“Pretty Typical Marriott” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Los Angeles, California
“Pretty Typical Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard on a recent business trip to Fresno and found it to be OK. The staff was nice and friendly as others have noted. My room's wall thermostat didn't work and there was a very noisy AC/Heater by the window that blew cold air but it was ridiculously loud. Noise from the parking lot woke me up at 2 am- somebody was starting up a motor cycle and revving it . Not the hotel's fault but it didn't help my overall impression.
Other than that it was a pretty standard Marriott room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
FresnoCY, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I appreciate your comments, I just wanted to share a little bit of good news! We will be renovating this winter and our top priority is to show off our new look coming Spring 2013. Since we already have a fabulous staff!! We are looking forward to a few changes such as a brand new, quite, air conditioning system to help us through our hot California summers. Each room will have a fresh new look. We can't wait for your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I checked into the hotel and already I had a minor accident; bath oil had dripped from my car to the entrance way and through the lobby. No problem. The staff was right on it. Within 5 minutes they had begun cleaning it up. I loved how they offer you breakfast for 4 people for just $1 more than not eating. $1 can you believe it. I was traveling for the CIF state track meet so I did not have a lot of time but they were very helpful. I was allowed to take the breakfast buffet upstairs to my grandmother (who is 98 years young) and then come back and get mine. The front desk was very helpful with directions and offering me more food. It made a miserably HOT day (106+ degrees) cool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I don't stay at courtyards very often, but I have to say the staff here should give lessons to the rest of the Marriott Hotels. They are so friendly and nice you would think they were a five star hotel. The hotel is what you would expect from a Marriott property but the staff makes it far above the rest.
Charlie O

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Staff was most friendly and helpful. Directions to nearby sites were very good. Room was very comfortable and clean. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Nothing to add about the hotel itself since a Courtyard Marriott is your cookie cutter Marriott Hotel. However, the surprise bonus for this locate is the staff, the service in the hotel lobby is outstanding. Lisa who works at the lounge area , with her million dollar smile and exceptional service made our short stay a memorable one. Ask her anything about restaurants, etc and Lisa will go out of her way to get you your answer or directions. She could rival any gold key concierge at the best hotels !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very friendly and accommodating staff. The staff answered all my questions and setup an early check in time for me and my guest as requested. This was second time staying here. I plan on staying at the location again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed the night after our trip to Yosemite, before flying out. So here is the "skinny" on this property:
Pros:
Close to the airport, almost walking distance, and will take you only a couple of minutes to get there.
They have shuttle service there.
The room was clean; with the exception of the tub drain.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. Say hello to Lisa in the lounge area, she is a gem, and they should do everything they can to keep her, as she is a real asset.
Cons:
We asked for a wake up call, and did not get it. Lucky we got up on our own.
The tub/shower drain was very blocked and the tub quickly filled up with water: ugh; who wants to take a shower in standing water?? Not I, which means I paid for a room and had to sponge bath and not wash my hair. Double ugh. The front desk was apologtic, giving us a measley 5000 additional Marriott points, yet and still...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!