“We slept” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Templeton, California
“We slept”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Tucked behind malls and apartment complexes in N. Fresno, we felt like we were rooming in East LA. First red flag is having to be buzzed into the office--in the middle of the Day?! The only thing at night that was missing was the sirens and gunfire, but we had plenty of yelling and screaming from the other guests to make up for it. The manager and staff were helpful and friendly, but even for that price, we won't be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Allison - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you found myself and our staff to be helpful as well as friendly. Still, I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noises from other rooms throughout the night and felt unsafe at our hotel. Please know, we take guest safety very seriously, which is why we have the buzzer for our front door in place. While we are located in a great neighborhood, we are proactively ensuring our guests are comfortable and out of harm's way by having this security feature.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edinburg, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Three years ago - we stayed for a week - ok then, but this year in April 5, 2013 we didn't get what we bargained for - room was so little (no table, no pots and pans, no cups, smelling). Manager not a friendly person at all, which trickler down to the employees. I had a tiny little puppy - which weighs less than 4 lbs and charged me $25.00 for one day in addition the room rate - bill came up to $85.00 (this is amount of money I could have a stayed at La Quinta, Days Inn which provides free breakfast and pets stay free.

I will never stay here again (I ended staying at another location for another 10 days and got a better price and better service)

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Terri - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The staff and I read your comments about your stay and want to apologize for not being able to to waive the pet fee during your stay. As well, I am deeply saddened to read that the staff were not attentive to your needs. To ensure these types of situations do not happen again, I am working with the staff on the best ways to provide customer service to our guests and also reviewing the pet policy so it is communicated better during check-in.

The situation you described regarding our pet fee is truly regrettable, but as you can imagine quite necessary. We are very sorry for your experience. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing.f you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at frw@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Because of being a guest, I have been considering on being a fulltime customer soon with the extended stay package. The employees were very helpful and nice. The manager was also very understanding. The rooms were always cean n quiet as well

• Stayed March 2013
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and you are considering staying long-term! I'm so glad to hear that you loved the rooms and the staff.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My expectations were not only met, but exceeded. The staff, from manager Catherine to Val in maintenance and everyone else with whom I've has interaction, are professional, courteous, meticulous and quite friendly in general. Whether requesting an extra blanket or recommendations for area restaurants, each inquiry was addressed quickly and treated as an opportunity to assist the guests.
The accommodations are comfortable and cozy, the kitchen small but functional and the bathroom downright roomy with a large shower and excellent water pressure.
I've paid much higher prices to stay in places with much lower standards of cleanliness and helpfulness. I will not only highly recommend Crossland Economy Studios, I'll be extremely happy to return any, and every time I'm in the area!
Thank you to all for making my stay here such a wonderful experience~

• Stayed March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for writing such wonderful things. I'm so pleased to hear that Catherine, Val, and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure all of your requests were met!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for twelve days and it was so comfortable, each room is a studio with a two burner stove top a kitchen sink, even pots, pans, cutlery, dish rack and large comfortable bed. The rooms on the third floor are smoking rooms and that's perfect for me cause I smoke. There's an ihop and burger king in the same parking lot. Target is a block away as is Walmart and a movie theater across the street. And last but not least, the staff is just great. They are so nice and helpful if you need fresh towels or linens there's always some available, there's even a laundromat for guest use. Now top all that off with a great nightly, weekly or monthly rate and this place, hands down is simply wonderful! I highly recommend it and I've stayed here 3 times now and ill be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2013
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved all of the amenities we have to offer! I’m happy that the location was also so convenient for you.

It’s so great to hear that you keep coming back to stay with us! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I couldn't believe that a friend of mine had found a place for us to stay for $42.00 a night. I was very skeptical about staying in a place that cheap. I was impressed when I drove up to the facility with the landscaping and general location. Plus, it was very clean and located in a safe area. The room was not fancy but met my needs very well. I really enjoyed the small kitchenette area and overall was very pleased with the accommodations. A very good value at the price. I will search the extended stays in the future for my business travel.

Room Tip: I was on the back side and it was very quiet. A friend was on the front side and it was a little mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and tell how much I enjoyed reading your review of Crossland Economy Studios, Fresno West. Your comments about our hotel are just lovely.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. Please let us know when you will be coming back to Fresno. It would be our pleasure to take care of all your lodging needs.
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Since this place was part of the Extended Stay America chain I thought it would be decent...not as nice because of the price but I expected it to at least be clean and provide the basics (like towels, washcloths, toilet paper). To my shock and disbelief, the place is filthy, full of drug dealers and hookers, homeless drunks sleeping in the hallways, and while I was there the office staff was invaded by an armed robber who pulled a gun on them demanding cash from the safe. The carpets are so disgusting I felt like I needed to spray them with Lysol just to walk on them (even in my shoes), they never have clean washcloths or towels, and I was even told they had NO TOILET PAPER when I needed it!!!!!!!!
A lesson learned...you get what you pay for. DON'T stay here, it's the creepiest place I have ever been.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. After reading your feedback, I am disheartened that your time with us was not satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced and the situation which took place at our hotel.

One of our biggest priorities is to ensure the safety of our guests, and I promise that is exactly what we did during your stay. I am saddened to know that you were affected; however, yourself and our other guests were not in harms way. As well, I am sorry that the level of cleanliness at our property did not meet your expectations. I have spoken with our staff about cleaning procedures and inspection guidelines, which will help us to improve.

Once more, I am very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. We are redoubling our efforts and would love to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West? Share your experiences!