“If you don't like filth & bugs - DON'T STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Inn Fresno

Save Saved
You added Executive Inn Fresno to your Saves list
Executive Inn Fresno
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1087 North Parkway Drive, Fresno, CA 93728 (Formerly Super 8 Fresno)   |
Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Sacramento, California
“If you don't like filth & bugs - DON'T STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My experience with Executive INN, Fresno, California was this place was anything but Executive treatment - this particular visit has made me uncomfortable in ever staying in another hotel or using booking.com again. Please advise all your clients to stay away from this horrific place.

The events are as follows:

7:04p.m.: Arrived in Fresno (downtown) only to find that the Super 8 in downtown knew nothing of any other Super 8 in Fresno - the reason being is that within the timespan of the previous week, Super 8 became Executive Inn. Please note here that I was not given any advance notice WHATSOEVER that this particular change had taken place. Be it of note here that their rate sign advertised their rates at $44.95 per night - so I wish to know where my discount was?

7:35p.m.: Walked into a sauna heated room (102). I immediately went to the office to inquire if the air conditioner was working. After an extended wait to be able to talk to the owner, he informed me that they do not keep the air conditioner on if there is no one in the room & that once I turned on the air conditioner, it should take approximately 35 minutes to cool off the room. Please note here that when I attempted to shut the front door & found the wood to be warped, thereby making it hard to shut the door so it would lock.

7:40p.m.: Returned to room 102 & went to the bathroom. I looked into the toilet prior to sitting & found a circular pattern of red insects that I assumed to be ants although I neither took pictures nor samples. I flushed the toilet & sat down and observed several hundred dead red insects (which I also assumed to be ants but I did not take pictures nor samples) on the floor in the toilet area. Additionally, when I got up & opened the door to enter the sink area, I observed a much bigger dead insect on its back with legs extended on the floor between the sink area & where the rugs begins.

7:45p.m.: immediately returned to the office & without thinking I asked the owners for a broom to sweep up all the dead bugs in the room. The man & the woman whispered something to each other & then offered me another room & tried to explain away the bugs by saying it was becoming summer & the bugs were just looking for a cool place (again, the room was heated like a sauna when we arrived). I said to the owners that I have a bug sprayer that comes every other month & the female owner informed me that they do too. I told her that when my guy sprays we don't have insects in the house, dead or alive, so they might well want to look for a different provider.

At this time the male owner took me to the room next door (103). We entered that room & started moving our property to the replacement room.

During my very uncomfortable stay, I found the pillow top mattress to be broken down on the side closest to the door, thereby making laying on the bed very uncomfortable. I had to set the bedclothes up so that I could lie crossways on the bed in order to not feel like I was falling out of the bed.

Additionally, the remote control was mostly inoperable & the only HBO channel played SPANISH ONLY, thereby making HBO impossible to enjoy since I do not speak nor understand very much English at all.

Later that night I did place a call to booking.com & talked to a very sarcastic female that informed me that I should have took pictures of the dead bug to prove what I was saying. I stated that after seeing that I was too shocked to think about pictures. I asked who the CEO of booking.com was & this female informed me that the CEO was a "ZARREN" (her spelling) but could not tell me if the CEO was a male or female or if that was their first or last name. I then asked to be connected to a supervisor & she put me on hold & then the connection was lost.

11:55p.m.: Not being able to sleep due to going into the bathroom (I kept the light on in order to try to ward off any unwanted pests) & finding the same red colored insects on the wall. By this time I was very irritated & called booking.com again. This time I was connected to an English male who supposedly took down the information & supposedly cancelled my Tacoma, Washington reservations (in August 2014). During our conversation about my complaints, distress, discomfort & inability to sleep, I informed the English male that the only reason I was staying until early morning was due to my son needing to sleep because he had to be awake early for his bowling tournament in Clovis. I then asked if someone could call me around 4:30a.m. so I could continue the complaint process and so that they could contact the front desk of Executive Inn after we had left because I wanted no further contact with the owners of this bug infested hell hole. This person did assure someone would call at 4:30a.m.

5:30a.m.: I called back to booking.com as no one had contacted me. I asked for a supervisor & they referred me to you. I, AGAIN, explained my situation to you & you told me that you would attempt resolution with the front desk. I asked you to wait until we checked out as I wanted no further contact with the owners.

6:10a.m.: I turned in the keys to the night clerk & informed him we were checking out & left for Clovis.

6:30a.m.: You called back & informed me that the owners would reverse the charges for Night 2 but not Night 1 so booking.com would refund my Night 1 stay as soon as I sent you the receipt for the room. Please find attached a scanned copy of my receipt. I appreciate you assisting me, you were the first positive experience in this whole horrible ordeal. Additionally, I thank you for actually cancelling the August 2014 trip to Tacoma, Washington, because as I explained to you I am very leery of trusting your service with my hotel accommodations at this time. I did receive the e-mail confirmation of the cancellation, however, within a week of booking that particular trip back in January of 2014, I was charged for 1 night's stay & that has not been refunded at this time, can you please check on the status of that refund as well.

I really appreciate your assistance in resolving these issues. As a further note, I am also out money for bug spray due to having to spray down all of our clothes in the trunk of my car to ensure that whatever the insects were at that room do not transfer to the inside of my house. Additionally, I will be having to come out of pocket for dry cleaning on 3 shirts for my son.

Please inform the Executive Inn owners that they need to get their act together, get all of the rooms insect free & don't be so quick to blame the weather for their inability to have clean & insect free rooms for the traveling public. As a final note, both rooms were less than clean almost to the point of filth in some areas.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great bed, clean room, very nice breakfast with waffle and/or cereal ,fruit.
Easy on & off nearby Freeway. Denney's next door for a full course meal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

West Point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Room was infested with cockroaches and had bed bugs. Bathroom was nasty, had mildew and tub was dirty. There were several brown stains on the walls which we soon discovered was from prior killings of cockroaches from previous guests. The continental breakfast had very little to offer and items would run out. The milk was warm so cereal was not a good option.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Brooksville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed Aug 3o for one night. There are not a lot of options for nice, clean hotels in this area. If you have the time, move on to a different part of the city or a different city all together. This area is full of questionable characters; we were bombarded with people wanting money, or to "sell" us poetry, etc. The only thing good about this place is that it was easy to find. The room smelled ok and appeared clean, but when I woke up in the morning there were baby roaches running around the bathtub--YUCK! We had a ground floor and there was a lot of traffic in the parking area, not sure why, maybe they rent rooms by the hour???But car doors slamming woke me up all night long. I think they offered a free breakfast, but no way was I going to eat at this place. Keep driving!

Room Tip: If you must stay, ask for a upper floor--maybe it won't be so noisy from all night traffic in th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This motel looked like the best option of the loads of lower end motels on the same street.

Only stay here to sleep as a stopover on a journey elsewhere. Do not stay longer, do not go out, especially after dark. Horrible neighborhood: pimps, prostitutes and who knows what.

No problem with the room though and a relatively good price.

Room Tip: Make sure you thoroughly check your room in the first 10 minutes of your stay. Otherwise you will no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Executive Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!