“Basic but decent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Tulare, California
“Basic but decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is older but mostly clean (few spots on carpet) and the pool was really nice. The front desk staff could not be more pleasant and welcoming! No elevator, so if you have mobility problems the first floor is for you, but my kids were enthralled with the "twisty staircase." Right across the street from the airport, but noise was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were visiting a friend in Fresno and needed a place to stay for the weekend. This hotel was perfectly adequate and well-kept. Everything was clean, and the pool and spa were pretty relaxing. It's a bit of a maze in the hotel though. The lack of elevators didn't bother me since there are only two floors, and they let you request a first-floor room if you don't want to use the stairs. The front desk folks were nice enough, and housekeeping seemed very thorough. The second floor rooms have balconies.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have balconies. Pick a pool-facing room for a better view, otherwise it faces the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is my second time to visit this establishment and just as the first time, it did no wrong. I enjoyed the room with the two basins and wonderful shower room. It has a refrigerator to store your items like drinks. Their beds were comfortable. I like how they offer a table to allow visitors to do their work. Picadilly offers free Wi-Fi which is fantastic as other establishments charge to use it. There is no continental breakfast, but for a fee, you may join the restaurant for eats.

It is across from the airport, but the hotel rooms are soundproof. I'm glad I came again and had a wonderful as before.

Room Tip: always choose a room on the second floor away from the ground noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Oakhurst, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have used this hotel for years. I like it as it is convenient to the Fresno Airport. I can go down the night before a flight, and leave my car...You used to be able to leave it as long as you were gone, and it was free. Now they add $5.00 to your nights stay...Plus only allow a certain amount of time until they start charging you a daily fee...but it's still cheaper than the airport charge.

The rooms are roomy :0)...Have a lot of amenities for travelers...Bar, restaurant, meeting rooms. I have never used these but they are there if needed.

The place sold about a yesr or so agom and that is when the fees were added on.

I like this hotel for another reason alsol. The rooms are in side rooms. That may not be something business men think about. But being a single female...I do.

If you need a place to stay before your flight...I highly recommend the Piccadilly Airport in Fresno, Ca.

Room Tip: The hotel is not within walking distance to lot of shopping, or restaurants. So you will need a car...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is the second time I've been here, and I like it a lot. I especially like the convenience of the lounge and the restaurants. Brian and Candace, two of the wait staff know me by name already. This is where I'll be staying every time I attended courses at Alliant International University, which is right next door.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel wasn't my favorite but it worked for what we needed. The shower however was dirty and the rooms were old and outdated. The hotel entrance was well kept but the rooms looked ignored. The beds were comfortable and it is right near the airport. I probably won't recommend this hotel to friends or family.

Stayed July 2014
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello, I'm sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our hotel. I spoke to our executive housekeeper about the shower head you mentioned as soon as I read your review. I apologize if something slipped past us during the room inspection before your stay. We are in the process of continuing improvements to the property to help meet your expectations; to date we have added over 160 new mattresses, new bedding for every room, new 34" flat screen televisions and improvements are ongoing. We certainly strive to provide value and quality to every guest who stays with us and we would love to welcome you back on a future visit.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is an older property but it has been updated and well maintained through the years. The rooms are large with many that have open patios out to the pool area. Surrounding the pool is a large grass area that makes a great view from rooms facing the pool area. Fitted sheets and nice bedding. On site bar is a very nice small, quiet bar. On site food is very good with room service available.

Room Tip: Get a room that is on the first floor and faces the swimming pool. Nice large sliding door to open...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Piccadilly Inn Airport? Share your experiences!