“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Lodi, California, United States
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My sister, her 4 children and I spent 2 nights at this hotel while on a trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National parks. The hotel was in the process of getting a little TLC with new paint but the room was clean comfortable. The staff was outstanding, especially Mike. Breakfast was excellent. I would reccomend this hotel and would stay there again the next time I need to be in Fresno.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CSGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Tracie G,

I want to thank you for the great review!! Mike greatly appreciates you appreciating his services. He has been with the hotel ever since it opened.

Thank you for your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Comfort Suites Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great spot for the business traveler who needs a no-hassle place to stay in Fresno. Comfortable rooms with an energetic, helpful staff. Convenient location for getting to all parts of the city. There's coffee and breakfast in the morning and a Manager's reception in the evening.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi Bobby Deee,

Thank you so much for your review! Our staff is always trying to go above and beyond to helping our guests have a great experience. We really appreciate you taking out the time. Please keep us in mind the next time you come out to Fresno!

Comfort Suites Fresno Management
Atwater, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I had some business in Fresno and we needed to stay the night. We had stayed at another Comfort Inn in Fresno, but it was unavailable. So, we opted for the Comfort Suites River Park; excellent choice. The staff is very hospitable and helpful. There is a Manager's Reception in the evening; not a common occurance at Comfort Inns/Suites properties.

It appears to me the property is being repainted at this time; I did not confirm this by asking, but all the indications point to it.

The property is just South of River Park where there are a number of dining choices as well as shopping venues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve Bolt,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great review. It is certainly a pleasure to be of service to you during your stay in Fresno. I am happy to hear that we succeeded in making your stay satisfactory and comfortable.

We would absolutely love it if you came back and stayed with us again when you come to the Fresno area. We will definitely continue to provide our brand of service and unique amenities to you and your party.

Have a great day, and thanks again for choosing the Comfort Suites Fresno River Park.

Best Regards,

Comfort Suites Fresno Management
Davis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel's shortcomings are compensated by truly great people at the front desk. I rented two rooms with some special requests and the people at the desk were amazingly friendly, competent, and professional. They put up a nice managers reception with good local beer and wine. The hotel is being renovated and it needs it: the carpets and furnishings were worn, the bed clothes limp, and internet slow. The toilet leaked along the floor. I saw no signs of a "suite" in my room. While the hotel is easy to find, the last bit is through some labyrinthine parking lot roads. The neighborhood is fine. My sense is that most of the problems here are on the way to be repaired. The staff, including maids, seem to have a passion to get it right.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevator.
Dear David V,

Thank you for the review. You are correct about our staff. They are always upbeat when it comes to treating our guests. The hotel is being renovated. It is going to take care of all of the things you mentioned. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Fresno.

Kindest Regards,

The Comfort Suites Fresno Management
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'd previously stayed at this hotel and found it to be in need of new paint, carpet and furnishings. The new owner recognized the problems and has made a major investment in giving the property a needed facelift. I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Fresno.

The weakest spot is the quality of the free breakfast. After the first morning, I decided to skip the breakfast and drive one mile to Panera Bread Company for high quality food.

Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights. They were remodeling on the floor we stayed on so it had a large tarp hiding where they were working which was kind of creepy but it was fine. The rooms were average. There was nothing spectacular about them but they did the job. The breakfast was very good with a large variety of food. It was also in a great location near the riverpark malls. Overall this was a good place to stay just nothing fancy which was fine with us.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Staying at hotels, even the high end ones, can be a crap shoot. I have been awakened in the dark morning hours by someone above me doing aerobics and by late night revelers that do not realize that the door to their room slams. Much of this is out of the control of hotel management and I get that. To be honest, I really do not like to complain. But sometimes it is important to say 'this needs to be fixed' and to let others know what they are in for. In the instance of this particular hotel, it is not good.

Yes, it looks like they are trying to do some upgrades to this hotel. This is a good idea and much needed. But I expect more for $100 a night.
They are painting, and they are not using fume free paint. I stay in hotels primarily to sleep and the fumes in this place are toxic.
In choosing to sleep with my window open, I sacrificed quiet and dealt with the outside noise rather than the toxicity of the air. That I was forced to choose is not acceptable.

My bathroom was dirty. The toilet had some strange yellow stain on it. This is just yucky and there is no excuse for it except poor housekeeping.
The sheets on the bed were clean but dingy and old. the white pillow case were tinged with the yellow of their age.
The room carpet had not been vacuumed. Again, clearly housekeeping is not on top of their game.
Were there other things that could have been better? Yes. The gym is small and hot and the treadmill is broken. Someone played the drums on my door at 5am. You get the picture.

When I checked out I nicely told the front desk staff about all of these things. He thanked me for my comments but never took responsibility for any of it. Was I too nice? Maybe I was. But I have worked in the service industry and I know that it is very important to let people know that you heard them and that you are sorry for the bad experience. I didn't get this type of acknowledgement.
I have stayed at several Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites hotels and my experiences have always been good. I am surprised that the corporate office has not intervened. Perhaps it is time.

I relied on Trip Advisor because, in the past, they have not let me down. This time was the exception.

Room Tip: choose a room at a different hotel
Dear S D,

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize that we missed the mark on the hotel condition as well as certain amenities. Please call 559.435.5650 so we can discuss this in further detail.

Comfort Suites Management

Been to Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark? Share your experiences!