“Nice place for a burger and fries” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 1,011 restaurants in Fresno
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Round Rock, Texas
“Nice place for a burger and fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We lucked out and were staying in a hotel only a couple of miles from the Dog House. It seemed very busy and parking was limited but we were able to find a place just up the street and because you order at the counter and pick up you just find a location to sit. We were able to find a place at the bar and watch the preseason football games. I had a hamburger and my companion had the philly cheesesteak, both were good, if we had known a bucket of fries would feed 5 we would have ordered the side of fries.

90% Recommend
Las Vegas, Nevada
“There is steak sandwich and there is STEAK SANDWICH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

At less than $9 for their famous Tri-Tip sandwich it is definitely a bargain. Compared to the thin sliced Arby roast beef which is only few dollars less there is absolutely no comparison in terms of value. Dog House Grill tri-tip was stacked with thick slices at least 6 long pieces (maybe even 1/3rd to half a pound of meat).
Anyway it has nice smoky flavor though slightly on the dryer side. Extra BBQ sauce makes it taste better and with the bun it will fill up even a big man fast.
Fried calamari is good but I particularly like their cocktail sauce which is higher in horse radish content than most other places I've been, it just gives it more kick (as Emeril Lagasse would say kick it up a notch).
Overall a very good value eatery.

Fresno, California
“Woof!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I try something different every time I'm here and I haven't been disappointed yet! It's just basic simple fare with seating inside and outside. It's always packed day or night, but the service is fast. It's totally casual, so you don't have to worry about being under dressed. The only negative point I would say is the parking. It's very limited, so they have parking guys stationed at the lot entrance to tell you if there's a spot available to park or not. So be prepared to find parking elsewhere. It's conveniently close to the freeway, so if you're on a road trip, it's quick off, quick on.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Stunning Tri tip Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had the BEST tri-tip sandwich I've ever eaten at the Dog House! I smoke my own BBQ, so rarely order it at restraunts. I will ABSOLUTELY order it again at the Dog House! It was amazing! The most tender and juicy BBQ sammich I've had. The fries were also delicious, and the service was great! This is a must visit restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“great roat beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I loved the roast beef. Woww. It was so delicious. I loved it. Sandavich was so big. The fries are also so good. But you need to wait so long. There is no place to park. You need to wait and wait. But it is worth it.

Visited February 2013

Been to Dog House Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dog House Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.