“Five-star staff at a bargain price!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #41 of 65 hotels in Fresno
“Five-star staff at a bargain price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My expectations were not only met, but exceeded. The staff, from manager Catherine to Val in maintenance and everyone else with whom I've has interaction, are professional, courteous, meticulous and quite friendly in general. Whether requesting an extra blanket or recommendations for area restaurants, each inquiry was addressed quickly and treated as an opportunity to assist the guests.
The accommodations are comfortable and cozy, the kitchen small but functional and the bathroom downright roomy with a large shower and excellent water pressure.
I've paid much higher prices to stay in places with much lower standards of cleanliness and helpfulness. I will not only highly recommend Crossland Economy Studios, I'll be extremely happy to return any, and every time I'm in the area!
Thank you to all for making my stay here such a wonderful experience~

• Stayed March 2013
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for writing such wonderful things. I'm so pleased to hear that Catherine, Val, and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure all of your requests were met!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for twelve days and it was so comfortable, each room is a studio with a two burner stove top a kitchen sink, even pots, pans, cutlery, dish rack and large comfortable bed. The rooms on the third floor are smoking rooms and that's perfect for me cause I smoke. There's an ihop and burger king in the same parking lot. Target is a block away as is Walmart and a movie theater across the street. And last but not least, the staff is just great. They are so nice and helpful if you need fresh towels or linens there's always some available, there's even a laundromat for guest use. Now top all that off with a great nightly, weekly or monthly rate and this place, hands down is simply wonderful! I highly recommend it and I've stayed here 3 times now and ill be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2013
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved all of the amenities we have to offer! I’m happy that the location was also so convenient for you.

It’s so great to hear that you keep coming back to stay with us! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I couldn't believe that a friend of mine had found a place for us to stay for $42.00 a night. I was very skeptical about staying in a place that cheap. I was impressed when I drove up to the facility with the landscaping and general location. Plus, it was very clean and located in a safe area. The room was not fancy but met my needs very well. I really enjoyed the small kitchenette area and overall was very pleased with the accommodations. A very good value at the price. I will search the extended stays in the future for my business travel.

Room Tip: I was on the back side and it was very quiet. A friend was on the front side and it was a little mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and tell how much I enjoyed reading your review of Crossland Economy Studios, Fresno West. Your comments about our hotel are just lovely.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. Please let us know when you will be coming back to Fresno. It would be our pleasure to take care of all your lodging needs.
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Since this place was part of the Extended Stay America chain I thought it would be decent...not as nice because of the price but I expected it to at least be clean and provide the basics (like towels, washcloths, toilet paper). To my shock and disbelief, the place is filthy, full of drug dealers and hookers, homeless drunks sleeping in the hallways, and while I was there the office staff was invaded by an armed robber who pulled a gun on them demanding cash from the safe. The carpets are so disgusting I felt like I needed to spray them with Lysol just to walk on them (even in my shoes), they never have clean washcloths or towels, and I was even told they had NO TOILET PAPER when I needed it!!!!!!!!
A lesson learned...you get what you pay for. DON'T stay here, it's the creepiest place I have ever been.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. After reading your feedback, I am disheartened that your time with us was not satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced and the situation which took place at our hotel.

One of our biggest priorities is to ensure the safety of our guests, and I promise that is exactly what we did during your stay. I am saddened to know that you were affected; however, yourself and our other guests were not in harms way. As well, I am sorry that the level of cleanliness at our property did not meet your expectations. I have spoken with our staff about cleaning procedures and inspection guidelines, which will help us to improve.

Once more, I am very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. We are redoubling our efforts and would love to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Try the rooms at american best value on clovis ave and shaw the rooms on the left are equivalent to a furnished studio apt with full size appliances quiet & amazingly worth the extra dollar$ girlscouts honor.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Economy Studios Fresno. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please Accept my most sincere apologies. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests will want to come back.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.
Olympia, WA.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Last year, we were able to tough out our stay at this hotel. I would have thought people were over-stating the bad. This year, we thought we could stay here for two nights. We checked in (friendly staff) and went to our room. I did not feel safe at all. The folks living at this location watch everything you carry from your car to your room. Made me feel like we were invading their territory...and that they were watching to see if they wanted what we had. Once in the room, the stove burner wouldn't turn off (had been left on when we walked in) and the refrigerator leaked. The bathroom was dirty and had a "smell". Once we turned back the beds, we noticed a dark stain on the sides and top of the mattress. We tried to stay the first night, and none of us slept. Between the rock-hard mattress and the prostitutes walking up and down the hallway offering services, it wa hard to feel safe enough to fall asleep. We checked out the next morning, and the manager asked why. We told her everything, and later found out that the stains were positive for blood. Yuck!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Economy Studios Fresno. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Westland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is the only review i've ever written on a hotel. I'm only writing this to warn people from wasting their money. I'm not a picky person AT ALL when it comes to hotels. The only people that have written good comments on this hotel are probably the people that LIVE in the hotel (because people do). This is more of an apartment complex than a hotel. At check-in I had to wait for a woman to get her towels for her apartment who told the woman working the front desk to stop by and visit soon. Even unloading our luggage was uncomfortable because all the tenants in the place just stared down on you watching you come into their "home". First room LITERALLY someone pee'd in the room. It was obvious. It smelled like someone pee'd every where in the room. I went and got a new room and the next room smelled like someone poured out a million ash trays in the room. I come from a family of all smokers so im not bothered by smoke but this room was ridiculous. The curtain was burnt for christ sake. It stunk so bad that I just packed up and went down the road to another hotel for about 10.00 more which was SOOO MUCH BETTER. I promise you, even if you have to pay 20.00 more for the night do it, this place isn't horrible. I'm only writing this to warn you lol.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West? Share your experiences!