“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
dallas
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

I had planned to stay a couple nights during a relocation and wound up here for just over 2 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised given some of the other reviews. Office and staff were always friendly and helpful; room clean and basic amenities needed for an extended stay. Never had noise problems (2nd floor). One small problem was addressed and taken care of quickly. Yes, the beds are FIRM - maybe too much so for some, but I can sleep on a rock and was fine. Note: front desk did say there were a couple times a year a group of Harley enthusiasts come through and that can get a little loud. I had almost three weeks of good service. I would stay here again, and for the rate it's a great value

Stayed January 2008
Manager-FRW, Hotel Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
"How kind of to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Fresno - West. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Novato, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

I booked this hotel on Hotwire. Normally I book hotels that are at least three stars but since this was only for one night we went for two star. I was very disappointed.

For some reason this Crossland used the Extended Stay America name and logo. The Extended Stay website is listed on the sign at the entrance. When we arrived we remarked that it didn't look like any other Extended Stay America that we had seen.

Our non smoking room was full of cigarette smoke. We realized this after we got through the heavy smell of cheap air freshener used to try and cover it up.

There were lights that we couldn't get to turn on and the fan over the stove we could barely get to turn off. Also, we had an outlet for the alarm clock that didn't work.

Oh yes, and the wildlife. There was a roach in my sisters room. Yes, a roach. Disgusting.

The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. Try putting two by fours on your floor and covering them with sheets. Now curl up and try to go to sleep. That is what it felt like to sleep in the bed at Crossland.

Seriously, when you see this place run, drive, paddle, fly away.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The awful cigarette smoke
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indio, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

This motel is okay if only staying for one night. It looks good from the outside. The rooms are small. We had a full size bed.
Although it is near shopping and restaurants. There is a movie theater accross the street. So it is convienent to most things in town.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2004

Crossland was great! The rooms are inexpensive and everything was nice and clean. And I really liked having a kitchenette in my room. It's very close to the finer shopping and dining areas of Fresno, and the Management, maids and grounds keepers were all friendly and helpful. As a woman traveling alone I felt safe I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2004
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2003

I've stayed at this location at least 3 times. I've had no problems here. The rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2003

The hotel was awful. There was a roach stain on the wall that hadn't been clean. The room had an odor. The bed was small and basic & didn't smell clean at all. The bathroom had hair in the sink. There was only a shower and no bath. The kitchen was so tiny you could hardly move around. The t.v. had no good channels only basic and the hotel was NOT clean overall. I advise you to go to motel 6 which is already sleezy, instead. This is not a good area for you to stay at and plus the hotel expects you to clean up the room after you leave or else you will be charged a fee. Oh, and I didn't see any maids come clean any of the room during my two day stay there. I don't think they do any cleaning at all. Beware, this place is dirty.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2003

Horrible is not the word!@#$@! We got smoked, flooded, and baked. This place is not fit for my dog!

The staff was out of the office, smoking, when we first arrived. The office person charged our credit card twice for the room, and the elevator to the second floor was full of smoke. We then we saw that our room was small, smoky smelling, and the toilet didn't quit running.
There was no cooktop, and only a dorm-size fridge. We called for the toilet to be fixed, which we were told would not happen until the next day because it was Sunday evening. The place was sweltering hot and dirty (hair left in the bathroom, etc).

The next day, the repairman fixed the running toilet so that it didn't run - but didn't flush at all. We tried to get the credit card problems fixed, but were told that it couldn't be done until the next day because no one was around that did that sort of thing. The staff smoked continuously in the passageway near the elevator (the only way to reach the second floor). No one knew any directions to local stores or to the Sequoia park nearby.

Do not stay here. This place was worse than any of the cheaper places we stayed at on our visit to California.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West? Share your experiences!