“Not clean, over priced in its category” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Summerfield Inn

Save Saved
You added Summerfield Inn to your Saves list
Summerfield Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6309 N. Blackstone Ave., Fresno, CA 93710 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Around the world
“Not clean, over priced in its category”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for one night on my way from LA to Yosemite park, from the first look the room looks good and it was late and we were desperate to sleep, so I booked and payed a 79$++
When I went to the room I found food remain on the desk chair ??!! , and the bed cover has a very big blue stain ?! and when i remove it I found the blanket underneath has two holes on them ?!
The bed sheet was 100% polyester no cotton which itches me the whole night
I will never ever sleep there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SummerfieldInn, Manager at Summerfield Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guest as their comments are vital to us to continue improving our accommodations. While the lack of service you have experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel their is no excuse for carelessness. The problems you have encountered with your stay have been brought to our attention, which will enable us to make all necessary improvements. Once again, we would like to take the time and apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Thank you again for letting us know how your stay was and thank you for staying with Summerfield Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Yuba City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed. Room had fridge, microwave and coffee pot but no do not disturb sign or luggage stand. Had three chairs and a table and TV was okay. It has a pool and a complimentary breakfast. The way the set up is (U shaped), anytime anyone got in or out of a car it sounded like it was in front of my room. Could heard the guy in the next room snoring and there was racing on the street in front of the motel. It was close to food, shopping and gas. Not sure if I will stay there again. Maybe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

First, the plus side: The air conditioner in the room worked well (which was good, as the temp. was 103°F). The bed was firm, and the room had plenty of space to spread out. The plugs were easily accessible for my laptop, and the wifi worked great. The mini-fridge was great.

On the minus side: the walls are thin, and if you have a loud party next door, it may be a bit difficult to get to sleep. The card key didn't work reliably; it took me five tries to get the door open on a couple of occasions.

Location: There are some fast food places nearby, and access to state route 41 is easy. Otherwise, the hotel is in the midst of auto and tire stores. There's a Target down the street, as well as (further down) a 24-hour FoodMax grocery.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Plymouth, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I think if you stayed here with a coupon like some of the previous reviewers this place would be okay value but if you paid the full rate like myself it was not good value.
The place is pretty old and the rooms are tired and smell a bit musty when you enter but are just acceptable overall.
The breakfast is small with limited choice so was not very memorable.
The self service laundry was disgusting with an overflowing rubbish bin which stunk so bad you wanted to vomit.The only remedy was to put it far away outside the room.
The laundry machines themselves were dirty and poorly maintained with the hot cycle on the washing machine not working or maybe disabled to save money(not sure which).
Tried to get some more pillows while I was there but housekeeping seemed to have taken the key to the store or something similar so this was a huge drama eventually being resolved by some appearing out of the office.
It seemed on the whole that the place was a bit unloved and that no one seemed to take pride in the little things.
However I will say that the poor guy on the counter while we were there(Marc I think) did his best and deserved a medal as he was going like a one armed paper hanger and was pretty stressed but remained calm and professional which was a nice touch.
Overall though I would not go back here as it is just a bit rough for my liking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed 1 night on the way to Yosemite. Used motel.com coupon and got a very good rate. Remodeled units that were very clean with all the usual amenities. Pillows extremely small so we had extras delivered. Had the pool to myself as we were there early. Didn't find out that the TV was nothing but snow until we came back from seeing the sites so didn't bother to complain. I believe it was room #127. Room had that disinfectant smell that other reviews have mentioned so we left window open. Motel seems to be used by out of town workers who spend their evenings sitting outside and talking until 10pm. We left at 6am so can not comment on the quality of the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall a nice property. Much better value than some down the street. Simple rooms but had all the standard amenities including continental breakfast. Extra pillows and towels were brought to us within minutes. We will return on a future visit to Fresno.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This motel is several steps above motel 6 . It is clean and well maintained. When I first checked in, the TV didn't work, so they moved me to another room, no problem. They have everything I'd expect from decent flop. Mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, blow dryer, etc. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is fine. The shower has decent water pressure. All in all, for the money, a nice room. The Continental breakfast was minimal, but acceptable. The staff was very nice. Bottom line is, if I'm on a budget and in Fresno, this is where I'm staying.

Room Tip: As alway, bring a soft towel and ear plugs.