“Cheap, clean and close to the Freeway/centrally located” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Sydney, Australia
“Cheap, clean and close to the Freeway/centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here one night in July 2013 as I wanted to visit Yosemite National Park. I got a great deal off Hotwire and I found the Hotel centrally located, only just off the Freeway and it was fine as a base for me to visit Yosemite. The room was clean and comfortable. My only two complaints are that firstly the grab and go breakfast is terrible. Guys please improve your grab and go breakfast in all honesty you are better off not offering/advertising free breakfast if that is what you are going to serve up. Either improve it to a half decent standard or scrap it all together. The other gripe was when I checked in the young guy at the counter was sub standard. It's the first Hotel I have ever stayed in where I haven't been shown/told where my room is located (this is quite a large Hotel) I was just given the keys and spent the next 20 minutes trying to find the room. But all in all it is a good budget option for those visiting Fresno or Yosemite and want a budget offering.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that the staff didn't offer you the service you expect and deserve upon check in. Please accept my apology as well as the grab and go breakfast. We value feedback and suggestions like the ones you provided so we can continually improve. Thanks to your comments, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at frw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed in Fresno to look for a house for one month. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood with all amenities all around including being close to Hwy 41.
If you want coffee don't go too late in the morning, 9am still have coffee but you might not have all of the fruit, cakes etc.
Wear slippers, carpets get dirty here, lots of dirt from pavement or construction workers??

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Patrick - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and all of the amenities we had to offer. Still, I do apologize that the carpet in your room was dirty. Our maintenance staff is currently deep cleaning the carpeted areas in your room to ensure this does not affect guests in the future.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

There are a lot of options all around this hotel so I will not choose it again. I was tired and asked for a quiet room, I was placed in a room facing the freeway, no way would it be quiet. Asked for another room so I was placed in their only other open room right next to the office. OK, but when I got in the room it seemed clean enough but then I saw a large ball of hair in the trash in the bathroom, like someone cleaned out a hairbrush in the trash. Gross! I decided just to get to sleep since I had to leave early. In the morning I realized that the bathroom lacked shampoo or a hair dryer. It was 5am so the office was closed so I had to head out without the chance to wash my hair. Not what I would have expected. Overall there are better choices at the same price point. I would look for other choices!

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our amenity policy was not communicated to you at check-in. Please know, we do offer a limited number of toiletries behind the front desk which is available to all of our guests upon request. As well, I will be speaking with my housekeeping staff about the importance of providing a clean room to all of our guests moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at frn@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I don't know what some of the low ratings are due to?! I have had a couple of different events out of town within the last few weeks & have been to a few different hotels....this one beats all of them by a mile! Check-in was a breeze & staff were very friendly & helpful! The place was clean, free from smells, and decorated very nicely! I enjoyed the mini kitchen and comfortable bed. The price was decent for what I consider a really nice hotel (this isn't the holiday inn) but regardless, I was still very impressed with the decent price & how nice the room looked. This is located near the nicer parts of Fresno and is near shopping and great restaurants. I enjoyed my stay & did not want leave! I plan on booking another stay with this same hotel in another location down south. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I choose the "studio" like room which I believe is the smallest room they have in the hote...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your your room, specifically the kitchen and bedding. As well, I am glad that the staff took such great care of you and you found our location to be very convenient. I will definitely share your remarks with the entire team.

Frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was very surprised that hotel had exterior corridors. Had not seen this at Extended Stay before. Also bedding was very sticky, did not 'breathe'. Seemed to have a high polyester content. Room was clean. Check-in took rather long due to 'high maintenance' customer ahead in the line

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the great comment about the room being clean. I will pass this along to my staff. I am sorry that the bedding did not allow you to "breathe". We are constantly updating these items, using guests feedback to do so. I will be sure to pass along your comments for future reference.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at frn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had to check in at Kaiser Hospital at 6am, and since I lived in Modesto, I decided to take Amtrak and stay here for the night. When the taxi driver pulled up he said there were other "better" hotels, (and that this is considered a motel), near by. Only this place was the best price and the lady at the counter was awesomely nice. I was on the top floor, felt safe, being a lone woman traveler. It seemed to have been updated, the carpet was not one I would walk on barefoot, but I dont do that in hotels/motels anyway. The bed and pillows was AWESOME too, I so did not want to get out of it to walk across the street to the hospital!! Shower was fine, for the price I would definitely stay here again> I left too early for the breakfast and would not have been able to try it since I was having surgery.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor, there is an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for trying us out. I'm glad that the staff was "awesomely friendly" and the location was so convenient for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and I have never stayed a such a wonderful hotel. Staff was wonderful. Everyone greeted me and ask to call at any time if I need anything. Grab and Go was a pleasant to see. I know now what hotel is my favorite. Thanks Fresno staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It was great to hear that the staff was so wonderful and that you enjoyed our Grab 'n Go breakfast! I'm thrilled that we will now be your favorite hotel!

Been to Extended Stay America - Fresno - North? Share your experiences!