“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Mariposa, California
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This unit has been open for about three years so it is still sparkly new. It is very quiet and clean. I was impressed to find they even have rooms designed for the deaf. While not spacious, there is adequate room and closets. The bedding is fine. We booked a room for three and had two plastic cups, so we grabbed another from the breakfast area. Free breakfast includes bacon and eggs, with the usual waffles, etc. The lobby is wine and there is a place to get snacks, toiletries, beer and wine and soft drinks. The pool is nice, but unheated in the winter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is a very nice, well keeping, clean establishment. Service was very good starting with the flawless check-in, maid service, and check-out at 0330am. Room was very clean, spacious, wi-fi service was excellent. A bathroom was spacious, clean and a shower worked well. Breakfast was average, but it is just me, I believe. I do not eat these cereals, jams, buns, etc. It was possible having my dinner to be ordered over the phone and delivered to the room from a local restaurant. Thanks for that recommendation! The A/C-Heating was noisy and open windows caught all the noises from the nearest pike. That was the only problem I had with this establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stay in quite a bit of major chain brand hotels, think I am a silver elite member in all of them. This hotel went above and beyond my expectations. It is a very well managed hotel with nice and helpful staff that care. They have clean, quite and comfortable rooms which sometimes can be a challenge to find. The location is very good as it is near major shopping and dining areas of Fresno (check out River Park nearby), plus conveniently located to major roads to get you around in Fresno / Clovis. Would recommend to stay there and if you do make sure you have their free breakfast, the waffles are awesome!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Gabriel Valley, So. California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed here this past weekend while in town for our niece's wedding. The hotel overall has a nice, newer, clean appearance & amenities. The bed was quite comfortable, the shower had reasonably good pressure and overall the room was pretty clean and nice. The reasons I rated this stay as just average were:
One, when we checked in, specifically requested a quiet room, at end of hall on top floor ideally. Well the person checking us in clearly didn't think that through. There are 4 possible top floor corner rooms in this hotel and the one provided, room 400, is most likely the noisiest possible room as it is on the one corner of the hotel that fronts two busy streets. Any of the other 3 possibilities would have been better, the hotel was clearly not very full, doubt honestly that all the other 3 were already taken and even if they were, why didnt he mention to me that this room probably would not be quiet based on its location in the hotel and would I like to try something else instead? At the time of our arrival, much later than we had planned, we simply didn't have the time to haul all of our belongings back down to the lobby and switch rooms prior to getting ready for and leaving for the wedding and were of course tired upon our return, neither situation allowing us the opportunity to request a change of rooms.
Two, the design of the room itself was somewhat unfortunate, with the thermostat over near the entry door and the heating/cooling unit across the room below the window, approximately 3 feet from the bed. This causes the heat/air to go on randomly right next to the bed, based on the temperature over by the hall which it seems may be heated at some times of day and not others because the ac was on when we arrived and then during the nite the heat was on at first then in the wee hours of the morning it went to ac again...just what you want, to wake up all nite overheated and/or freezing, having to constantly get up and walk into the other part of the room to change the thermostat to try to be comfortable. Just poor design. Also, in the bathroom, for some strange reason, the toilet paper holders were installed in the wall across from the toilet, not in the wall next to the toilet (where there was plenty of space) causing anyone without 3 foot long arms to have to nearly get up off the seat to reach the toilet paper! Just again very poor design.
Three, just a couple of maintenance type issues that kept me from considering giving even a 4 dot review; there was what appeared to be mold in the grout under one of the attached corner soap dishes in the shower and a very large crack that went through 3 of the shower wall tiles just above the tub and one of the walls in the bedroom had what appeared to be patchy paint on it that didn't really match the rest very well.
Four, this was just weird lol, I kept asking my husband, is this some new trend that I am unaware of? because it was just weird. Our son had gone to Famous Daves and brought his leftovers to our room to put in the fridge. Later we took them out to eat them and needed paper plates and cutlery, so first we check the large cupboard area above the bar sink, which only appears to contain the microwave, nothing else on any of the many shelves inside. So, hubby volunteers to go to the front desk to inquire for some and the guy at the desk calls up to the room and asks me to look inside of the microwave lol...apparently, these folks have decided that inside of the microwave is the place to store, two paper plates wrapped in plastic and two sets of plastic cutlery. Not on any one of the many shelves in the cupboard but IN the microwave. No sign posted on the microwave or the shelves letting you know to look in there for these strangely placed items...you are just supposed to know I guess...I mean wouldn't everyone think to check the microwave for these items??? mmmm no lol...just weird. At least put a sign on the mw door or cabinet shelf letting folks know to look, could've saved hubby a trip to the lobby!
So, all in all, a very decent place to stay, very comfortable bed, but a few issues that to me made the place/stay just average or eh, if you allowed half dots, I would probably have given it a 3 1/2 as I found it perhaps slightly above average, but definitely not a 4 dot. I am certain there are many worse places to stay in Fresno!

Room Tip: Don't pick 400! or I would imagine 300 or 200 or 100, as these are all located on the noisiest...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
McCamey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking to the time to write your review on the SpringHill Suites Fresno. I apologize that the staff did not meet your request for a quiet room. The 4th floor is a popular request since there is nobody above you but it sounds as if this corner room was not the best choice. I understand you not wanting to move to a different room once getting settled but wish we would have had the opportunity to make this change to ensure a better night rest for you. I was happy to hear that you found your bed comfortable and found the hotels appearance to be new and clean. We want our guests to have a positive experience and hope that when you come back we will better select a quieter location for your room. The paper plates and utensils are kept in the microwaves for consistency across the SpringHill Suites brand and in the guest rooms. We have several accessible rooms that have lowered counters and the microwaves are there so it is easily accessible to all. Also, some SpringHill Suites do not have the cabinetry that we have at this property. For training purposes all team members know where they are located to advise guests when they call down or visit our 24 hour market for easy meals and snacks. I have to admit, prior to working here I would not have thought to look inside a microwave for plates but would find it to be a nice surprise that everything I need to prepare my meal is right there. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to review the property. We want to be everybodys first choice in lodging, so constructive feedback is very helpful to our growing improvement.
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Checked-in quite late/early morning without reservations and was assigned a room. Ok but next to water filtration system thus mechanical noise. The front desk was extremely apologetic and helpful in changing the room the next morning. Given a very nice suite, comfortable for two and able to make business calls with ease. Breadfast was good and serving staff very friendly. Would stay there again when in Fresno.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast is very good and especially the nice lady preparing it. Nice clean rooms and plenty of parking. Although they charged me $60 for my son scratched the sheet with a pin but still I think the hotel is worth staying.

• Stayed January 2013
Elk Grove, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I travel to Fresno on business twice a month. I am a loyal patron of the Springhill Suites due to Derek and Mae. I am greeted by name every time, my room requests are always honored, they provide a selection of menus for restaurants who offer delivery, breakfast is always served hot and many times as a gym frequenter they will bring out the coffee and water earlier than listed. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well maintained. The rooms are quiet and I have never had struggles sleeping as I am a light sleeper. In addition the parking lot is well lit with plenty of space to park. All staff are friendly and hospitable and always willing to go above and beyond. I recommend this hotel to travelers.

Room Tip: Request a high floor away from the street side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!