“Horrible bargain and lousy service” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Horrible bargain and lousy service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I recently stayed here during a work trip. My room was far from clean upon arrival. There was food stuck on the table. The dishes were dirty. There was no dish soap to clean them. This hotel offers no amenities to the traveler. My colleague couldn't receive a wake-up call. Housekeeping doesn't even come during stays of less than a week, leaving garbage to pile up in the rooms and requiring the traveler to ask for everything in person from the front desk- including toilet paper and soap. While it may be cheaper than other hotels in the area, it offers none of the comfortable accommodations. I would definitely advise other travelers to consider any of the other hotels in the area before choosing Extended Stay America Fresno.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Jarod - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. We are very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly and that you were not satisfied with our amenities. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned and stocked properly prior to our guest's arrival.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at frn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice neighborhood good eats around the corner and across the street. Property very nicely landscaped, quiet location. Rooms very clean and maintained. But been to many Extended Stays and I feel maybe they could spray the rooms with alittle freshener. what Pool ? don't know haven't seen one. Not 100% sure but don't think there is one. wish there was one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Debbie - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient, quiet location. As well, it's great to hear that you found your room to be clean. Still, I apologize if the freshness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I bought an Express Deal through Priceline for this hotel. When I called to ensure I could get a non-smoking room for my family (including a 3-year-old), I was told by the front desk (Christina) that a smoking room was what I got when I bought this deal, and she was not going to change me to a non-smoking room even though one was available. Priceline policies clearly state they cannot guarantee **availability** of a smoking/non-smoking room, not "you will be put in the least desirable room possible and you can make no changes". I said I'd need to speak to her manager before she finally relented. Someone should educate these fools that giving a discount doesn't give them free reign to treat paying customers so rudely. Otherwise, the room was pleasant and clean despite the loud footsteps of our upstairs neighbors.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The rooms are very clean and welcoming. The Manager Mary is very helpful and is there to help with your needs as a patron. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND...... There are 2 very good resturants across the street and an IHOP within walking distance....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I was so pleased with this hotel. I used priceline and was worried That the bid process would lead me to a horrible hotel. Luckily I was given this hotel, which is only two minutes away from my job. The area is great. A shopping mall near by. Woodward park is only 2-3 miles away and many restaurants close by. The hotel staff was very friendly and the check in and check out prices was fast and easy. The hotel room itself was great! The full kitchen was amazing. There were even pans and cups in the cubbards ! Hardwood floors in the " kitchen" gave it an at home feel. The flat screen tv was very nice. The area where I put my clothing felt like an actual closet , which had a full ironing board and iron. The drape closed off the area which I really liked. The bathroom was very nice, Good sized tub and counter space was very roomy. The bed was a bit stiff , but it was expected. My only issue was that one of the lights flickered when I would turn it on. Other than that my stay was great. The area is very quiet, I didn't even hear any other guests. The price is so low for the deal ! I will stay again for sure !

• Stayed November 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here one night in July 2013 as I wanted to visit Yosemite National Park. I got a great deal off Hotwire and I found the Hotel centrally located, only just off the Freeway and it was fine as a base for me to visit Yosemite. The room was clean and comfortable. My only two complaints are that firstly the grab and go breakfast is terrible. Guys please improve your grab and go breakfast in all honesty you are better off not offering/advertising free breakfast if that is what you are going to serve up. Either improve it to a half decent standard or scrap it all together. The other gripe was when I checked in the young guy at the counter was sub standard. It's the first Hotel I have ever stayed in where I haven't been shown/told where my room is located (this is quite a large Hotel) I was just given the keys and spent the next 20 minutes trying to find the room. But all in all it is a good budget option for those visiting Fresno or Yosemite and want a budget offering.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that the staff didn't offer you the service you expect and deserve upon check in. Please accept my apology as well as the grab and go breakfast. We value feedback and suggestions like the ones you provided so we can continually improve. Thanks to your comments, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at frw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed in Fresno to look for a house for one month. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood with all amenities all around including being close to Hwy 41.
If you want coffee don't go too late in the morning, 9am still have coffee but you might not have all of the fruit, cakes etc.
Wear slippers, carpets get dirty here, lots of dirt from pavement or construction workers??

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Patrick - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and all of the amenities we had to offer. Still, I do apologize that the carpet in your room was dirty. Our maintenance staff is currently deep cleaning the carpeted areas in your room to ensure this does not affect guests in the future.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fresno - North? Share your experiences!