“Would not recomend to the average tourist. Homeless, yes. Tourist NO.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Would not recomend to the average tourist. Homeless, yes. Tourist NO.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The part of town looks pretty nice, and when you pull up to the hotel the same applies, but on further inspection you can clearly see people are living here because they most likely have no where else to go. I was put on the back side of the hotel. The parking lot is filled with cars from the 1980's, with people seemingly going about their business all during the night.

Room Tip: Front side of the hotel., facing Shaw.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kings County
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you are looking to stay here one or two days at most then this place is ok at best. Any longer than that and I would suggest looking elsewhere. The staff was nice, the room was way smaller than I expected. I could have stayed at a Motel 6 and had a much larger room. The TV was a small 19inch as shown in the photos. The issues I had was with the exterior of the building and the room. The furniture in the room was worn, damaged and peeling. The bed had stains on the box spring and hard as rock, the floor of the shower looked either dirty or stained. I asked for a non-smoking room but you could tell it had been smoked in. The grounds surrounding the hotel was not inviting. Poor lighting, trees not trimmed, slippery leaves everywhere, and there was a old what looked like a late 60 model car covered with a tarp sitting near the main entrance. The car looked liked it had not been moved in a very long while. Not exactly what you want to see when driving up to a hotel. I would suggest parking the old car in the back of the property or on the side away from the main entrance. The location is good because it is near a lot of major business. Overall I would be very hesitant to recommend this place based on the issues I stated. If you can do without the kitchenette, there are other places that are economy but a lot nicer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one month and it was ok after my truck got broken into. The location isn't bad. The rooms are small with a little kitchenette. The walls are thin so you can hear what's going on next door and above. The staff doesn't help you in the time of need. I would not recommend even for the low budget because at the end it might cost you more.

• Stayed August 2013
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

For travelers on a budget, you cant beat the price. But, there are positives and negatives, especially for those who need a reliable internet connection.

Positives - price, kitchen with mini-stove, fridge, microwave. Location is great; close to shopping centers, freeway and Costco gas, if you have a membership card.

Negatives - incredibly lousy reception at check in. No smile, no eye contact, no more than one or two words a sentence. One of the worst receptions ever to a seasoned traveler, who spent more than 25 years in management of customer service and marketing.

Bed was so hard it wasnt much better than lying on the floor. Wireless internet service was nearly worthless, despite paying for an upgrade AND having a wireless signal booster. I recall mentioning the wireless service was working about half the time but that was a stretch. i think the reality was that the service was operable less than 10% of the time and the other 90% was spent trying to get online. Air conditioning appeared to be not working but didnt bother contacting front desk due to indifference and lack of courtesy. TV is a 17" but for the price, was expected. Cigarette odor in semi-enclosed area next to door to the stairs and elevator. Needs to be moved where theres more ventilation. Confirmed: you need to use a phone before you can actually walk in to the check in office.

Upon checking out, had a brief conversation with the general manager, who was pleasant, down to earth and offered apologies after expressing problems during my two night stay. Gen Mgr offered to give me a discount if I came back, but would have been nice to offer me a refund of fees for the virtually non existent wireless service. Gen mgr was for the most part, an good representative of the hotel and a refreshing change from the check in service. However, gen mgr did not accept responsibility for the poor wireless service and instead, blamed it on the carrier. If the carrier is so bad and complaints are prevalent, then change carriers.

Final word of advice, if wireless internet service is not improved, dont bother staying here, especially if being connected is a necessity, particularly for business travelers. If wireless service is upgraded, then it's a very good value.

Room Tip: No fitness center and no pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to read your remarks about our well- equipped kitchens and our location. Still, I sincerely apologize that you had trouble connecting to the internet and that our front desk staff did not attend to your needs properly at check-in. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will use this as a learning tool to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at frw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

They did not had any baby crib available. I had asked them while reserving the room also.
Its not family friendly hotel. The kitchen is small but does its job. We were on our way Yosemite so it was good stop over.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we do not offer baby cribs and for any inconvenience this might have caused. Still, we are glad that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen that is included.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at frw@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
bradenton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this property for 4 weeks with 2 of my employees. We had 3 rooms total.
The rooms were very small but did include a 2 burner cook top with small under counter fridge and micro. Basic cooking and eating utensils were in the cabinets. The bedding was clean and the bed was comfortable. The carpet was very dirty and the shampooing that I requested did not make much of a difference. The shower in my room was not good at all with very little pressure and a loud vibration of the pipes in the wall. The public areas including the stairwells, balconies and ground floor walkways were dirty and with litter in many areas. The vinyl siding has numerous breaks and missing pieces repaired with duct tape. Overall the exterior of the property has a shabby unkempt appearance . The clientele seems to consist of permanent residents who have lived there for years and construction workers. It is convenient to many restaurants and shopping.
Overall it is a good value at just over 30.00 per night with the monthly rate, but I would not recommend this property for family vacation travel. It is good accommodation if you are going to be in town for a while for business and have a low budget.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor as this is smoking and weather you smoke or not the neighbors fumes...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay. They have an adorable kitchenette equiped with ammenities and dish soap. Clean safe and comfortable location. Great value for service, would definately consider staying next time I visit Fresno.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and the kitchen included in it. As well, I am so happy that you found our location to be safe and comfortable.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West? Share your experiences!