“Great Spot to Stay in Northern Fresno” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save Money
Ranked #7 of 65 hotels in Fresno
San Luis Obispo, California
“Great Spot to Stay in Northern Fresno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have friends who live in North Fresno and this property is the perfect place for us to stay, only 5 minutes from our friends' house. It is easy to find off CA 41 with very easy on/off freeway access. Our check in was handled with total professionalism and friendliness. This is an all-suite hotel that has all the goodies one expects from Marriott, including a refrigerator and coffee maker, great Directv on a flat screen, free WiFi, an extensive free breakfast, exercise room and nice outdoor pool (especially appreciated in 98 degree temps in Fresno). Suites have plenty of space with separate sleeping and sitting areas, and the housekeeping is immaculate.We booked through Priceline and got a fabulous rate. This is a property that works well for a couple, but would also be perfect for a business trip. There's a Chilis right across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We found this property to be clean and quiet with a very good staff on all levels. They were helpful and pleasant and genuinely wanted our stay to be a good experience. The complimentary breakfast was fine, but lacked some of healthier choices. It was a little pricey for this area but we weren't disappointed with our stay.

Room Tip: Our suite, located in the middle (not on an end) of the 3rd floor was an odd size and poorly designe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Fresno SpringHill Suites. I am so glad the staff made your stay enjoyable. We have a great team here in Fresno. I noticed you commented on the SpringHill breakfast and lack of healthier options. I wanted to be the first to let you know that all SpringHill Suites by Marriott will be changing the breakfast selections. Over the past 6 months, various SpringHill Suites locations have been testing out breakfast options and we have come to a decision of what the new standard will be. This involves not only new and healthier food options, but more variety and a different lay out altogether. This new breakfast will be in place by July 1, 2013 so I encourage you to visit a SpringHill Suites and experience this as it sounds like it would definitely accomodate your needs. If you return to Fresno please keep us in mind. We would love to serve you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We stay in Fresno two to three times a month and are always looking for a good value. This hotel is a little more than others we've been using, but gives the most bang for the buck! The desk, sofa & chair separate from the bed is ideal. If I'm working late on a project I'm not disturbing my wife if she decides to go to bed early. The rooms aren't huge but I like the fact that I can relax/unwind in a different area than I sleep.

