“Pretty Rough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Summerfield Inn

Save Saved
You added Summerfield Inn to your Saves list
Summerfield Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6309 N. Blackstone Ave., Fresno, CA 93710 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #38 of 65 hotels in Fresno
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Pretty Rough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I think if you stayed here with a coupon like some of the previous reviewers this place would be okay value but if you paid the full rate like myself it was not good value.
The place is pretty old and the rooms are tired and smell a bit musty when you enter but are just acceptable overall.
The breakfast is small with limited choice so was not very memorable.
The self service laundry was disgusting with an overflowing rubbish bin which stunk so bad you wanted to vomit.The only remedy was to put it far away outside the room.
The laundry machines themselves were dirty and poorly maintained with the hot cycle on the washing machine not working or maybe disabled to save money(not sure which).
Tried to get some more pillows while I was there but housekeeping seemed to have taken the key to the store or something similar so this was a huge drama eventually being resolved by some appearing out of the office.
It seemed on the whole that the place was a bit unloved and that no one seemed to take pride in the little things.
However I will say that the poor guy on the counter while we were there(Marc I think) did his best and deserved a medal as he was going like a one armed paper hanger and was pretty stressed but remained calm and professional which was a nice touch.
Overall though I would not go back here as it is just a bit rough for my liking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed 1 night on the way to Yosemite. Used motel.com coupon and got a very good rate. Remodeled units that were very clean with all the usual amenities. Pillows extremely small so we had extras delivered. Had the pool to myself as we were there early. Didn't find out that the TV was nothing but snow until we came back from seeing the sites so didn't bother to complain. I believe it was room #127. Room had that disinfectant smell that other reviews have mentioned so we left window open. Motel seems to be used by out of town workers who spend their evenings sitting outside and talking until 10pm. We left at 6am so can not comment on the quality of the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall a nice property. Much better value than some down the street. Simple rooms but had all the standard amenities including continental breakfast. Extra pillows and towels were brought to us within minutes. We will return on a future visit to Fresno.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This motel is several steps above motel 6 . It is clean and well maintained. When I first checked in, the TV didn't work, so they moved me to another room, no problem. They have everything I'd expect from decent flop. Mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, blow dryer, etc. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is fine. The shower has decent water pressure. All in all, for the money, a nice room. The Continental breakfast was minimal, but acceptable. The staff was very nice. Bottom line is, if I'm on a budget and in Fresno, this is where I'm staying.

Room Tip: As alway, bring a soft towel and ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here after reading a couple of reviews and we had a coupon. For $67 a night, it was great value. Not a fantastic location for shops restaurants etc, lots of businesses like tyres, sporting goods, motorcycle shops etc. The room wasn't huge, but it was clean and the bathroom was too. There was a weird smell, as mentioned in another review. I think they may have overdone it with some sort of air freshener.
Complimentary breakfast was basic but good, enough to get you ready for the day. The breakfast room itself was small but clean.
Overall, great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My new place when I visit Fresno. The Summerfield inn is an older, but a renovated and very well maintained property. Its an exterior hotel where I can park right in front of my room which I absolutely love. The room was clean and had all the basic amenities a business traveler would need on the go. Continental breakfast was actually much better compared to others. Overall a great place for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palo Alto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this place on February 1st for one night. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was an odor. It smelled like possibly an air freshner was used in the room. It wasn't a bad smell but annoying none the less. I opened the window for a half an hour and the odor did not go away. Since I was in Fresno for a concert, I did not use the room too much before the concert. The electric out let by the sink was not flush with the wall. What appeared to be a phone jack in the bathroom was warped. The top part of the front door lock (the one that swings over the ball attached to the door and has the long hole in it) was loose. There was no real closet space but does have an iron and ironing board. There are no towel racks.But what really forced me to give this place a low rating was when I used the toilet (after the concert) there was a band-aid floating in the toilet bowl and what looked like scum in the toilet bowl. Possibly soap film or cleaner film? Also when I used the toilet it did not flush. I took off the top of the tank and discovered that the bead chain that attaches to the handle for the plunger in the tank was not attached. I fixed this myself. The bathroom also did not have any face towels, only shower towels and washcloths. The toilet seat was loose. The iron also still had water in it. It appeared that the odor did disapate after I flushed the toilet, so it may have been the product used in the toilet bowl.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SummerfieldInn, General Manager at Summerfield Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guest as their comments are vital to us to continue improving our accommodations. While the lack of service you have experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel their is no excuse for carelessness. The problems you have encountered with your stay have been brought to our attention, which will enable us to make all necessary improvements. Once again, we would like to take the time and apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Thank you again for letting us know how your stay was and thank you for staying with Summerfield Inn

Been to Summerfield Inn? Share your experiences!