“Walk to Kaiser Hospital” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Modesto, California
“Walk to Kaiser Hospital”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had to check in at Kaiser Hospital at 6am, and since I lived in Modesto, I decided to take Amtrak and stay here for the night. When the taxi driver pulled up he said there were other "better" hotels, (and that this is considered a motel), near by. Only this place was the best price and the lady at the counter was awesomely nice. I was on the top floor, felt safe, being a lone woman traveler. It seemed to have been updated, the carpet was not one I would walk on barefoot, but I dont do that in hotels/motels anyway. The bed and pillows was AWESOME too, I so did not want to get out of it to walk across the street to the hospital!! Shower was fine, for the price I would definitely stay here again> I left too early for the breakfast and would not have been able to try it since I was having surgery.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor, there is an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for trying us out. I'm glad that the staff was "awesomely friendly" and the location was so convenient for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and I have never stayed a such a wonderful hotel. Staff was wonderful. Everyone greeted me and ask to call at any time if I need anything. Grab and Go was a pleasant to see. I know now what hotel is my favorite. Thanks Fresno staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It was great to hear that the staff was so wonderful and that you enjoyed our Grab 'n Go breakfast! I'm thrilled that we will now be your favorite hotel!

Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

As a travel nurse I have stayed in a plethora of facilities across our country. Overall, this room is clean, and being on the top floor- mostly quiet. The "grab-and-go" breakfast is a sham - barely any items placed out, and now the hours have changed so those of us who have to work the early shift cannot access it before we leave - staff say "corporate only lets us put out so much and that's all" - then why have it at all if you can't provide it for the entire time it is advertised for? The laundry facilities have been broken for the entire length of my stay and are extremely overpriced at $2.00 to wash and dry each load - EACH - only 2 of each work and there are signs on all the rest saying "sorry- out of service" - how long does it take to get someone here to fix them? Staff however are very friendly and helpful, never had any issues with front desk staff - housekeeping staff are efficient, however, as I have been here 8 weeks, I have yet to have my room really "cleaned" it is just take out the trash and put in new towels - a wash and mop would be helpful! Unsure if I would stay here again -

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the Grab and Go breakfast has not been as advertised and that all of the laundry facilities are not working. Please accept my apology.

In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the staff to ensure that the proper policies and procedures are being adhered to. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest feedback.

I am so glad to hear that the staff has been helpful and friendly! I invite you to contact me at frn@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a number of employees who would be working out of town and need long term accomadations. Karl Wertzberger was of great assistance in getting everything arranged for our 4 employees. The guys were extremely happy with the facilities and staff. Fresno North is one of the best ESA my employees have stayed at. They are also recommending it to other contractors working at the job site as the place to stay. Even those employees who only stay a night from time to time are impressed with the facility and staff. The staff is great to work with and extremely helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you love the property so much and Karl always takes care of you!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Bakersfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After reading some positive and some negative reviews on cleanliness and appearance of room, I requested one of the fully remodeled rooms during booking. I was told the ground floor rooms were only repainted but the two upper floors were fully remodeled. I requested and received one of the fully remodeled rooms which was very attractive and very clean. Though there was someone in the room above me who was walking on his kitchenette floor in boots for quite some time at around 2 am, overall I was very happy with this room. Pillows were a little thin but that would be my only real complaint. Great amenities for a great price. And nice part of town next to a higher end hotel, across from a hospital and just a few blocks from a good shopping area. Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Request one of the fully remodeled rooms (which were upper two floors during Nov. 2012)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a great review about our hotel. It was our pleasure to take care of your lodging needs while you were in Fresno. We are very proud of our freshly renovated rooms. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk if you hear noise, we will gladly move you to different room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I have to stay in many different hotels for work, I am constantly on the road and really like to feel at home after work. And as uncomfortable as my time in Fresno may have been, this home away from home definitely improved my experience. The clean and comfortable rooms along side a professionally mannered staff really makes the stay enjoyable and easy. Two thumbs up on the new renovations. The icing on the cake is the continental breakfast, you'll just have to see that one for yourself :-)

• Stayed November 2012
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel. It was our pleasure to take care of your lodging needs while you were in Fresno. We are so very proud of our freshly renovated rooms, and the convenience of the "Grab & Go" breakfast sounds like it was a hit out of the ballpark for you! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Fresno - North? Share your experiences!