Easy access to the River Park area and a short drive to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013
Mariposa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This unit has been open for about three years so it is still sparkly new. It is very quiet and clean. I was impressed to find they even have rooms designed for the deaf. While not spacious, there is adequate room and closets. The bedding is fine. We booked a room for three and had two plastic cups, so we grabbed another from the breakfast area. Free breakfast includes bacon and eggs, with the usual waffles, etc. The lobby is wine and there is a place to get snacks, toiletries, beer and wine and soft drinks. The pool is nice, but unheated in the winter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is a very nice, well keeping, clean establishment. Service was very good starting with the flawless check-in, maid service, and check-out at 0330am. Room was very clean, spacious, wi-fi service was excellent. A bathroom was spacious, clean and a shower worked well. Breakfast was average, but it is just me, I believe. I do not eat these cereals, jams, buns, etc. It was possible having my dinner to be ordered over the phone and delivered to the room from a local restaurant. Thanks for that recommendation! The A/C-Heating was noisy and open windows caught all the noises from the nearest pike. That was the only problem I had with this establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stay in quite a bit of major chain brand hotels, think I am a silver elite member in all of them. This hotel went above and beyond my expectations. It is a very well managed hotel with nice and helpful staff that care. They have clean, quite and comfortable rooms which sometimes can be a challenge to find. The location is very good as it is near major shopping and dining areas of Fresno (check out River Park nearby), plus conveniently located to major roads to get you around in Fresno / Clovis. Would recommend to stay there and if you do make sure you have their free breakfast, the waffles are awesome!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Gabriel Valley, So. California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed here this past weekend while in town for our niece's wedding. The hotel overall has a nice, newer, clean appearance & amenities. The bed was quite comfortable, the shower had reasonably good pressure and overall the room was pretty clean and nice. The reasons I rated this stay as just average were:
One, when we checked in, specifically requested a quiet room, at end of hall on top floor ideally. Well the person checking us in clearly didn't think that through. There are 4 possible top floor corner rooms in this hotel and the one provided, room 400, is most likely the noisiest possible room as it is on the one corner of the hotel that fronts two busy streets. Any of the other 3 possibilities would have been better, the hotel was clearly not very full, doubt honestly that all the other 3 were already taken and even if they were, why didnt he mention to me that this room probably would not be quiet based on its location in the hotel and would I like to try something else instead? At the time of our arrival, much later than we had planned, we simply didn't have the time to haul all of our belongings back down to the lobby and switch rooms prior to getting ready for and leaving for the wedding and were of course tired upon our return, neither situation allowing us the opportunity to request a change of rooms.
Two, the design of the room itself was somewhat unfortunate, with the thermostat over near the entry door and the heating/cooling unit across the room below the window, approximately 3 feet from the bed. This causes the heat/air to go on randomly right next to the bed, based on the temperature over by the hall which it seems may be heated at some times of day and not others because the ac was on when we arrived and then during the nite the heat was on at first then in the wee hours of the morning it went to ac again...just what you want, to wake up all nite overheated and/or freezing, having to constantly get up and walk into the other part of the room to change the thermostat to try to be comfortable. Just poor design. Also, in the bathroom, for some strange reason, the toilet paper holders were installed in the wall across from the toilet, not in the wall next to the toilet (where there was plenty of space) causing anyone without 3 foot long arms to have to nearly get up off the seat to reach the toilet paper! Just again very poor design.
Three, just a couple of maintenance type issues that kept me from considering giving even a 4 dot review; there was what appeared to be mold in the grout under one of the attached corner soap dishes in the shower and a very large crack that went through 3 of the shower wall tiles just above the tub and one of the walls in the bedroom had what appeared to be patchy paint on it that didn't really match the rest very well.
Four, this was just weird lol, I kept asking my husband, is this some new trend that I am unaware of? because it was just weird. Our son had gone to Famous Daves and brought his leftovers to our room to put in the fridge. Later we took them out to eat them and needed paper plates and cutlery, so first we check the large cupboard area above the bar sink, which only appears to contain the microwave, nothing else on any of the many shelves inside. So, hubby volunteers to go to the front desk to inquire for some and the guy at the desk calls up to the room and asks me to look inside of the microwave lol...apparently, these folks have decided that inside of the microwave is the place to store, two paper plates wrapped in plastic and two sets of plastic cutlery. Not on any one of the many shelves in the cupboard but IN the microwave. No sign posted on the microwave or the shelves letting you know to look in there for these strangely placed items...you are just supposed to know I guess...I mean wouldn't everyone think to check the microwave for these items??? mmmm no lol...just weird. At least put a sign on the mw door or cabinet shelf letting folks know to look, could've saved hubby a trip to the lobby!
So, all in all, a very decent place to stay, very comfortable bed, but a few issues that to me made the place/stay just average or eh, if you allowed half dots, I would probably have given it a 3 1/2 as I found it perhaps slightly above average, but definitely not a 4 dot. I am certain there are many worse places to stay in Fresno!

Room Tip: Don't pick 400! or I would imagine 300 or 200 or 100, as these are all located on the noisiest...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking to the time to write your review on the SpringHill Suites Fresno. I apologize that the staff did not meet your request for a quiet room. The 4th floor is a popular request since there is nobody above you but it sounds as if this corner room was not the best choice. I understand you not wanting to move to a different room once getting settled but wish we would have had the opportunity to make this change to ensure a better night rest for you. I was happy to hear that you found your bed comfortable and found the hotels appearance to be new and clean. We want our guests to have a positive experience and hope that when you come back we will better select a quieter location for your room. The paper plates and utensils are kept in the microwaves for consistency across the SpringHill Suites brand and in the guest rooms. We have several accessible rooms that have lowered counters and the microwaves are there so it is easily accessible to all. Also, some SpringHill Suites do not have the cabinetry that we have at this property. For training purposes all team members know where they are located to advise guests when they call down or visit our 24 hour market for easy meals and snacks. I have to admit, prior to working here I would not have thought to look inside a microwave for plates but would find it to be a nice surprise that everything I need to prepare my meal is right there. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to review the property. We want to be everybodys first choice in lodging, so constructive feedback is very helpful to our growing improvement.

Been to SpringHill Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!