“Very nice stay at the Piccadilly Inn Airport in Fresno” 4 of 5 stars

Piccadilly Inn Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5115 East Mckinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727   |
Ranked #17 of 65 hotels in Fresno
La Puente
“Very nice stay at the Piccadilly Inn Airport in Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice stay at the Piccadilly Inn Airport hotel in Fresno. The room was quite comfortable and the hotel had an inhouse bar and restaurant that were both quite nice. The hotel was right across the street from the Fresno airport for convenience. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again when we visit family in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your considerate review. We are diligently working on improving our hotel and restaurants to enhance our guest experience. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future and we continue to improve to assure all of your visits remain positive.

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Ok I stayed there for one night. Worst night ever! No other hotel have ever ever had that big problem. The hotel itself seems nice and clean but we were put in room 103 and could hear the people above us all night! The were so noisy and were slamming doors all night! It was 2:30 am when they were still making noise! I called from desk and no one answer. I woke up with the worst headache ever! Icannot believe they didn't told them to stop. I wouldn't stay at this hotel ever again. I don't recommend it to anyone! They don't have complimentary breakfast and their business center has a single computer and the internet was down! I thought it was a great hotel when I walked in there but was so wrong! PLEASE STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed November 2013
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I am sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you confronted during your recent stay at our hotel. The Piccadilly Inn Airport has recently been purchased by new ownership which recognizes the need to improve each of the areas you have been mentioned in your review. When the hotel is full we often have noise complaints which should have been handled to your satisfaction by the desk and security officer we employee for just those purposes. We are also taking steps to buffer sounds with additional measures that are currently under consideration. I will certainly share this review with our staff and management and address our failure to adequately solve your issues. Our hotel has recently contracted a new supplier for state of the art high speed internet, television, & telephone service which will be up and running very soon to solve the frustration we have with our current provider in our business center. Thank you for your valued feedback and we will use your experience as a sounding board to improve our performance and provide our guest the best value and hospitality.
Woodinville, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I arrived late, the place is very close to the airport and easy to find. The man at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean with newer furnishings. TV, refrigerator, iron and board, desk, coffee and pot, Bible, cups and enough towels. Shampoo, soap and lotion are from a wall mounted dispenser. No pen or pad, but they gave me one at the desk. Everything was clean. The breakfast had a waffle machine, cereals, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, fruit, toast, bagels and stuff like that. They had pop, snacks, tooth brushes an all those items for $1.00 each including tax. Free news papers. It worked for me, for travel. I wouldn't spend a honeymoon there. The only thing that creeped me out was when I was leaving in the morning I saw a car in the lot that had its passenger side window smashed in. Someone did a smash and grab. My cousin lives in Clovis and I told him about it. He said it's that way all over Fresno and Clovis. My advice is park near the office and don't leaving ANYTHING in your car, take it your room or stash it in the trunk.

Room Tip: After learning of the smash and grab I wasn't thrilled about being on the ground level and I am...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are always listening carefully to our guests in order to create a more positive experience. The cities of Fresno and Clovis are working with local hoteliers in an effort to curb crime. Our hotel has made a commitment to providing a more secure environment by adding a walking patrol and cameras. Our property has had very few incidents but so our continued efforts will help avoid more of these problems. We are currently making many improvements on the property including flat screen televisions, new mattresses & bedding, with many property wide upgrades soon to come. We strive to be your choice for comfort and hospitality.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was my first trip to Fresno and I stayed here based on a colleague's recommendation. I could not have been happier. It has a great location, clean as can be, amazing grounds/landscaping and the service is welcoming. The pictures posted here are not accurate. Bedspreads are gone as they have a new bed package and all the rooms have new TVs. Give it a try.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The Piccadilly Inn Airport is working hard to meet our guests expectations. We have many new features being added including flat screen televisions, high speed internet, new bedding and much more in the pipeline. Our team thanks you for your insight and thoughtful feedback. We will continue to strive to make each of our guests have the hospitality experience that exceeds their expectation.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Reminded me of staying at grandma's house. Older, funky... but clean hotel. Still had a wallpaper border in the bathroom. (just like grandma.) (tip to hotel... TAKE IT DOWN. the border looks old and dirty, I took mine down about 10 years ago.)

Check in was friendly and kind. I checked in on October 31 and was given a trick or treat candy back at check-in. VERY COOL and appreciated right before bed. ;0) (again, thank you.. nice touch!)

Room was clean and over looked the nicely landscaped pool area. Older room, which had a comfortable bed. Older small bathroom with a funky shower head, but was good for one night.

I bet this was THE hotel in it's day.

As for the TV. Too stupid for words. When flat panel digital TV's are $200, there is NO excuse for a room with a old 1990's TV set. (I didn't even want to watch it, it hurt my eyes.)

This was only a one night stay, would I stay again... sure for the right price.

Room Tip: Book through Hotwire., the rate was $40 less. TIP to hotel. Offer the same rate as Hotwire and y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport has recently been purchased and is in the process of many new improvements including great 34" flat panel televisions, new mattresses, and bedding. We are adding improving our complimentary high speed internet with a much more effective service that will certainly be a great advantage to our guests. We are certainly committed to providing value and service to exceed our guest's expectations.
Bradley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband made reservations both by phone and in person while he and our son stayed there the week before. Once we got to the hotel, we were told we didn't have reservations and no rooms were available for that night. After much conversation and questioning why they weren't showing our reservation, the front desk staff made a discovery that when a call is made to the hotel reservation number, you are automatically directed to Expedia. It was Expedia who canceled our reservation without explanation and without any notice! This is a nice hotel and the rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a bar and restaurant on site. We only go to Fresno once a year to attend the horse races so we chose this hotel because my husband and son stayed there the week before and enjoyed their stay. Their prices are affordable but one suggestion I have is that they do something about the extremely heavy front doors. My mother-in-law needs help getting around and if was difficult to get the doors open in order to help her get inside and outside. I rated the "location" as very good because of its location near the airport only. We were in town to go to the Fair and it's quite a distance from the Fairgrounds but there are no hotels close to the Fairgrounds that we'd feel comfortable or safe staying in.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you stay above the first floor, be prepared to carry your luggage up th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm very glad we were able to get to the bottom of the reservation issue and help amend the problem. We currently have quotes to install a power door at our main entrance. We know this is certainly a feature that will aid our guests to off on the right foot as they arrive at our hotel. Our team is working hard to make you future stays with us comfortable and productive.
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I as well went for the mystery hotel at a very good price.
When we learned that is was the Piccadilly Hotel we were curious since it has recently been sold.
Since we always have early morning flights out od Fresno this was very easy to walk or take their shuttle available any time .
We had a room on the second floor with no elevator. No problem. We had nobody above us and
a lovely balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool. Our room was huge and had a new mattress, flat screen TV , fridge and coffee maker. The room was clean but dated and some of the outlets were very loose .
There is a full service restaurant and a great bar. Nice menu in the bar as well and great bartenders. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. Very quiet and lovely balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your courteous response the Piccadilly Inn Airport has been a grand flagship hotel for the Fresno area for over 30 years. Recently under new ownership, our hotel is moving forward with many new and exciting improvements. We look forward to being your home away from home during your stay in Fresno.

Been to Piccadilly Inn Airport? Share your experiences!