“Better then I expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Better then I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

Well, coming into this place I had very LOW standards. I had read numerous bad reviews and was worried it would suck. But suprisingly enough, it wasn't half bad :D it was a really great stay. I mean the room is nice, especially since it was very cheap. I had a really great time. I ran into no problems. The room was clean and neat when I got there no bugs or smelly blankets. Overall it was very pleasant. I mean you hear a lot of weird sound out there but hey, that's Fresno. If you need a cheap place to stay I suggest you stay here because well, its not half bad :)

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

this hotel was horrible, it smelled like smoke. everyone was rude. the front desk agnet cussed me out when i was checking me out.

i saw several employees taking money from guest to allow "females" to enter their room.

this hotel no matter how cheap is not worth it.

my biggest complaint was i was sleeping and at 9am, a housekeeper walks into my room and turns on all my lights. she noticed me and "you need to leave so i can clean your room".
what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay away from hookers
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Small. Includes kitchenette, table, dishes, sink, fridge and coffee pot. I'm in room 231 and there are children running wild and management could care less. Bed quilt has burn holes. Shower is not in the best shape. The beds are a bit stiff but will do. Towels are ample and stocked well. No shampoo or breakfast. There is no housekeeper but I was told this at check-in. The staff that checked me in was friendly and fast. Nothin special but worth the money for a little longer stay in the area. Close to highway 99, ihop,

Room Tip: Ask for the less popular 3rd floor if quiet is what you want.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Her is the deal. My wife and 2 young children have been traveling the west for the past 5 weeks in our camper van. After a long day hiking Yosemite and having no luck finding a campground, they thought they would try this hotel just for the A/C, shower and a bed.

Well, after looking at 9 horrible rooms, my young 11 year old daughter commented that the man in the room next door was sitting on the floor with a needle in his arm and the door open. Oh goody, lessons on intravenous drug use for my 11 and 5 year old.

Suffice to say they advised the desk person that they would not be staying and get this, the front desk person shrugged like it was no big deal and we should have known.

Further, when I voiced my complaint to the customer service line, they acted the same way.

Bye bye forever to this entire group and you know what? My company (of which I am the owner) booked over 102 days last year at Homestead Suites and that will never happen again. This company is off our approved list.

Room Tip: It's a flop house, avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I did not have a good experience with my stay in this hotel due to the following reasons:
1. Checking into the hotel took a long time as hotel staff was new and did not know what to do.
2. Hotel room was very small and cramped.
3. We were only given a full-size bed for two adults, which was too small. Bed was of poor quality, every time we turned the mattress or box spring made a noise.
4. Bathroom was not clean, especially the shower floor and the sink faucet.
5. Shower head was in poor condition as water did not come out evenly. There was also not enough water pressure in the shower.
6. Toilet seat was broken and taped up. This was unacceptable for hygienic reasons as germs can get under the tape.
Luckily we only stayed there for one night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

It's a Crossland, so you know you are gonna be sleeping on plywood (oh, that really was a matress?). Rooms are a little dim, but I can deal with it. Small refrigerator, microwave and a couple of burners (so you can actually cook, unless you wanna bake). Bathroom seemed a bit small, and I detest the shower in these places (I mean, the water ends up all over the floor...sigh...

Are there some sketchy looking people around the hotel? Yes. But I was never harassed.

BUT THE BEDS ARE ROCK HARD!

So I can't recommend this place. Sorry.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cupertino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My family stayed here for one night, and it was a bad experience for us. First of all, its location is deceptive since it really isn't located on Shaw Street, but is set way back from this street, and is off of Valentine. There was a burned out ceiling lamp, the mattresses were extremely stiff and creaky when you sat on it. The bedspreads had cigarette burn holes on them. The shower head was damaged and the shower was filthy. On the ground level, there are torn and stained curtains. Noises easily transfer through the walls. Also, two rooms down from our 2nd story room, a young woman in her 20's crawled through the unlocked front window of a room. That was scary!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West? Share your experiences!