“A two-week stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Alexandria, Virginia
“A two-week stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had an excellent 15-day stay at this Courtyard recently. The best part was the hospitable staff: the shuttle bus drivers, the front desk reception, and housekeeping.

Upon arrival at Fresno-Yosemite International Airport, I called the Courtyard from the airport to have the shuttle pick me up. I discovered soon after that one of my bags did not arrive (airline staff thought a bag that arrived earlier was mine and I waited at the counter for them to retrieve it only to find out that it was not mine). The Courtyard shuttle driver patiently waited for me as I sorted things with USAir to deliver my bag to the hotel when it arrived. When my bag still did not arrive the following day and I had depleted my emergency supply of toiletries, the front desk staff generously gave me a bag with the necessary toiletries. When I tried to return these after my bag finally arrived, they graciously said I did not need to.

As a Gold Elite member, upon check in, I got a welcome letter and a $5 coupon that I could use at the Market or the bistro. This came in handy for snacks later in the week. As I was going to stay for two weeks, I requested a microwave and refrigerator and this was delivered to my room the following day. Both the microwave and mini-refrigerator worked perfectly and I really appreciated the Courtyard making it available.

One day, flowers were delivered for me. I was informed of this when I arrived at the hotel that night, and as I had my hands full, one of the wonderful reception staff walked up to my room with me with the flowers, so I did not have to return to retrieve them. I really appreciated the above and beyond service!

The exercise room has two treadmills, two elliptical machines, and weights. There is a water cooler and towels available as well.

This Courtyard is located on the opposite side of McKinley Avenue from the Fresno airport. There is a Shell gas station across the street, and a Quiznos Sub and a drive-through Starbucks. I would definitely stay at this Courtyard again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FresnoCY, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We love hearing your wonderful comments about our amazing staff at our hotel. Thank you for your business! Come back soon!

Warm Regards,

Jennifer Christensen

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This location is perfect for anyone getting in late or leaving early, we left the hotel 60 minutes before our flight, returned the rental car, went through security, stopped at Starbucks and still had to wait 15 minutes to board the plane! The building is fine, the lobby is small even for a courtyard. The staff was great and very friendly.

Room was just ok, a bit worn and dated but had some recent updates that looked like it included flat screen TV, new linens and curtains. The doors were very low budget imitation wood that were all scratched up. Overall not a great hotel, but a perfect location for the airport. - you could walk in under 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Backside looks over the pool and they are quieter since it is away from the airport.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My stay at the Courtyard was great all because of Lidia. Her smile and kindness make her an asset to this hotel! I would definitely come back for the great service that this hotel has to offer. Keep it up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
FresnoCY, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments. We at the Fresno Airport Courtyard by Marriott are so pleased to know we have great guests like yourself, who agree with our level of customer service provided by our team mates.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

As airport vicinity airports go, this one is average. Nothing special, nothing terrible. Breakfast was not included for us because we were using points. Thiswas not handled well by the front desk though. The best part of this property is not the hotel. Rather, it is the Starbucks next door. Convenient for coffee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard on a recent business trip to Fresno and found it to be OK. The staff was nice and friendly as others have noted. My room's wall thermostat didn't work and there was a very noisy AC/Heater by the window that blew cold air but it was ridiculously loud. Noise from the parking lot woke me up at 2 am- somebody was starting up a motor cycle and revving it . Not the hotel's fault but it didn't help my overall impression.
Other than that it was a pretty standard Marriott room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
FresnoCY, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I appreciate your comments, I just wanted to share a little bit of good news! We will be renovating this winter and our top priority is to show off our new look coming Spring 2013. Since we already have a fabulous staff!! We are looking forward to a few changes such as a brand new, quite, air conditioning system to help us through our hot California summers. Each room will have a fresh new look. We can't wait for your return!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I checked into the hotel and already I had a minor accident; bath oil had dripped from my car to the entrance way and through the lobby. No problem. The staff was right on it. Within 5 minutes they had begun cleaning it up. I loved how they offer you breakfast for 4 people for just $1 more than not eating. $1 can you believe it. I was traveling for the CIF state track meet so I did not have a lot of time but they were very helpful. I was allowed to take the breakfast buffet upstairs to my grandmother (who is 98 years young) and then come back and get mine. The front desk was very helpful with directions and offering me more food. It made a miserably HOT day (106+ degrees) cool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I don't stay at courtyards very often, but I have to say the staff here should give lessons to the rest of the Marriott Hotels. They are so friendly and nice you would think they were a five star hotel. The hotel is what you would expect from a Marriott property but the staff makes it far above the rest.
Charlie O

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!