“a great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Oakhurst,CA
“a great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

very clean!! nice rooms a little dated but great... wouldnt stay anywhere else!!!!
nice pool spa, putting green!!!! great staff, bill at oliver's great host,just wonderfulness...nice pub...great people ,pool looks wunderbar
.......

• Stayed September 2012

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Yankton, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Piccadilly Inn regular or express? I’ve stayed at both now. The hotels are located adjacent to one another directly south of the Fresno airport. The main difference I could tell is the Piccadilly Inn Airport has a bar and restaurant the Piccadilly Express does not. I did use either the bar or restaurant during my stay. The price difference thru Kayak was $87 for the regular and $85 for the express. During my stay in the north wing of the hotel, the main door, the pop machine and the movie rental system were not working. The doorway setup does require you to walk outside, so if you have security concerns ask for the room with direct indoor access. The room was nice but nothing special. The bathroom was a bit beatup around the edges but acceptable. But the main reason to stay at this hotel (or the Express) is the very easy 2 minute hotel shuttle to the airport. If you are waiting for an early plane, and want an quick ride to the airport for under $100 a night, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: I used Kayk and got a king suite for $87 (including taxes and fees). If you have security concerns...
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the Piccadilly Inn Airport Fresno a few weeks ago for Night while having business. Parking Lot was under construction, Airport shuttle doesn't appear to run regularly. However, they will get a cab for you if necessary and cover the expense.

The rooms and property are little outdated, great price online. I would recommend if you need a place to crash for a few hours.

With some remodeling, this could be a nice hotel in a great location for business travelers flying in.

FYI...it's so close that I actually walked to the airport from my room. Took less than 5 minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for feedback. We added a beautiful new roof in 2012 and made some much needed improvement to the infrastructure. I'm excited to say that we are now scheduling many much needed improvements to bolster our guest's experience. Rooms, public space, and restaurants will soon be undergoing new and exciting changes. Thanks again for your important feedback and we wish you safe and happy travels.
Rancho Mirage, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I made my reservation by telephone I knew I was arriving after 7:30 PM on a Sunday night. I specifically asked how late the restaurant remained open and was told 9:00 PM. I also asked about pick up at the Fresno Airport and was told that service was available. When I arrived at the Fresno Airport I called the hotel for a pick up. I waited over 20 minutes (the hotel is 3 minutes away) and the driver said he was the only one on duty. I asked him about dining and he told me that the restaurant was not open on Sunday night and he knew of no nearby places to eat. When I checked in the lady at the desk was very nice and told me that I might get a "snack" in the bar and she would call the bartender and tell him I was coming. The snack consisted of corn chips and cheese nachos. The night before checkout I tried to use their public computer to get my boarding passes in advance and the computer was slower than my old "dial up" internet connections. After over 15 minutes nothing was accomplished. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and the food in the restaurant was good (when open). But, I could not recommend the hotel to travelers expecting a higher level of service and customer care.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am certainly sorry to hear of your experience. We make every effort to assure that our guests receive the service they expect. The challenges facing businesses and travelers in this economic climate are certainly noticeable. Our restaurant has closed on Sunday nights during low season for several years and I apologize that this information wasn’t conveyed to you more effectively. We do put significant thought and quality in the complimentary food that is provided in lieu of our restaurant opening that is certainly more substantial than a simple snack. I will continue to use your valuable feedback to address the situation to evolve to a better guest experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Really nice place to stay! Big rooms, very comfortable! The resturant inside has delicious food. They will even do room service, with a $10 minium, but was all good. All the workers were so nice and friendly!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for such a kind response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport staff is tireless in our efforts to occommmodate our guests. We appreciate the feedback of all of our guests as it provides us with the information vital to continue to improve our hotel.
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I had a great dinner at this hotel's restaurant 2 nights ago with 2 other people from our hiking trip to Yosemite. The waiter, Daniel, was such a professional, as was the bus boy, James, and the manager, Shawn. The food was delicious; the prices were very reasonable, and we all had a wonderful time. We didn't stay at the hotel, but we can tell you that you should eat there. Don't judge it by its dated decor -- judge it by the food and the service, which were top notch. The location, right by the airport, makes it an easy place to get to from several of the other local hotels. We walked across the street!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Our restaurant has been the focus of great effort to improve our service and food quality. Your response will help our staff feel good about their hard work knowing that their efforts are making a difference. We look forward to having you as our guest if you're back in our neighborhood again.
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Older property with great access to the airport. Shuttle available for guests. Beautiful pool and landscaping. Rooms are rather standard but very comfortable. Even had a small refrigerator. Upstairs rooms an issue - no elevator. Staff is friendly. Both restaurants are excellent. Food is fresh and not loaded with salt. We would stay there again for sure. Only negative is that the roof looked in disrepair and needs attention. Safe parking lot area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive response. GREAT NEWS! Our roof is being currently being replaced. The obvious eyesore to our property will now be the precursor to many anticipated improvements to keep our property serving our guests at the highest level. With room upgrades to follow the Piccadilly Inn Airport will continue to offer our guests their "home away from home" experience as we have for over 40 years. We welcome each and every guest response in order to better improve our hotel. Thanks again!

Been to Piccadilly Inn Airport? Share your experiences!