“Good room, beds, breakfast, location, security and good price:-)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 65 hotels in Fresno
San Diego, California
“Good room, beds, breakfast, location, security and good price:-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean, secured. There a good indoor swimming pool and hot tub. Staffs are friendly. Breakfast is complimentary and has decent choices, cold and hot. Family oriented hotel. Rate is good, discount for AAA member.
Ask for room away from elevator to avoid noise. Elevator is super slow as all of the hotels of this class in Fresno. They are practically the same layout.
Complimentary 24hr cookies and coffee is nice. Recommended.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I enjoy this hotel when I visit Fresno. It's a good location and they are security aware, i.e., you go through the lobby to the rooms and they keep a pretty good watch on things and they don't blurt out your room number for all to hear. The beds and the pillows are super comfortable. I've had a couple of rooms that were a little "tired," e.g., the sheers were worn and/or torn in places. The carpeting in the halls is somewhat worn on the third floor I noted during my last stay. The inside pool is a negative (old and tired and worn and...)--I wouldn't use it. Nothing that a little TLC and/or some extra elbow grease couldn't fix. And, with that said, those were the only negatives. The price was fantastic, the housekeeping staff were excellent and the rooms are always clean--always. They are honest and I've never had a problem leaving any of my personal belongings in the room during my numerous stays. The housekeepers pay attention to detail and I think they are as good as any of the more expensive hotels in which I've stayed in various locations. The front desk staff offer exceptional service and are very friendly. I enjoyed the free breakfast each day I was there.

In short, the things that really matter to me, safety, comfort, cleanliness...were all present and I plan on making other stays at this friendly and comfortable place.

Room Tip: I received exceptionally good help on local restaurants from the front desk--they were terrific. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very comfortable stay here. Friendly & helpful front desk staff. Quiet room away from lift. Fair rates which include breakfast. Only bad thing was the toaster burns the toast even on the lightest setting. Plenty of other breakfast options. I would recommend this place & would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from lift
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the weekend my niece got married. It was in a perfect location & the crew/attendees were very helpful & pleasant. Rooms were way above my standard, and that makes for a clean, fun & enjoyable hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Union City, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of days from August 30 - September 1, 2013. Our experiences were:

1) Check in was fast and smooth. All the front desk staff knew what they were doing. On our second day, I booked a second room for my sister and checked in for her. The front desk staff was great on the second time as well.
2) The room was very spacious. We got a king bed and a sofa sleeper, which we didn't use. The refrigerator was very useful. We did not use the microwave or coffee maker.
3) When I made the reservation, I requested a room with easy access since my wife was temporarily disabled. The accommodated my request and gave us a room very close to the elevator.
4) The bathroom was disappointing. The shower/tub drained exceptionally slow. By the time we were done with a shower, the tub was about a third full of water. It took over five minutes to drain.
5) The toilet handle was flush up against the tank cover and required a lot of pressure to flush.
6) The towels were old and worn. The face towels felt like rubbing sandpaper against your face.
7) The free hot breakfast was very disappointing. We got downstairs at about 9:30 AM and there was practically nothing available. The eggs, bacon, biscuits, waffle batter, pastries were all empty. It took over 20 minutes before anything was replenished and then everything disappeared quickly because there were so many people waiting for food to be brought out. Also, there was no air conditioning in the dining area so it was very uncomfortable.
8) I feel bad giving this place just three stars. With very little work it could easily be four stars.

Room Tip: Let the reservations department know in advance what you need.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stop off so we could drive into Yosemite for the day before heading the long drive to Las Vegas, the customer service was excellent, if I could remember their names I'd definitely give them a mention. (The guy who was into wrestling and the girl with the tattoo sleeve!)

Hotel was of a good standard, maybe a little tired but price was spot on, room was comfortable and the included breakfast was far better than we expected. Would definitely stay here again if passing through on our next road trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Once again we chose to go with the high praise from TripAdvisor comments and were pleased with our choice. Had a great overnight stay on our way to Yosemite. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable, spacious room with great beds! The hot breakfast was very good, the cookies were great...and as a tea drinker, I was very pleased with the variety of tea choices offered. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno-North? Share your experiences!