Stayed here one night as we could not make our destination in time due to traffic. I booked through Expedia and it was around 10.30pm when we arrived, however they could not find my reservation via the confirmation number. We were asked to step aside and they would research it. Occasionally, I went back to the desk and enquired as to whether they were any nearer resolving the problem for us. I asked if we could just get in to a room, but I was told no, because I had paid a certain rate and could only get in to a certain room. I called Expedia and they seemed to think the confirmation number was legit - I got the front desk to speak to Expedia but nothing that was said seemed to be satisfactory to the hotel staff.
At midnight I went up to the desk one final time. My young son was losing it and I needed a resolution. I was told they couldn't find my reservation and I would have to pay for a room at a higher rate. So apparently, one and a half hours prior, I could have gotten in to a room, but they made me wait in the hotel lobby for 90 minutes with a young child, late at night and then charged me again for the room, plus an extra $30.
I should have gone across the street and tried to get a room elsewhere, but I kept getting assured they could fix it. At that point I just needed to lay down as we had to be up and out by 7am - I certainly begrudged giving them my money.
In the morning I was told that a manager was not on duty so I asked for someone to call me. I got a phone call from the hotel about an hour later, but they hung up before speaking to me and I heard nothing else back. This was my first experience staying at a Springhill Suites location and I would look at any other hotel chain before booking with them based on this experience.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fresno Hotel
- Springhill Suites Fresno Hotel Fresno
- Fresno Springhill Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stunning new SpringHill Suites Fresno hotel is designed to celebrate travel life. Set near the great skiing and snowboarding at Sierra Summit, and key destinations like Fresno State, Kaiser, St. Agnes Medical Center and Fresno Heart Hospital, stylish suites give you well-defined spaces for recharging, relaxing or connecting, with lots of flexible seating and a pullout sofa. Suites also include plush bedding, free Wi-Fi, and a pantry with mini-fridge, coffee maker and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fresno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.