“Good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Summerfield Inn

Save Saved
You added Summerfield Inn to your Saves list
Summerfield Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6309 N. Blackstone Ave., Fresno, CA 93710 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The room was comfortable and bigger than I expected. It was quiet. The only complaint was that the air conditioning blew into the drapes rather than the room so the room wasn't as cool as it could have been.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

After visiting Sequoia National Park we arrived in Fresno and found this hotel via a coupon magazine. The host was very friendly and answered all the questions we had. He gave us a room with a jacuzzi which was a very nice surprise. The room was quite spacious and had all the amenities we needed. Bathroom was clean as well. The beds were comfortable so we had a good nights sleep. The continental breakfast was set up in one of the rooms next to the reception desk. It was small but it had all the basics, enough to get the day started. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Knowing we would only be staying to sleep on this particular night, I searched for a reasonably priced hotel in Fresno reasonably close to the airport with decent reviews. I was not looking for anything luxurious. My only other requirements were safe and clean. We had no issues relative to safety or even feeling unsafe, but the room was disgusting. We arrived quite late and just wanted to sleep. The first thing we noticed when arriving in our room was a foul smell. I cannot even describe what the smell was - maybe a combination of dirty bodies and rotten food. It made me want to vomit. Then everywhere we looked you could see where the room needed to be cleaned - spots on the walls, hair in the shower, etc. The shower/tub did not drain properly so while showering you ended up standing in 5 or 6 inches of water. It was so late we did not ask for another room. We figured they would all have the same level of cleanliness. In addition, further down the courtyard was a group of very loud people. Our room was about as far away from them as you could get at this motel. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

If you need a clean, safe room for the evening that is close to shopping and dining; this is a great option and a great value. Room cleaned daily, room coffee restocked, safe area. No complaints on my end as a single traveler for the weekend.

• Stayed April 2014
Vallejo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wrestling team stayed here while competing at a tournament at the convention center. It is the best value for what you pay for. I am a La Quinta member but the LQ near the convention center wanted to charge me $20/nite for a microwave & fridge. No thanks when I can get it at the Summerfield Inn for free.
The hotel location & the cleanliness of the rooms are very good. The sleep quality was average b/c of the traffic noise coming from the street. In hindsight, I should have requested our rooms to be at the back of the property as it is probably less noisy. But I'm superstitious as whenever we book Rooms 105 & 106, my team does well (booked here the last 3 years). Still, I was able to get a solid nite of sleep.
As far as service is concerned, Rick (owner) made sure our accommodations were EXCELLENT. The few times that I had a minor issue come up, he & his wife promptly resolved it. He also went above & beyond to make sure we were well taken of by opening the continental breakfast an hour early (6am as opposed to 7am) so we could make it to the tournament on time. The breakfast is graded an A-. Sure it's not an expanded continental breakfast, but it has more than your average continental (which consists of just pastries, coffee, & juice). The Summerfield had fruits, an abundance of yogurts, cereal, lots of juices, bagels, toast, & oatmeal. We filled up pretty good w/ this spread.
The only minor things that can be tweaked are more towels in the rooms & the cleanliness of the pool. The pool WASN'T despicable. Just some leaves & stuff on the pool bottom. That's it. The kids & I still took a dip in it for 30 minutes even tho it was ice cold!!
Again, the best value in all of Fresno. We are definitely coming back, but don't count on me telling the other coaches about this hidden gem. I want to make sure they have availability for me for next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Culver City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I checked out a few other places on the same street, but the Summerfield inn was one of the better ones. Well maintained and attractive from the outside. Rooms were pretty basic, but again we'll kept. It's seems they are remodeling which only means more improvements must be coming. I wasn't traveling with my dog that night so it was ok but the only negative is they do not allow pets!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here from Wisconsin in July, with my two sons while traveling to Yosemite Nat'l Park. The property is SUPER CLEAN. The room(130) was clean and comfortable. My only room complaint was that the bathtub bottom surface is slippery while taking a shower. Continental breakfast is VERY BASIC. But for the price paid o.k. We stayed on a Saturday night with a good amount of contractors trucks in the parking lot; but this Inn was very quiet. We would stay here again.The staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: We looked up this Inn on TripAdvisor before we stayed here.