For travelers on a budget, you cant beat the price. But, there are positives and negatives, especially for those who need a reliable internet connection.
Positives - price, kitchen with mini-stove, fridge, microwave. Location is great; close to shopping centers, freeway and Costco gas, if you have a membership card.
Negatives - incredibly lousy reception at check in. No smile, no eye contact, no more than one or two words a sentence. One of the worst receptions ever to a seasoned traveler, who spent more than 25 years in management of customer service and marketing.
Bed was so hard it wasnt much better than lying on the floor. Wireless internet service was nearly worthless, despite paying for an upgrade AND having a wireless signal booster. I recall mentioning the wireless service was working about half the time but that was a stretch. i think the reality was that the service was operable less than 10% of the time and the other 90% was spent trying to get online. Air conditioning appeared to be not working but didnt bother contacting front desk due to indifference and lack of courtesy. TV is a 17" but for the price, was expected. Cigarette odor in semi-enclosed area next to door to the stairs and elevator. Needs to be moved where theres more ventilation. Confirmed: you need to use a phone before you can actually walk in to the check in office.
Upon checking out, had a brief conversation with the general manager, who was pleasant, down to earth and offered apologies after expressing problems during my two night stay. Gen Mgr offered to give me a discount if I came back, but would have been nice to offer me a refund of fees for the virtually non existent wireless service. Gen mgr was for the most part, an good representative of the hotel and a refreshing change from the check in service. However, gen mgr did not accept responsibility for the poor wireless service and instead, blamed it on the carrier. If the carrier is so bad and complaints are prevalent, then change carriers.
Final word of advice, if wireless internet service is not improved, dont bother staying here, especially if being connected is a necessity, particularly for business travelers. If wireless service is upgraded, then it's a very good value.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crossland Economy Studios Fresno Hotel Fresno
- Extended Stay America Fresno