“This is a unusually strange hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Piccadilly Inn Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5115 East Mckinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727   |
Ranked #17 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Orange County, California
“This is a unusually strange hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I just finished a 2 night hotel stay here this week for work. My colleague obtained a pretty good name your rate on Priceline, and so we went for it. Mind you, there is no breakfast included here and although it looks like a full service nearly 4 star hotel from the exterior, it is not. I had recently attended a company meeting in their banquet facilities and it was pretty good. The hotel is a series of buildings that are connected with outside facing doors which require card key access each time you go from one building to the next. The parking lot seemed much larger than it was, due to the fact the hotel wasn't very busy. This was a plus for me since I never encountered noise or waits for service from the staff. It was so quiet it was almost eerie! Long hotel corridors which never seemed to have any occupants except myself and work colleague.
The rooms were large and as a non smoker, found no issues with the odor except the halls seem to reek of cigarettes. The hotel gym was an old guest room converted to a space for a stationary bike, a treadmill and a cross trainer. It was reminiscent of hotel "gyms" from the late 1970's and early 1980's. The television was an older analogue version, which functioned perfectly but the selections included no premium channels. The pool and hot tub were deserted as well, although they were heated and perfectly swimmable. I didn't fly in, but you could stay here and walk to the Fresno Airport, which seemed to be about a block away from the parking lot on the back side of the hotel. For the price paid it was definitely worth it, but I don't think I'd pay their posted regular rate usually found online.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your extremely thorough review. Our large hotel can certainly feel a bit quiet at times when our occupancy is running lower when compared to some of the smaller branded properties. Most of the time we have the opposite challenge since we are one of the highest occupied hotels in the Fresno area. We have new ownership and we are dedicated to improving some of the aging aspects of our hotel, such as the fitness center. We have recently purchased new mattresses, bedding, 34" flat screen TV's for our guest rooms and have just gone live with the fastest complimentary guest internet in the area at 50 mbps. New powered entrance doors are on order as well as new equipment for our restaurant. We will certainly focus on improving our guests expectations with invaluable responses such as yours.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fairfield, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Convenient to airport, friendly shuttle and desk staff, and the rooms were fairly nice for an older property...unfortunately the experience did not end well. I realized I had left an expensive blouse hanging in the closet after I boarded my flight. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager, Stephanie, and reported it and left my information, but never heard back. I called the next day, and left my information again with the front desk. This time I received a call back stating the manager was checking on it and would call me back. Didn't hear anything for 2 days, so this time I called back and remained on hold. Unfortunately, the blouse is missing. I travel all over the United States frequently for business, and have occasionally left items behind. I am happy to say more often than not they have been returned to me, but in this case the item is gone, and I had to chase down the answer. I will not return to this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Martha, I am sincerely sorry to hear we were not able to locate your blouse and the response time you experienced was certainly distressing to learn about. I have had a very pointed conversation with our operation managers concerning our acceptable expected response time to our guests (two days is not acceptable). We have an above average staff that has turned in over $14,000 in cash in the last twelve months with one guest leaving over $12,000 of his company's receipts in the room, so our staff has a very honest track history. We would certainly love to have you back on your next visit to the area and make amends for our shortcomings during your last visit. I would like to hear from you personally the next time you are in our neighborhood.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

IU have stayed at this hotel a few times, and also use it when we have firefighters that are traveling through the state of California while fighting the numerous wildland fires we have every year through the state. The staff is wonderful to work with, the rooms are clean and ready on time. The hotel management teat is one of the finest around. They are always there greeting us with smiles and ready to fix any issues that come up during they stay. I would recommend this hotel for any and all of your travels in the Fresno and Central Valley area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

If your are a traveler, the Fresno Piccadilly Inn Airport can not be beat. It has the best overall location, shuttle service to the airport which is only a quarter of a mile across the street, full service restaurant with perhaps the best steak in town, a friendly atmosphere and the cleanest and most comfortable rooms in all of Fresno. For these reasons our Clovis High School Class held its 50 year reunion there and had the time of our lives.

Room Tip: Stay a night and and fly out of Fresno Yosemite Airport the next morning and it's just across th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

my company and myself have been putting our clients up at the Piccadilly for years, they have a great atmosphere and the service is awsome! i have had great support from Stephanie, and the other staff

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The beds were brand new and comfortable. Also, the TV and all the linens looked to be brand new. There is a restaurant that is pretty good and affordable. With nothing much really to do in Fresno, this hotel was a present surprise. They also have a workout room that was easy to use.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oakhurst, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a canceled flight so my plans changed unexpectedly so I stayed not knowing much about the hotel. It's outdated but my room was very clean, big, and had a new bed. I liked it most because I didn't feel cramped by the space like in so many of the new hotels I stay at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nicole, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the larger size of our rooms which really is an overlooked benefit when comparing our hotel to many of the newer properties. We are continuing our efforts to improve our valued guest's experience and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Been to Piccadilly Inn Airport? Share your experiences!