“A Great Place To Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Jose, California
“A Great Place To Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Like I said in the title The Comfort Suites River Park in Fresno, CA is a great place to stay.

The Entire Staff and Management went out of their way to ensure we had a great visit. We came from the bay area for the Fresno Fair which is a must see for all. The rooms were nice, clean. The property itself was also clean and well lit. Parking was fine as well. Location was centered by major streets and highways. The Management has an evening reception with free drinks and it seems to be a hit with its visitors as everyone was having a great time on a Wednesday. They offer a great breakfast in the mornings as well, you can have Eggs, Bacon, Sausage Waffles, Danish, OJ, Coffee etc etc. they have something for everyone I was impressed and didn't expect it to be that good. They also have an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. I would only recommend that you ask for a room in the rear because the room we had in the front (street view) had some traffic noise and if your a light sleeper or not used to it then it may be a problem for you. Overall I have to rate this place a 5 star! Or a 10 out of 10. I will be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear as street view may be a bit noisy if your a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CSGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear TravInSJMan,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for our property. We truly appreciate the 5 star rating you provided. I hope you enjoyed the Fresno Fair. Its a big hit every year. On behalf of our staff we appreciate your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know the next time you come to Fresno.

Thanks again!!

Mahesh Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Best hotel, of a 10 day trip. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, nice breakfast selection and the Managers Hospitality Welcome event, was an enjoyable surprise and an extra nice added touch. Other hotels could learn something here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rick,

We know that when you are away from home the last thing you want to worry about is your accommodations. We try very hard to make sure every guest feels as close as home. It was a pleasure meeting you during the Manager's Reception. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you in the future.

Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you want a reasonably priced hotel in Fresno, CA with excellent service this is the one to stay in. It isn't a hotel with a lot of frills but they are on their way up. The management is doing everything they can to make people happy with their stay. Everyone greats and welcomes guests, even the grounds keeper. All of the staff is pleasant and helpful. The upper floors are being renovated (the rooms are done, but the hallways are a work in progress) and the the lower floor will follow shortly. Excellent value and the best service of any hotel I've stayed at in at least the last 3 years. You would not expect to have the manager host a little happy hour in the lobby at a hotel at this price, but he did.

Room Tip: The upper floors have recently been updated.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CSGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Eric V,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for our property. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. We as a hotel know that its very hard to be away from home. That is why we work very hard to make sure we provide excellent service to all of our guests. I hope you choose the Comfort Suites Fresno River Park the next time you are in our area.

Respectfully,

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was by far the best comfort choice we have stayed in, and I travel a lot with my son for BMX. From the minuet I walked in the staff was friendly and the service was great. I got checked in and was in my room within a half hour of arriving.

My husband had stayed here for business and knowing that we would be in town for this race he really recommended that I book here and tell our friends to stay here as well.

Mahesh Patel the manager extended his managers special Cocktail / happy hour through out the weekend due to the amount of people that would be in Town for the BMX Race. It was a nice way of hanging out and unwind after a long day in the dirt with our kids. We got to hang out in the lobby which is very nicely decorated and comfortable.

All the rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. Great hot breakfast in the morning with all the breakfast items you would want.

Knowing that we would be out in the hot sun all day and with all the athletes, Mahesh gave me a case of water to hand out which I gladly did. This was by far beyond the best customer service that you could get from any hotel.

We will definitely stay here if we are in the area again! Wish all the hotels and staff were as friendly as they were here.

Great Job Mahesh and Staff!

Room Tip: All were good!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CSGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Lina,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time for writing a review for our property. It means a lot when I know that life is hectic as it is. For one I would like to say thanks to your husband for recommending our hotel. I enjoyed watching all the kids come through the hotel with the bikes. It actually took me back to when I was at that age. As parents it must feel special to see them compete at such a young age. Please keep us in mind for the next time you come to Fresno.

WOFFORD HEIGHTS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a nicely priced hotel with relatively easy access right from the freeway and Blackstone Ave or Herndon Ave in Fresno. We stayed in the Jazuzzi Suite which was nice, clean, and pleasant. We had a little problem with neighbors being loud, but as soon as we found the night security officer he took care of the problem and quieted everyone down. Even though this hotel is near the major roadways, the double pan windows keep it nice and quiet to sleep. I love the shutters in the window. Breakfast was very nice and the hotel was very accomodating trying to meet any and all of our needs. We will stay again.

Room Tip: The top floor is quieter according to the housekeepers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. You are correct about our windows. They are double pane so it blocks out any noise that might be out there. Considering the location we have a very quiet property. We appreciate considering us for your future stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. The staff was courteous and very attentive. Mahesh, who was at the front desk at the time of our departure ran out to out car with two bottles of water for our trip back to San Jose. The rooms were clean and the complementary breakfast was phenomenal.
Constantine Gundunas

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Constantine G,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you had a enjoyable experience. I would like to say that you have a great family. I wish you the best in life. Please reach out to me if you need anything. I hope you choose the Comfort Suites Fresno River Park the next time you are in town.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we would like to take this opportunity to thank the OWNERS and ALL the staff here. we travel every 6 weeks and have never had owners and staff take care of us soooo much!!! we have to travel and stay in hotels due to wk, so being away from home is hard enough, but, to have people take care of you and be so courteous and give you all the convenience and comforts of home is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!! thank you so much to all of you kind and generous people at Comfort Suites Fresno River Park!!! we LOVE YOU like Family!!!! we will tell everyone we know of you and we will talk about you when we are back in our homestate of TEXAS!!!!! Love Yall from TEXAS!!!!! we truly have made some new friends! especially MICHELLE at the front desk who will take care of your every need and then some! and to the owner MAHESH, what a big kind heart you have for others! never forget yall and lets keep in touch for those football games! lol. see you all again our new friends!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed for ^ weeks on 3rd floor so i have no opinion
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pam and Brent,

I want to say thank you so much for staying with us. I understand you were away from home for a extended period of time but it was difficult for us to see you go. To us your presense felt like family. I will let the whole staff know how much you enjoyed being with us. I look forward to watching football games with you in the future. GO RAIDERS!! :) I will reach out to you the next time I come to Houston. Thank you again for your kind words. We truly appreciate it.

Mahesh Patel

Been to Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark? Share your experiences!