“Not great, OK but I would not stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 65 hotels in Fresno
San Diego, Ca
“Not great, OK but I would not stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

There are a lot of options all around this hotel so I will not choose it again. I was tired and asked for a quiet room, I was placed in a room facing the freeway, no way would it be quiet. Asked for another room so I was placed in their only other open room right next to the office. OK, but when I got in the room it seemed clean enough but then I saw a large ball of hair in the trash in the bathroom, like someone cleaned out a hairbrush in the trash. Gross! I decided just to get to sleep since I had to leave early. In the morning I realized that the bathroom lacked shampoo or a hair dryer. It was 5am so the office was closed so I had to head out without the chance to wash my hair. Not what I would have expected. Overall there are better choices at the same price point. I would look for other choices!

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our amenity policy was not communicated to you at check-in. Please know, we do offer a limited number of toiletries behind the front desk which is available to all of our guests upon request. As well, I will be speaking with my housekeeping staff about the importance of providing a clean room to all of our guests moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at frn@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I don't know what some of the low ratings are due to?! I have had a couple of different events out of town within the last few weeks & have been to a few different hotels....this one beats all of them by a mile! Check-in was a breeze & staff were very friendly & helpful! The place was clean, free from smells, and decorated very nicely! I enjoyed the mini kitchen and comfortable bed. The price was decent for what I consider a really nice hotel (this isn't the holiday inn) but regardless, I was still very impressed with the decent price & how nice the room looked. This is located near the nicer parts of Fresno and is near shopping and great restaurants. I enjoyed my stay & did not want leave! I plan on booking another stay with this same hotel in another location down south. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I choose the "studio" like room which I believe is the smallest room they have in the hote...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your your room, specifically the kitchen and bedding. As well, I am glad that the staff took such great care of you and you found our location to be very convenient. I will definitely share your remarks with the entire team.

Frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was very surprised that hotel had exterior corridors. Had not seen this at Extended Stay before. Also bedding was very sticky, did not 'breathe'. Seemed to have a high polyester content. Room was clean. Check-in took rather long due to 'high maintenance' customer ahead in the line

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the great comment about the room being clean. I will pass this along to my staff. I am sorry that the bedding did not allow you to "breathe". We are constantly updating these items, using guests feedback to do so. I will be sure to pass along your comments for future reference.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at frn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had to check in at Kaiser Hospital at 6am, and since I lived in Modesto, I decided to take Amtrak and stay here for the night. When the taxi driver pulled up he said there were other "better" hotels, (and that this is considered a motel), near by. Only this place was the best price and the lady at the counter was awesomely nice. I was on the top floor, felt safe, being a lone woman traveler. It seemed to have been updated, the carpet was not one I would walk on barefoot, but I dont do that in hotels/motels anyway. The bed and pillows was AWESOME too, I so did not want to get out of it to walk across the street to the hospital!! Shower was fine, for the price I would definitely stay here again> I left too early for the breakfast and would not have been able to try it since I was having surgery.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor, there is an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for trying us out. I'm glad that the staff was "awesomely friendly" and the location was so convenient for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and I have never stayed a such a wonderful hotel. Staff was wonderful. Everyone greeted me and ask to call at any time if I need anything. Grab and Go was a pleasant to see. I know now what hotel is my favorite. Thanks Fresno staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It was great to hear that the staff was so wonderful and that you enjoyed our Grab 'n Go breakfast! I'm thrilled that we will now be your favorite hotel!

Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

As a travel nurse I have stayed in a plethora of facilities across our country. Overall, this room is clean, and being on the top floor- mostly quiet. The "grab-and-go" breakfast is a sham - barely any items placed out, and now the hours have changed so those of us who have to work the early shift cannot access it before we leave - staff say "corporate only lets us put out so much and that's all" - then why have it at all if you can't provide it for the entire time it is advertised for? The laundry facilities have been broken for the entire length of my stay and are extremely overpriced at $2.00 to wash and dry each load - EACH - only 2 of each work and there are signs on all the rest saying "sorry- out of service" - how long does it take to get someone here to fix them? Staff however are very friendly and helpful, never had any issues with front desk staff - housekeeping staff are efficient, however, as I have been here 8 weeks, I have yet to have my room really "cleaned" it is just take out the trash and put in new towels - a wash and mop would be helpful! Unsure if I would stay here again -

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the Grab and Go breakfast has not been as advertised and that all of the laundry facilities are not working. Please accept my apology.

In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the staff to ensure that the proper policies and procedures are being adhered to. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest feedback.

I am so glad to hear that the staff has been helpful and friendly! I invite you to contact me at frn@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a number of employees who would be working out of town and need long term accomadations. Karl Wertzberger was of great assistance in getting everything arranged for our 4 employees. The guys were extremely happy with the facilities and staff. Fresno North is one of the best ESA my employees have stayed at. They are also recommending it to other contractors working at the job site as the place to stay. Even those employees who only stay a night from time to time are impressed with the facility and staff. The staff is great to work with and extremely helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you love the property so much and Karl always takes care of you!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fresno - North? Share your experiences!