number. We were asked to step aside and they would research it. Occasionally, I went back to the desk and enquired as to whether they were any nearer resolving the problem for us. I asked if we could just get in to a room, but I was told no, because I had paid a certain rate and could only get in to a certain room. I called Expedia and they seemed to think the confirmation number was legit - I got the front desk to speak to Expedia but nothing that was said seemed to be satisfactory to the hotel staff.

At midnight I went up to the desk one final time. My young son was losing it and I needed a resolution. I was told they couldn't find my reservation and I would have to pay for a room at a higher rate. So apparently, one and a half hours prior, I could have gotten in to a room, but they made me wait in the hotel lobby for 90 minutes with a young child, late at night and then charged me again for the room, plus an extra $30.

I should have gone across the street and tried to get a room elsewhere, but I kept getting assured they could fix it. At that point I just needed to lay down as we had to be up and out by 7am - I certainly begrudged giving them my money.

In the morning I was told that a manager was not on duty so I asked for someone to call me. I got a phone call from the hotel about an hour later, but they hung up before speaking to me and I heard nothing else back. This was my first experience staying at a Springhill Suites location and I would look at any other hotel chain before booking with them based on this experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I was very surprised to read your review and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the time of arrival. I have encountered issues where 3rd party reservations have not come through to the hotel computer or they were actually booked for a different hotel, but never a situation that would require one to sit in the lobby for an hour and half to resolve the booking discrepancy. I sincerely apologize and wish that this had been brough to my attention when you stayed here in September of 2012, so I would have been able to address with the team and make sure that you were not double charged in any way by a 3rd party and direct hotel booking. Thank you for your time and if you ever return to the Fresno area I would like to personally set up a reservation for you so you can give us another try. We have upgraded so many things at our hotel over the past year since your last visit; our breakfast, our exercise room, the internet and more I would love for you to try our hotel again.
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This place is our "home away from home" and the people who work here truly make you feel like you are family! The hotel is very clean and smells wonderful. We stayed here last week and I forgot my sneakers. Amy went to the Post Office and mailed them to me!!! They go beyond what's typically expected to make you feel as comfortable as possible. We won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I really appreciate you taking the time to recognize the SpringHill Suites in Fresno on Trip Advisor. You are most definitely like family and we really appreciate you staying with us whenever you are in the Fresno area. I hope the shoes have made it home to you!

Been to SpringHill Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!