“Don't waste your time trying to stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #38 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Olympia, WA.
“Don't waste your time trying to stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Last year, we were able to tough out our stay at this hotel. I would have thought people were over-stating the bad. This year, we thought we could stay here for two nights. We checked in (friendly staff) and went to our room. I did not feel safe at all. The folks living at this location watch everything you carry from your car to your room. Made me feel like we were invading their territory...and that they were watching to see if they wanted what we had. Once in the room, the stove burner wouldn't turn off (had been left on when we walked in) and the refrigerator leaked. The bathroom was dirty and had a "smell". Once we turned back the beds, we noticed a dark stain on the sides and top of the mattress. We tried to stay the first night, and none of us slept. Between the rock-hard mattress and the prostitutes walking up and down the hallway offering services, it wa hard to feel safe enough to fall asleep. We checked out the next morning, and the manager asked why. We told her everything, and later found out that the stains were positive for blood. Yuck!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Economy Studios Fresno. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Westland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is the only review i've ever written on a hotel. I'm only writing this to warn people from wasting their money. I'm not a picky person AT ALL when it comes to hotels. The only people that have written good comments on this hotel are probably the people that LIVE in the hotel (because people do). This is more of an apartment complex than a hotel. At check-in I had to wait for a woman to get her towels for her apartment who told the woman working the front desk to stop by and visit soon. Even unloading our luggage was uncomfortable because all the tenants in the place just stared down on you watching you come into their "home". First room LITERALLY someone pee'd in the room. It was obvious. It smelled like someone pee'd every where in the room. I went and got a new room and the next room smelled like someone poured out a million ash trays in the room. I come from a family of all smokers so im not bothered by smoke but this room was ridiculous. The curtain was burnt for christ sake. It stunk so bad that I just packed up and went down the road to another hotel for about 10.00 more which was SOOO MUCH BETTER. I promise you, even if you have to pay 20.00 more for the night do it, this place isn't horrible. I'm only writing this to warn you lol.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012 via mobile

Excellent lodging facility. Manager was very helpful, very professional. Great value.

• Stayed July 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

Well, coming into this place I had very LOW standards. I had read numerous bad reviews and was worried it would suck. But suprisingly enough, it wasn't half bad :D it was a really great stay. I mean the room is nice, especially since it was very cheap. I had a really great time. I ran into no problems. The room was clean and neat when I got there no bugs or smelly blankets. Overall it was very pleasant. I mean you hear a lot of weird sound out there but hey, that's Fresno. If you need a cheap place to stay I suggest you stay here because well, its not half bad :)

• Stayed January 2012
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

this hotel was horrible, it smelled like smoke. everyone was rude. the front desk agnet cussed me out when i was checking me out.

i saw several employees taking money from guest to allow "females" to enter their room.

this hotel no matter how cheap is not worth it.

my biggest complaint was i was sleeping and at 9am, a housekeeper walks into my room and turns on all my lights. she noticed me and "you need to leave so i can clean your room".
what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay away from hookers
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Small. Includes kitchenette, table, dishes, sink, fridge and coffee pot. I'm in room 231 and there are children running wild and management could care less. Bed quilt has burn holes. Shower is not in the best shape. The beds are a bit stiff but will do. Towels are ample and stocked well. No shampoo or breakfast. There is no housekeeper but I was told this at check-in. The staff that checked me in was friendly and fast. Nothin special but worth the money for a little longer stay in the area. Close to highway 99, ihop,

Room Tip: Ask for the less popular 3rd floor if quiet is what you want.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Her is the deal. My wife and 2 young children have been traveling the west for the past 5 weeks in our camper van. After a long day hiking Yosemite and having no luck finding a campground, they thought they would try this hotel just for the A/C, shower and a bed.

Well, after looking at 9 horrible rooms, my young 11 year old daughter commented that the man in the room next door was sitting on the floor with a needle in his arm and the door open. Oh goody, lessons on intravenous drug use for my 11 and 5 year old.

Suffice to say they advised the desk person that they would not be staying and get this, the front desk person shrugged like it was no big deal and we should have known.

Further, when I voiced my complaint to the customer service line, they acted the same way.

Bye bye forever to this entire group and you know what? My company (of which I am the owner) booked over 102 days last year at Homestead Suites and that will never happen again. This company is off our approved list.

Room Tip: It's a flop house, avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West? Share your experiences!